CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“Hey Suho. Are you okay?” Changsub ask when he saw Suho was in a shock face.

Suho look at Changsub and nod and look again at Chorong. Chorong on the other side was speechless. She was so damn shock she didn’t know what to do.

“Suho meet my best friend Park Chorong. And Chorong meet my cousin Kim Jun Myeon also known as Suho.” Changsub introduce both of them.

Changsub look at Chorong and saw she was also in shock. He hit softly on Chorong shoulder and ask “Chorong, are you okay?”

Chorong look at Changsub and nod. “Yeah I’m fine.”

God I miss that voice. I miss that voice so much. Suho taught the moment when Chorong start to talk.

She look at Suho back. What is he doing here? Why must him to be Changsub cousin. Chorong taught.

Suho extend his hand to shake with Chorong’s hand. Chorong hesitate to take Suho’s hand but she take anyway just to show some respect. The moment Chorong shake Suho’s hand, Suho felt something.

I miss her touch. I miss her so much. She still have such a soft hand. Suho taught. Chorong then pull her hand and look at Changsub “Changsub, I need to settle something. I’ll be going now.”

“Okay then.” Changsub smile at her. She smile back and then walk off. That was just excuse to ran away from Suho. She can’t face Suho longer. Suho on the other side was just looking at Chorong.

She look hot and beautiful in that dress. She really look y. Suho taught. He was so deep in looking at Chorong. Changsub saw that and tap Suho’s shoulder “Yah! Suho. Stop looking at Chorong like that. She is someone wife.”

Suho look at Changsub and smile. Then he ask “How long have she work with you?”

“Like I say before. I think it’s been 4 years now. Why?”

4 years. Mean she’s been working here after she left me. Suho taught again. Now he is mad. She left me and continues her life working here like nothing happen and I was torching myself for the past 5 years. How could you do that to me Chorong? I suffer for the past 5 years without you. And you are here living your life like nothing happen. She can even laugh and smile like nothing happen. Suho said in his heart. He was mad. Very mad. Especially when he saw Chorong was smiling and laughing with her friends.

Chorong was talking to her friends and take a glare to Suho sometime and she realize that Suho was looking at her. She felt really uncomfortable and worry in the same time. Why is he here? Why must he be here? Why must his the one to be Changsub cousin? Why God? I need to get out from here now before he asks me so many questions. God! Haneul. He can’t know about Haneul. He quickly places her glass on the nearest table and walk to Irene.

“Babe, where is Changsub or Mr. Lee?”

“Mr. Lee is there talking to the bank company and Changsub is there talking to our supplier.”

“Okay thank you.” Chorong smile and walk to Changsub.

“Changsub, I’m going home. Something happen. Sorry I couldn’t stay longer.”

“Why what happen? Is everything okay?” Changsub ask in worries.

“Nope. Nothing bad happen. Is just that something happen and I can handle it by myself.”

“Okay then. Please to talk to dad before you go. If not he’ll be worry.”

“Okay. Thanks Changsub. I’m sorry I can’t stay.”

“It’s okay.” Changsub smile at her and she smile back.

She walks to Mr. Lee and tell Mr. Lee that she’s going back home and apologize. Mr. Lee understands and let Chorong go home. Chorong thank him and walk by. When Suho saw that Chorong was leaving, he ask permission to the person he is talking to go and chase Chorong. Chorong was walking fast so that Suho won’t see her. At hall alley, Suho pull Chorong’s arm and pin her on the wall. Fortunately no one was there. Chorong was in total shock. He looks at Suho face and all she can see in his eyes was anger.

“Running away Mrs. Chorong?” Suho ask firmly.

Chorong couldn’t say anything. She was scared. Suho grip on her arm was so tight.

“Suho, your hurting me?” Chorong said in her crack voice. She was about to cry but she hold it in.

“I’m hurting you. How about you hurt me and make me suffer for almost 4 years Chorong. For the last bloody 4 years I suffer alone waiting for you to come or call or at least text me. But you didn’t. Where the hell did you go? You hurt me more Chorong. You hurt me bad. I waited for you almost everyday and believing that you’ll come back. But here you are laughing and having fun with your friends.” Suho said angrily. His eyes were on fire.

Chorong couldn’t say anything. Suho got angrier when Chorong didn’t talk to him. He needs answer. Then he said “Now you listen to me and you listen well. You make me suffer for this last past 4 years. Now I’m going to make you suffer for your whole life Park Chorong. Understand.” He said to her and then walks away.

The moment Suho walk away, Chorong broke down. She was crying out loud. She stands up and ran away from the hall and stops the taxi. She told the taxi to the address. When she arrives at her house, she had a shower and change before she go and pick Haneul up at her neighbour house. She rang the bell, and Mrs. Shin opens the door.

“Oh Chorong. You’re early.”

“Yeh! I didn’t feel like staying at the party longer today. That’s why. Where’s Haneul? Is he asleep?” Chorong ask

“No his not. Still playing. Wait I’ll call him.”

Mrs. Shin walks inside and calls Haneul telling him that his mother is here. Haneul walk to the door and smile.

“Mamma, your back.” Haneul said happily.

Chorong smile at his son and said “Yes I’m back prince. Shall we go now?”

Haneul nod his head. He looks at Mrs. Shin and bow. The he said “Thank you granny for taking care of me. See you later.”

Mrs. Shin smile and said “No problem son. Bye.”

“Thank you aunty for taking care of my naughty boy.”

“It’s okay. At least there is someone to cheer me up here. And his not naughty. His a very sweet boy.” Mrs. Shin answers with a big smile.

Chorong thanks Mrs. Shin again and walk in her house. In the house, she ask Haneul “So son, do you want to sleep with me today?”

“Can I mamma?”

“Of course you can. So?”

“I love to.” Haneul answer happily.

Chorong smile and then walk into her room. Both of them lay on the bed. Just a few minutes later, Haneul feel asleep. Chorong look at him and smile. Then suddenly, tears start to fall from her eyes.

“Haneul, Mamma is very sorry.” Chorong apologize. He looks at Haneul face and smile. Her son who look like Suho more then he look like her. She was happy when Haneul look like Suho because he is like a cure longing for her toward Suho.

“What will I do now son. Your dad shouldn’t know about you. Haneul ah, your mamma is very scared.”

She wipes her tears and caresses Haneul’s hair. She kisses his forehead and cheek and hugs him tightly. Then she fall asleep.

***

 

After the party, Suho didn’t went home straight but he stop at one of the bar that he and Jinyoung always drink. When he arrive there and start to get tipsy, he take his phone out and call Jinyoung.

“Hello dude. How are you? Why are you calling this late at night.”

“Hey duddy. I’m fine.” Suho said in his drunk voice.

“Suho, are you drank?” Jinyoung ask.

“No I’m not. I’m fine. Come and accompany me here.”

“Suho you are so drunk. Wait there. I’m coming.”

After a few minutes, Jinyoung come and Suho is already fully drunk. When he see Jinyoung coming toward him he smile and said drunk tone “Hey buddy, You came. Ow so sweet.” Then he pinch Jinyoung cheek and shake left and right.

“Suho your drunk. You never been drunk before. What happen to you dude?”

“I’m hurt. I’m very hurt. Chorong shouldn’t do that to me. How come she be happy after she left me just like that.”

“Suho, what are you saying. Did you found Chorong?”

“Yes I did. He is Changsub best friend. And you know what hurt the most. She’s happy. She look so happy and glowing. She shouldn’t look like that. Why is she even glowing after she left me?”

“Suho, your just drunk. I don’t think so she will glow after she left you. She love you as much as you love her. It’s a party, she must smile and make herself look good. Maybe that’s way she looks like she glow.”

“No I’m not drunk. I saw it with my own eyes. She was smiling and laughing even after we meet. Jinyoung, your my friend. You need to be on my side. Not her’s.”

Jinyoung sigh and said “Let’s just bring you home Suho.”

“Nope. I not going anywhere. I’m going to drink until I feel happy.”

Jinyoung sigh again and told the bartender to stop serving drink. After paying for every drink that Suho drink, Jinyoung help Suho to stand up even for a few time Suho push him. When they walk out the bar, Suho free himself from Jinyoung and walk unstable. Jinyoung try to hold him but he will push Jinyoung away and walk away.

Then he saw a girl walking with a guy who look like Chorong from back. He walk near her and turn her around. The girl boyfriend was in shock and said “Excuse me sir. What are you doing? Leave my girlfriend alone.” Suho ignore it and he tighten his grip and said “Kim Chorong...no, your Park again now. Park Chorong, why did you leave me? You sshouldn’t leave me like that? You said you love me so much but why did you leave me and how come you can be happy and make me suffer.”

Jinyoung who was trying to find Suho saw him and run to him and pull him away “Suho, this is not Chorong. Stop it Suho. Your hurting her.”

Jinyoung able to let the girl free and apologize to them and pull Suho to him car. Then he send Suho straight to his home. When he arrive at Suho parents home, he call Namjoo.

“Hello Namjoo. It’s Jinyoung oppa. Are you home?”

“Yes I am. Why?”

“Look I’m outside your home and your oppa is drunk. Totally drunk. Can you open the door and help me.”

“Sure. Be there in a minute.”

After a few minutes Namjoo walk out and help Jinyoung walk Suho who was already knock out, in the house and straight into the room. It’s good that Mr. and Mrs. Kim was fast asleep.

After saying thank you to Jinyoung, Jinyoung went straight home and Namjoo walk back in Suho’s room and take out his shoes and socks.

When Namjoo was about to walk out, SUho murmured in his sleep “Chorong, I still love you. Please come back to me. Why did you leave me all alone an let me suffer.”

“I’m sorry oppa. I’m really am.” Namjoo said and walk out the room and went in her room.