CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Today was extra busy for everyone since the function will be held tonight. Chorong was being Chorong. She keep on helping the interior design and other if the need anything even if Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Suho told her to relax and not to stress herself let the people do their work.

Chorong ignore it and help what she needs to help. The workers were so thankful and happy to get some help from Chorong. They were the usual decorator and they know how it is to work with Mrs. Kim. They didn't know Mrs. Kim change so much and with Chorong there, they felt really comfortable. Chorong keep on serving them with drinks and food. She even told them to at least take a break.

After washing the dishes after their lunch, Suho walk in the kitchen and saw Chorong was busy cutting fruits and preparing hot lemon tea. He sighs and walk to Chorong and take the knife away from her. Chorong look shock and said "What are you doing? I'm cutting the fruits."

"I know. And it's Mrs. Shin job. So let her do it. You, my wife, need a break. Try to sit in one place and stop being so kind. Even Mrs. Shin is complaining because she has no job to do. Now let this thing been handled with Mrs. Shin. While you my beautiful wife follow me and sit with the others in the living room."

Chorong make a sad face and said "But I want to do it."

"No. Please for once listen to me sweetheart. Did you even look your face in mirror? You look pale and tired. I know you want everything to be perfect for mom, dad and Namjoo. But for once think about yourself. You are a human not a machine. Even machine need a break. Now let's go."

Before Chorong could say anything, Suho pull her away from the kitchen and into the living room. Once they arrive, Suho told Chorong to sit beside Namjoo and said "You are going to sit here and don't even think to stand up. The only time you are allow to stand up is to go to the toilet and I only give you five minutes for that." and take a sit beside Chorong.

"Suho is right, Chorong. You've been busy since morning. Take a rest at least." Mrs. Kim said.

Chorong sigh and pout. Suho smile and whisper "Don't pout. I feel like kissing you but I can't because we are infront of our family. But if you want me to kiss infront of them, I don't mind."

Chorong immediately pull her lips in . Suho was about to laugh but he control it.

Then like usual, Haneul will felt sleepy and he need to sleep. So Chorong walk up with Haneul and tug him under the duvet and he lie down beside Haneul. Haneul hug her tightly and Chorong kiss her forehead and he fall asleep instantly and Chorong did to.

She doesn't know why but these past few weeks she keeps feeling tired and sleepy. Usually she won't fall asleep when she put Haneul for an evening nap, but these past few days, she will sleep with Haneul too.

When both of them was in their dream land, Suho walk in and see both of his love ones were asleep. He smile and pull the duvet on top on Chorong and kiss both of their forehead, then walk back out.

Once he enters in the living room, Namjoo ask "Where is unnie?"

"She's sleeping with Haneul. So I let her sleep."

"Good. Let her sleep. She looks tired. Anyway I realize something. Chorong look pale and tired since yesterday but I didn't say anything. Is everything okay with her?" Mrs. Kim asks.

"Yeah, she's fine. But I realize it to. I ask her 2 days ago to go to clinic, but she said she's fine. It's just she's tired because she didn't get a good night sleep. So I trust her. If she still looks like that, I bring her to the clinic tomorrow."

"Yeah, please do that. She looks really pale." Mrs. Kim said.

"I know. I even saw her throw up this morning. I ask what happen, she said she's fine. Maybe just an indigestion."

"What? She didn't tell me that. I'll just bring her tomorrow to clinic."

Everyone just nod and agree.

After few hours later, while they were talking, Haneul walk down the stairs rubbing her eyes. Suho stand up and pick him up and sit back on the couch where he was sitting earlier. Then he asks "Where is your mommy?"

"Mommy is still sleeping."

Suho just nod but the truth is he felt weird. Chorong never sleep this long. Is she really fine? Or the gun shot was affecting her again. He was really worried and deep on his own though when Mr. Kim ask "Son, are you okay? You space out for awhile there and you look worried."

Suho look at Mr. Kim and smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just was thinking about Chorong." Then he looks at Haneul and said "Haneul, can you stay here and play with your aunty, grandpa and grandma for awhile. I need to go and see your mommy for awhile."

Haneul nod and ask "Can I eat cookies daddy?"

"Sure you can. But don't finish it and dirty your clothes, okay."

Haneul nod and thanked Suho. Suho place Haneul on the couch, stand up and walk up stairs to see Chorong.

Once he opens the door, he saw Chorong was still sleeping soundly. Suho walk and sit beside Chorong and move the strand hair from Chorong face and caress her cheek.

"Are sure you fine, honey? I hope you're not keeping any secret from me anymore. You make me worry."

Chorong move and open her eyes for awhile. She smile looking at Suho and when back to sleep hugging Suho's hand. Suho chuckle and try to pull his hand from Chorong slowly not to wake her up, but Chorong pull back his hand and hug it tightly.

Suho smile and then let out a very soft laugh and just lie down beside Chorong. He was just looking at Chorong the whole time she was sleeping.

Suho look at the time using his phone and it's already 6.45pm and the party will start at 8.30pm. Chorong is still sleeping. So he was about to pull his hand from Chorong arm. He wanted to call Haneul and get him ready first before waking Chorong up. He knows Chorong is so tired and he just let her sleep and help Haneul with his shower and clothes. At least he can have some father and son bonding.

After a few attempt, at last he was able to pull his hand. He kiss Chorong temple and walk down the stairs and saw Haneul was playing with his toys with Namjoo. He smile and call Haneul "Hey champ. Let's go and take shower. Your Aunty Namjoo also has to get ready for tonight."

"Okay daddy." Haneul said and start packing all his toys in the box and close it. Then he walks up stairs with Suho holding hands. Once they walk in, Haneul saw his mother is still sleeping so he look up at his daddy and asks "Daddy, why is mommy still sleeping. Is mommy not well?"

"She's fine. She's just tired. We'll wake her up after you get ready, okay."

Haneul nod and kiss his mommy cheek and walk back to Suho and they walk into the bathroom and Suho start helping Haneul with his shower. Suho fill the bathtub with water and pour some soap to make it bubble. They play with the water and have some fun. Laughter by laughter from Haneul can be heard. Once Haneul was done, Suho wipe Haneul body and wrap him with his favorite Ben 10 towel. Then he help Haneul with his suit and comb his hair. Once Haneul was all set, Suho smile and said "You look handsome my son."

"Of course I am because I am your son. Mommy always says that."

Suho raise his eyebrow and ask "Say what?"

"Mommy always says that I look handsome just like daddy." And smile.

Suho smile back and said "Okay now, go downstairs and wait for me with your granddad and grandmom okay. If they are not there, then wait with Mrs. Shin in the kitchen okay. I'll get ready and wake your mommy up. Okay."

"Okay." Then he runs out of the room.

Then Suho shout "Haneul, walk, don't run."

"Okay daddy." Haneul shout back.

He smile and shook his head. Then he went back in the bathroom for shower and once he was done, he got ready in his black suit and navy blue shirt. Once he was done, he walks to Chorong and wake her up. He caresses Chorong cheek and said "Hey sleepy head. Wake up."

Chorong stretch and rub her face with his palm and open her eyes slowly. She saw Suho face smiling at him, so she smiles back.

"What time is it?" Chorong ask.

"It's 7.35 now. Come on, wake up."

"7.35! How long did I sleep? Oh god. I didn't even realize Haneul wake up. He didn't even take shower yet." Chorong panic.

"Cool down, wife. It's only you left to get ready. I already get Haneul and myself ready."

"Haneul already got ready? Who help him?" Chorong ask.

"His daddy, of course." Suho said proudly.

Chorong smile and thank Suho with a kiss on his cheek. She looks at the clock and it already 7.40pm. She immediately stands up and walks into the bathroom to get ready. When Chorong was in the bathroom, Suho knock and said "Hon, I will be down stairs for awhile to check on Haneul, okay. I'll be back."

"Okay." That's all Chorong said and start to take her shower. Once she was done, she walks out and walks to the closet and takes her dress for tonight. It was a two-piece lace bodice mermaid skirt dress. The top was a simple black floral lace off shoulder top and the skirt is a mermaid floral printed dress. Since its floral theme, her dress was perfect for the theme.

Once she wear the skirt and the top, she just realize that her shoulder still have the gun shot scar

Once she wear the skirt and the top, she just realize that her shoulder still have the gun shot scar. She touch it start to think how to cover it. She didn't want to change the top since she bought this dress with Namjoo before the gunshot scene happen and Namjoo was hoping that Chorong wear this dress.

Then she remember that she usually cover her hickeys mark with concealer. So she takes her concealer in her makeup bag and start applying it. While she was applying the concealer on the gunshot scar, Suho walk in and immediately he was in shock and his mouth was agape.

"Are you wearing that tonight, sweetheart?"

Chorong look at Suho in the mirror and said "Yup. Why? Is it not nice?"

"No...No...No. It's perfect. It's beautiful. You look hot in it." Then he sighs and said "This mean that I can't leave your side at all this night."

Chorong frown and ask "Why? If you want to have fun, go ahead."

"Because, I'm scared that someone might seduce you."

"Oh. Don't worry about that because I only get tempted by my own husband."

He walks toward Chorong while saying "Really? I'm happy to hear that." And hug Chorong from behind. Then he asks "What are you applying?"

"A concealer on my scar. Since I bought this dress before getting shot and Namjoo really want me to wear it today so I have to wear it."

Suho just nod and place his chin on Chorong shoulder. Once Chorong was done with the concealer, she starts to apply makeup and Suho only watch her. She didn't take a long time applying makeup since she prefer a natural look more then inches of makeup.

Once she done applying a red lipstick, she turn to look at Suho and ask "Done. How do I look?"

"y, hot and beautiful." He said and smirks.

"I know that face. Whatever you're thinking right now, forget about it. Or not, I'll be sleeping with Namjoo tonight or maybe Haneul will be in the middle of the bed."

He pouts and said "Fine. But at least I deserve a kiss."

"For what?"

"For getting Haneul ready, for letting you sleep soundly and..." there was a long pause before he continue to say "...and for letting you wear this hot dress."

Chorong chuckle and said "The first and second reasons was acceptable. But third one isn't it a bit stupid."

"Hey, it's not. Why are you saying that?"

"Why? Because remember the dinner night that I wear backless, spaghetti straps and split, you didn't have problem with that. Remember."

"For me I did have a problem baby. A very big problem, because, the guys especially the single one was looking at you like. I swear if I wasn't calm and cool enough, I already punch them and take their eyes out."

Chorong was in shock. "Wow. Okay, cool down. Well maybe a short kiss won't hurt."

Suho smile and said "Of course."

He cupped Chorong's and met his lips with Chorong and kisses her. If Chorong thought it was a simple and short kiss, she was wrong. Suho was lying and depend the kiss and kiss her passionately. Chorong wanted to push him away but she too was swayed by the kiss.

Suho slowly move from her lips to her neck and shoulder. A very soft moan came from Chorong mouth and her finger slide in Suho's hair. One of Suho's hand move to Chorong waist and the other hand found the zip to Chorong's to and he start to it. Chorong realize that, and open her eyes and quickly push Suho shoulder and said "You liar." And hit his chest.

"Zip it back." Chorong said and turn around.

Suho try not to laugh or smile. He zips Chorong top and left a soft kiss on her shoulder.

Then he said "Wait here. I have something for you." And walk to the closet and open the drawer and take something out and close it back. He walks back at Chorong and place a necklace around Chorong neck. Chorong look at it and hold it with her finger tip and said "Suho, it's beautiful."

It was a simple silver infinity pendant necklace that features round white and black small diamonds detail.

It was a simple silver infinity pendant necklace that features round white and black small diamonds detail

"Do you like it?"

She turns around and said "I love it Suho. It's so beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it. Well you know yourself that what the symbol mean isn't it?"

Chorong nod and said "its infinity."

"Yes. That is how much and how long I will love you. Now look at the back of the pendant."

Chorong turn the pendent and smile. There was written their wedding date and their name on it.

"There's our name and our wedding date." Chorong said and tears start to appear on her eyes.

Suho smile and said "Hey, don't cry."

"It's happy tears. I promise. It's so so beautiful, Suho. Thank you. Thank you so much." Chorong said and kiss his lips.

"No problem. I wanted to give this to you on our 100 days of our wedding anniversary, but then the accident happen and you know what happen next. Since today is the date we get engage, so I thought I might just surprise you today. Now shall we go? It's time for the party start."

Chorong nod and the walk to the door. Before they step out, Chorong stop him and said "Honey, where's your tie?"

"Oh, I forgot. Wait here. I'll go and get it." Once he takes his black skinny tie, he gives it to Chorong and said "Here, tied it for me."

Chorong take it and tied it for Suho. When she's done, she push the tie knot up and left a peck on Suho's lips. Suho smile and said "If this, what I get if you tied my tie, I would tell you to tied my tie every day."

Chorong just chuckle and then they walk out the room and down the stairs. Once they arrive, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Haneul look at them and smile. Haneul run to Chorong and hug her leg.

"Mommy, you look sooo beautiful." Haneul said.

"Thank you, son. You look handsome to."

Haneul smile and said "I know. Daddy, grandmom and granddad said the same."

After awhile, Namjoo walk down in her two piece pink dress. The top was a simple sleeveless top and the skirt was a ball gown skirt with printed floral. Everyone look at her and she blush.

Everyone look at her and she blush

"You look so beautiful princess. I can't believe my bubbly, little girl who uses to tie two pony tails is getting engage today and will get married in two month." Mr. Kim said and tears can be seen in his eyes.

Namjoo hug Mr. Kim and said "Don't cry dad. Whatever it is, I'm still your little princess dad."

"Yes you are. You will always be my little princess." Mr. Kim said and breaks the hug and kiss Namjoo forehead.

Then Mrs. Kim said "You look beautiful Namjoo." She was also already in tears. Namjoo hug her.

Then Mrs. Kim said "I'm sorry I couldn't be a good mother to you."

"You were always a good mother, mom. Maybe we just didn't match up."

"I love you, Namjoo. My daughter."

"I love you too, mom." Namjoo said. Then they break the hug and both of them wipe their tears.

Then Suho and Chorong hug her. Haneul did too. He even said that Namjoo look so beautiful like a princess.

Then Mr. Kim said "Shall we go to the hall now. I bet the people are already starting to arrive."

The all nod and walk to the hall which was on the ground floor of their house.