CHAPTER FOURTY

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

It’s Saturday and as promise, Chorong and Suho will move back into their penthouse. Suho was the most happy. After placing everything in the car boot. Suho, Chorong and Haneul step in the Suho’s car while Namjoo and Mr. Kim in Mr. Kim’s car.

When they arrive at the pent house, Haneul was so excited.

“Mommy, daddy, this house is so big. Look there is even swimming pool here.”

Suho and Chorong just looking at how excited their son is. Then Suho kneel down in front of Haneul and said “Now why don’t we go and look at your room. Daddy hope you’ll like it.”

Haneul nod his head excitedly. Suho and Haneul walk up stairs holding hands and into Haneul’s room. When Suho open the door and they walk in. Haneul was so amaze and said “Wow daddy. My room is so big. And look there are so many books here. I love books.”

“You love books?”

“Yes I love it. Mommy said I am just like her because she like books too.”

“Well that’s true. Now shall we go back down help your mommy in the kitchen.”

Haneul nod and they walk back down holding hands. When they arrive, Haneul said he want to watch television. So Suho let him watch. Then he walk in to the kitchen, Suho saw Chorong was busy making coffee for them and hot chocolate for Haneul. She didn’t even realize that Suho was there. He walk slowly and hug her from back. Chorong jerk out but quickly calm herself back.

“I’m very happy.” Suho said.

“I know and I am happy to.”

“Our son is happy to. He’s so excited.”

“I know. I can see that.”

“You did a good job rising him up alone. He’s smart and well manners just like her mother.”

“Thank you. I have to do the best for him. Well most of it, his exactly like you. He even look like you. So don’t worry.”

“I realize that and I’m happy.”

Chorong just smile. Then Namjoo and Mr. Kim arrive. Suho walk to the living room and saw Namjoo and Mr. Kim already sitting on the couch.

“Where did you go?” Suho ask.

“To buy some food. Chorong won’t be able to cook today, so I go and buy something for all of us.” Mr. Kim said.

“Why bother dad. I can cook for you guys. Anyway thank you.” Chorong said walking out from the kitchen with a try of coffee. She give Namjoo, Mr. Kim and Suho a cup of coffee and Haneul his hot chocolate. Then she sit beside Suho and take his coffee with her. Suho place his arm on Chorong shoulder. They then talk and chat about random thing.

***

After lunch, all of them walk back into their own room. Chorong and Suho walk in their master bedroom, while Mr. Kim and Namjoo help Haneul to unpack his thing in Haneul’s room.

When Suho and Chorong step in the room, Suho hugs her from back and said “At last.”

Chorong smile because she know what does Suho mean. Then Suho said “The room miss you so much.”

Chorong just smile. Then she realize one thing about the room. It’s the same how she left it that night she left Suho. Even if is been 4 years, she still remember it clearly how she left the room. The bed sheet and everything is still the same.

She turn around to face Suho. Suho look at her and saw her wondering face, so he ask “What happen? Do you have something to say.”

“The room. It’s still the same. Nothing change since the night I left you. I remember that was the last sheet I saw on the bed. My book on the table and the same glass and empty bottle on your side table. Your clothes on the couch. Everything is still the same. Why?”

Suho smile and said “Because after you left me, I never come back here. What’s the point of coming back here if you are not with me. If I come here, I’ll miss you more because every spot in this house have our memory. That’s why everything is still the same.”

Chorong eyes start to watery. She felt really guilty. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have leave you in the first place.”

“Hey, honey. Don’t apologize. It wasn’t your fault you leave me. Let’s just forget the past. Just you, me, Haneul and maybe our upcoming child.”

Chorong smile and nod her head. Suho bend down and kiss on Chorong’s lips. Then they broke the kiss and hug. Chorong start to pull her luggage to the walk in closet and start to unpack her things.

Suho was just sitting on the dressing table chair and look at Chorong unpacking her things. He was so happy today. His wife and son move back in the house. Suho just look at Chorong with smile on his face. Chorong saw it and said “What are you smiling at?”

“I’m just so happy today. It’s the most happiest day of my life. No the second happiest day of my life. My wife and son are back in my life.”

“Why second?” Chorong look at Suho with wonder face.

“Well the most happiest day was when I marry you.” Suho said walking toward Chorong and place his arm around Chorong waist. Chorong hand automatically land on Suho’s chest.

Chorong was just able to smile. Then she said “Now let me go. There are little more things left to unpack. Then I need to cook for dinner.”

Then a knock on the door can be heard. Suho said “I’ll be back.” And let go of Chorong and went to open the door. When he open the door, Mr. Kim was there standing.

“Dad, what is it?”

“Sorry to disturb your sweet moment but I just want to say that why don’t we eat dinner outside today.”

“I don’t mind. Wait I’ll ask Chorong.” Then he walk in the closet and ask Chorong about it.

“But I can cook for all of you.” Chorong said.

“I know you can cook angel. But just rest today and will eat outside. Okay.”

“Okay then. Up to you. I’m fine with it.”

Suho smile and walk back to his dad. “She’s okay with it.”

“Okay then. Will go out at 8.30 okay.”

Suho just nod his head as approval. When Mr. Kim walk away, he close the door and walk back to Chorong who just finish packing. She stretch her body and messaging her neck. Suho walk closer to her and start massaging her shoulder. Chorong open her eyes and move her face a bit to look at Suho.

“You must be tired today. Let’s go and rest for awhile.”

“Just rest okay. I know what you’re thinking about.”

“Just rest. Promise.” Suho said.

Then they walk to the bedroom and lie down on the bed. Suho pull her closer and hug her. He kiss her head and both of them fall asleep.

***

That night when they having a dinner at one of an expensive restaurant, someone walk to Mr. Kim and said “Hello uncle. I did not expect to meet you here.”

Everyone look at Changsub. Suho, Mr. Kim and Namjoo was smiling while Chorong panic. She didn’t expect to let Changsub know about her and Suho like this.

“Hello Changsub. What are you doing here?” then Changsub look at Chorong and Haneul.

“Oh Chorong, Haneul. What are you doing here with them.”

Suho look at Chorong worry face and smile. Then he look at Changsub and said “Changsub ah, I told didn’t I that I found my wife. Well let me introduce her to you. Changsub meet my wife, Kim Chorong and Chorong meet my cousin, Lee Changsub.”

Chorong just smile awkwardly. “So you are Chorong husband and Chorong is your wife. No wonder every time I ask about your husband, you change the topic.”

Chorong could not say anything so she just smile. Changsub was trying to control her laugh. Then Mr. Kim said “Are you alone? Why don’t you join us.”

“I love to uncle, but I’m on a date.”

“Date. Who?” Suho ask.

Changsub point at the girl and said “Her.” Chorong and Suho look at the person and saw Irene was sitting there alone waiting for Changsub.

Chorong smile and said “Irene. So at last your making a move?”

“I have too. I can’t take it anymore. Especially when other guys are trying to seduce her. So I plan to tell her today.”

“All the best son.” Mr. Kim said.

“Thank you uncle. I need that. I’ll better get going then.”

“All the best Changsub. Good luck.” Chorong said.

Changsub smile and walk to Irene.

***

When they went home, they all sit in the living room talking while having coffee like always. When they were talking, Chorong phone beep and Chorong open the text.

UNKNOWN TO CHORONG

Your time is getting closer now Chorong. You only have 1 week left to leave him. I saw you at the restaurant today and your son look so cute smiling and laughing. If you don’t want to see that is the last laugh from your son, leave Suho like I told you. 1 week left Park Chorong.

She start to freak out. No. Not my son. God I need to do something. Who is it? Chorong thought. She was really deep in her thought that she didn’t hear what the others are talking about.

Suho know something is bothering Chorong and he was in her thought when he ask Chorong a question but she didn’t give any respond. Chorong wake up from her thought when Suho shook her shoulder.

“Sweetheart. Are you okay? Did you hear what I say?”

Chorong look at him and smile “Sorry. I’m fine. What did you say?”

“Are you sure? You look so disturb this past few week.”

“Oppa is right unnie. Are you sure your okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

“Okay then. As you say. Why don’t you go upstairs and sleep. You look tired. Rest your mind.”

“It’s fine. I’m okay honey. Don’t worry. I need to tug Haneul first.”

“No. Go up and rest now or I’ll pick you up. I’ll tug in Haneul so don’t worry.”

Chorong sigh and said “Fine. I’m going.” She stand up, say good night to everyone. The moment her head rich the pillow, she fall asleep instantly.

When Suho walk in the room, he saw Chorong was sleeping so soundly. He walk closer and pull the duvet to cover her body, then walk into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Then, he lie down beside Chorong and like always hug her from back since Chorong was facing her back to Suho, kiss her hair and go to sleep.

It was 2.25am when Suho wake up because of the sound from Chorong’s phone. He switch on the table lamp and took Chorong’s phone, which was place beside Chorong side. He switch it on and saw a text from unknown. He was curious he read the text at notification panel. So he open the text.

UNKNOWN TO CHORONG

Having a good sleep Chorong. Sleep soundly while you can because it won’t last long. Remember Chorong only 1 week left for you to leave him or like I say for this past few week, you and your son will be dead. Understand. Bye and say I love you to my Suho.

When Suho read it, he become so curious and mad. Then he start to read every text that the unknown person sent to her.

“What the hell. Who is she to say this to my wife. No wonder Chorong look so worry this past few week. Why didn’t Chorong tell me about this? I need to find this person.” Suho said to himself. When he look at the number, he felt that number was familiar. So he took Chorong’s phone and his and walk out the room so that when Chorong wake up, she won’t know what is Suho doing it.

When he reach the ground floor and walk to the kitchen, he was startle to see Namjoo in the kitchen.

“What the hell. You scared me. What are you doing here little sis?”

“Drinking water. I couldn’t sleep. What are you doing big bro and why is are you doing with Chorong’s unnie phone?”

“I need to ask you something. By any chance did Chorong tell you anything.”

“Tell me what?” Namjoo frown.

“Like someone is disturbing her or texting her?”

Namjoo shook her head and said “Nope. She didn’t say anything. Why?”

Suho let go of a long sigh and said “Someone is disturbing her and texting her telling to leave me. Here read it.” Suho give the phone to Namjoo and Namjoo read it.

“She didn’t say anything about this. No wonder she look so disturb this past few week.”

“I know and I didn’t even know about this. I thought it was from her work and she was worry because of work. Look at the number. Doesn’t it look similar to someone phone number.”

Namjoo look at the phone number and shrugged her shoulder. Then Suho ask “Do you still have Hyo Rim number?”

“I never have her number. Don’t you have it?”

“I use to have it but I delete it. When I look at the number, it reminds me of her number. I just hope it’s not her because if it’s her, I swear I kill her with my own bare hand.”

“Why don’t you ask one of your PI friends. He might can help you. Take the number and give it to him.”

“That’s a good idea. I’ll give it to him tomorrow. I need to ask Chorong about this to about this and since when this text been disturbing her.”

Namjoo nod her head and said “Up to you but please don’t stress, shout or be mad at her. She must have her own reasons why she hide it from you.”

“I will. Anyway, go to sleep. It’s going to be 3 o’clock soon. And you said you have plan tomorrow.”

“Yup. Unnie and I thought about going for shopping or walk tomorrow. So you need to take care of Haneul.”

“really? I didn’t know that.”

“Well we just plan about it. Chorong unnie will tell you tomorrow, I think.”

Suho just nod his head. Then Namjoo say goodnight and walk into her room while Suho stay there for awhile to copy every text that Chorong get and when he was done, he walk back up into the room. When he close the door, Chorong heard it and wake up. She look at the door and saw Suho.

“Oh, it’s you. Where did you go?”

“Down stairs. I need a cold water that’s why.” Suho lie.

Chorong believe him and just nod her head. Then Suho lie down beside her and said “Go back to sleep. It’s just three o’clock.”

Chorong nod her head and lie down beside Suho. Suho pull her in his arm, kiss her forehead and let Chorong went to sleep.

“I promise nothing will happen to you and our son sweetheart. And I won’t let you leave me this time. Who ever try to blackmail and scared you, I’ll find her. I promise that.” Suho said when Chorong was already sleeping. Then he felt asleep.