CHAPTER THREE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“Dad your back.” Namjoo walk to her dad and hug him like she always does.

“Yes I’m back. Where is your oppa?”

“Upstairs. Changing. Why don’t you go and change first and I’ll tell oppa that your home.” Namjoo take her father briefcase and explain.

Her dad just nods his head, mess with her hair and walk away.

Namjoo walk up the stairs and knock on Suho’s door. Suho ask before opening it.

“Who’s that?”

“It’s me, your sweet sister.”

“Come in then.”

Namjoo open the door and saw her brother lying on the bed, going through the phone.

“What are you doing oppa?”

“Just going through my phone. Why are you here?”

“Dad is home. Come down.”

“Okay. You go first. I’ll be down in a minute.”

Namjoo nod her head and walk out from Suho’s room and went down. She walks straight to the kitchen to make coffee for all three of them.

When Suho walk down, his dad just walks out from the room.

“Son! It’s nice to see you here. How are you?”

“I’m fine dad. How are you dad?”

“I’m fine. Healthy as always. Namjoo said we have something to discuss. Come let’s talk in my office room.” Then his dad looks at their maid and said “Tell Namjoo will be waiting in my office.”

“Yes sir.” The maid bow and walk into the kitchen.

In the office room, his dad sits at chair and Suho sit beside him.

They were talking about works when Namjoo walk in the room with a tray with three mug of coffee. She places it on the coffee table and takes a sit the other side of her dad.

Then their dad, Mr. Kim starts to talk about the reasons they want to meet.

“So what is it that both want to talk about?” Mr. Kim looks at both of them.

Namjoo smile and said “Oppa propose to Chorong unnie today. You know about that isn’t it dad.”

“Yes I know. Your brother meet me yesterday to discuss about this. I’m happy for him. Did she say yes? I can’t wait to make her my daughter-in-law.”

Namjoo look at Suho and saw his face change to sad face. Namjoo look back to her dad and said “That’s the problem dad.”

“What’s the problem?” He then look to his son and ask “What happen Suho? Did she say no?”

Suho sipped on his coffee before he said anything. Then he places the mug on the table and said “She wanted to say yes. But she said I need to ask mom first because she said mom hates her. If mom says no, then we need to break up and I need to forget about her. Dad what should I do? Mom hates her so much. I talk about Chorong and about proposing her. Mom doesn’t like it. He even shouts at me. Dad help me. I need Chorong in my life. I don’t want other women.”

When Mr. Kim heard that, he smiles. He knows this will happen. So he have discussed this with Namjoo in the first place. He looks at his son worried face and smile. He was happy went Suho found someone special in his life. He know that Suho was serious about Chorong since the first time he bought Chorong to his house for dinner. Suho never bring any girl to meet with him or his mother.

He smile and said “I know this will happen. That’s why I plan everything with your litter sister here everything.”

Suho look at his dad and frown. “What do you mean you know this will happen, dad? You and Namjoo know mom hates Chorong?”

Namjoo and Mr. Kim nod their head. Mr. Kim then said “Yes we know. I saw your mother face when you bought Chorong in the house for the first time. She was happy at first because she taught Chorong was from some rich family. But when I ask about Chorong and she told us about her, your mom face change and she start to look at Chorong with hatred eyes. Namjoo even heard your mom said to Chorong that she was just after your money. Chorong try to explain but mom didn’t bother to listen.” Then he stop. He take a sipped on his coffee before he continue. “Chorong know your mom hates her. And we know when you propose her, Chorong will talk about this.”

“How did you know dad?”

“Chorong is very sweet girl Suho. I know girls like that always put family or someone he love so much first. Me and Namjoo like her since the first time we saw her. I really wanted her to be my daughter-in-law. And I know she can take care of you. She was special and unique. She even get along with your sister very well.”

Suho look at Namjoo for confirmation and Namjoo nod. Then Namjoo said “And believe me oppa. She’s not close with me because I’m your sister. She’s close with me because of me. She just want to be my friend since she and I have the same interest. We even talk a lot when you bought her here. We even help each other a lot. Like we know each other for a long time. I even ask what if she break up with you, will we still be friends and she say yes. I like her oppa. Then when you say that you wanted to propose her, I was so damn happy. At last I’ll get a sister-in-law which I like and close with me.”

Suho was happy. At least his dad and sister love Chorong. He look at his dad and ask “So what should I do dad? I don’t want to lose her.”

Mr. Kim and Namjoo change look to each other and look at Suho back with a smile.

Mr Kim then said “There is two way. First tell her to meet me and I’ll explain everything to her. Or just fake your accident like you always look at drama. Choose.”

“I can’t fake my accident. She’ll cry. I can’t see her cry. It will break my heart.”

Namjoo and Mr. Kim laugh. Then Namjoo said “Dad your son really change after he start to date Chorong unnie.”

Suho frown and said “What do you mean by that?”

“Oppa, you never care about making a girl cry beside me and mom. But suddenly, you can’t she Chorong unnie cry because it will break your heart.”

“Stop it Namjoo. Don’t mess with you oppa. Let’s get back to the discussion.” He look at Suho and ask “So son, how?”

“Can we just go with the first option first. If it still doesn’t work, we can use the second option.”

“Okay then. Tell her to meet me tomorrow at my office at lunch hour.”

“Okay dad. I will do that. Thanks dad, Namjoo.”

Mr. Kim and Namjoo smile. Mr. Kim said “No problem son. My child happiness is more important than anything.”

Then Suho ask permission to go back to his apartment. Mr. Kim and Namjoo stand up with him and say goodbye.

...

The first thing he did after he arrive at his massive double-story penthouse, he sit on the couch and call Chorong. When Chorong answer the call, he smile. He really like to listen to Chorong voice.

“Hi. Why are you calling me in the middle of night?”

“Hi beautiful. Just. I miss you.”

Chorong chuckle that make Suho smile from ear to ear. It was like a melody for him.

“Miss me? We just meet a few hours ago Suho.”

“I know. Still I miss you.”

“Okay, but I don’t believe you. What is it? Do you have something to tell me?”

“Wow. You really know me very well. Well dad wants to meet you tomorrow at his office at lunch hour. Will you be free that time?”

“I will be free that time. Why is it that your dad want to meet me?”

“I don’t know. Just go and meet him please.”

“Okay. I will.”

“Thank you. So what are you doing?” Suho ask trying not to end the conversation.

“Nothing. Just doing my work and watching television.”

“You’re doing two things in one time. Wow. Impressive.”

“I’m not doing two works in one time. I’m just doing my work on the laptop and watching television to accompany me. Anyhow, favourite drama is on now. So I need to watch it.”

“Really. What are you watching?”

“The K2. Why?”

“You’re watching that drama. I hear it’s boring.”

“I don’t care. Ji Chang Wook is in that drama. I watch all of his drama. I damn love him.”

When Suho hear what Chorong said, he felt jealous. “Chorong sweetheart. What did you just say?”

“Ji Chang Wook is in that drama. I watch all of his drama. I damn love him. Why?” Chorong say it again.

“Chorong you can’t love any other guy beside me.” When he finish talking, he heard Chorong laugh.

“Are you jealous Suho? Seriously. Your jealous with an actor.”

“Yes I am and I have the right to feel jealous. You’re my girl.”

“Suho he is just an actor. I don’t know him and he don’t know me. And I’m a girl. Every girl have their own favourite actor. You must have your favourite actress to.”

“I don’t care. I don’t know why but I start hate this guy. And yes, I do have my favourite one. Her name is Park Chorong. Do you know her? She’s hot and beautiful.”

Chorong laugh hearing what Suho said. “Oh! Well sorry Mr. Kim Jun Myeon, I’m not an actress. I’m just an ordinary girl who works as a graphic designer and salary by the end of the month.”

“I know. But what can I do. I only look at her.”

“Whatever Mr. Kim. Aren’t you going to sleep? It’s getting...OUCH!”

When Suho heard, Chorong shout in pain he start to panic. “What happen Chorong? Are you okay baby?”

“Yes I’m fine. Is just that I spilled hot water on my finger.”

“Is it bad? Should I come?”

Chorong chuckle and said “I’m fine. It’s not worse. It happen to me sometimes. Just stay where you are.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes Mr. Suho. I’m fine. God you are worrying without reasons.”

“Of course I will.”

Then Chorong’s house bell rang telling that someone is infront of her door. She frowns and look at the clock with was hanging on the wall.

“Suho wait. Someone is here. I need to know who it is. I’ll call you back later.” Chorong said.

“No don’t hang up. Who is that? Why is that person disturbing you at night?”

“I don’t know. But I need to see who it is.”

“Okay but don’t hang up.”

“Okay. Fine.”

Chorong walk to the door and take a peek through the door hole and saw one of her neighbour. She smile and open the door.

“Ji Sung Oppa. You scared me. I taught who it was.”

“Sorry. I try to call you but you didn’t up and the line was busy. So I taught why don’t just give a try and ring your bell. Is good you didn’t sleep yet.”

“Oh sorry. I was on the phone. What is it that you want?”

“I was doing my assignment and suddenly I felt really hungry. I try finding ramen in my house but I didn’t any stock. So, I taught you must have one. Can I have one?” Ji Sung said and smile showing his white teeth.

Chorong laugh because the way Ji Sung says it. “You must forget to buy and make your stock didn’t you? Wait here. I’ll take one.”

“Chorong wait. Can I have two?” He said showing two fingers to Chorong. Chorong just laugh and nod. She went to the kitchen and takes two ramen from the kitchen cabinet and walk back to the door and give Ji Sung the ramen. Then she ask “It’s that’s all?”

“So far yes. Thank Chorong. You are so kind. That’s why I love you.”

“Shut up. Go away. Your girl might get jealous if she hear you say I love you to me.” Chorong said it with a soft laugh.

“No she won’t. Anyway. Thank you my beautiful Chorong. I appreciate it.”

“Add this up and you own me 5 packet of ramen. You need to replace it back.”

“Okay. I will. Bye.”

“Bye and all the best for your assignment.” Chorong said and close the door.

For the whole conversation Chorong with Ji Sung, Suho heard it. He was burning in jealous and anger. He even was cursing that guy in his heart.

Then Chorong remember that Suho was still on the line. He place the phone on her ear and said “Sorry Suho. Sorry because you need to wait.”

“Who was that?” Suho ask firmly.

“My neighbour. Ji Sung oppa. Why? Don’t say you’re jealous Suho.” Chorong said.

“I am and I am damn jealous. Why is he asking for ramen from you? His a man. He can just go and buy it at the store. Why is he asking from you? And he said I love you. Really. He even call you beautiful. No one say I love you to my girl. Your mine and only mine.” He emphasize.

“Suho stop. You’re just being jealous. He is like my oppa. That’s all."

"I don't care. Chorong remember your only mine and I'll make you mine."

"Suho you need to stop this. Did you talk to your mom about you propose me?" this time Chorong emphasize it.

"No not yet." Suho lie. He have to.

"Then please don't say that I'm your. talk to your mom first. If she agree then I'm your understand."

"No Chorong. Even she say no you still be mine. I won't break up with you. FULL STOP."

"Suho please. Just talk to your mom first. Anyway it's getting late. Go to sleep Suho. You must be tired. That’s why you’re acting like this. It’s been a long day.”

“Yes it is a long day. Okay then. Good night sweetheart. I love you.”

“Goodnight Suho. I love you too.”

Then they hang up. Suho walk up to his room, got change and lay on the bed thinking about Chorong. In just a few minutes, he fell asleep.