CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“Hello Mrs. Kim. How do you feel today?” the doctor ask.

Chorong smile and said “I’m fine. Feeling much better. Just is still hurt if I move my leg or my left hand.”

“It will happen Mrs. Kim. I will take at least a month for that to heal. After a mont, you can come and we will take off your hand cast. Make sure you don’t move so much. I’ve check everything and you are all better now. Here’s your check out form. Fill it and you are free.” The doctor said and give the form to Suho to fill in.

Chorong smile and was so excited. She move and immediately winch “Ahh!”

“I told you not to move so much didn’t I Mrs. Kim.” The doctor said.

“Sorry. So I’m going to stay like this, my hand hanging for a month?”

“Yes Mrs. Kim.” The doctor said and smile.

Chorong just sigh.

Then Suho give back the form and thanked the doctor. Then the doctor walk out.

“So, are you ready Mrs. Kim Chorong?”

“Of course I am.” Chorong said excitedly.

After packing, Suho carry Chorong and sit her on the wheelchair.

When they arrive home, Haneul run toward Chorong and hug her.

“Yeah, mommy is home. I miss you mommy.”

“I miss you to son. Did you behave?”

“Yes I did. Ask aunty sunshine and uncle Kyungsoo.”

“Good boy.”

“Okay son, now  let your mommy rest for awhile, okay. And then at night we can have dinner together with grandpa and grandma.” Suho said.

Haneul nod his head, give Chorong a kiss on the cheek and run back to watch his cartoon.

“Welcome back home unnie.”

“Thank you Namjoo.”

Then Suho push the wheelchair near the couch and pick up Chorong bridal style and walk up the stairs and into their room. He place Chorong carefully on the bed and pull the duvet on top of her until her chest. He kiss Chorong’s forehead and told her to rest.

“Do I really need to rest? I want to talk with Namjoo and play with Haneul.”

“Yes, you need to. The doctor told you to. So please rest okay.”

“But I’m not tired.”

“Still you need to rest.”

She pout and nod her head. Suho smile and kiss her pout and said “Rest okay. I’ll be here. I love you my wife.”

“I love you too my husband.” And fall asleep instantly.

Suho chuckle and said to himself “and she can say that she’s not tired.”

***

That night after dinner, Mrs. Kim, Namjoo and Chorong was outside at the balcony, talking. While, Suho, Mr. Kim and Kyungsoo was inside in the living room, talking.

Then Mr. Kim ask “So Suho aren’t you planning to buy a proper house. How long are you planning to stay here?”

“I’m found one dad. I wanted to show her that night when she got shot. Now I just have to wait her fully recover before bringing her there.”

“Really. Good then. I’m happy for you, son. So Kyungsoo how about you?”

“Don’t worry dad, I brought your daughter a house to. It’s in Itaewon.”

“Really. I brought my house there to. Please don’t say we are neighbor.” Suho said.

“I think we are.” Kyungsoo said.

Suho sigh. Then Mr. Kim said “What happen son? Aren’t you suppose to be happy because your house is near your best friend and sister.”

“I am dad but then I think again, I don’t think I will get to see Chorong most of the time then because she will hang out with Namjoo.”

“I didn’t thought about that. Okay now what should we do?” Kyungsoo said.

“We bought that house and now just bare with it.” Suho said. Then Namjoo walk in and helping Chorong. When Suho saw that, he immediately walk to Chorong and ask Namjoo “What happen? Where are you going?”

“Unnie said she need to go to the toilet. I told her that I’ll call you but she insist.”

“Sweetheart, how many time have I told you. If you need to go anywhere, call me.”

“But I can walk. I just need a help that’s all. If I call you, you will pick me up.”

“You just came out from hospital this evening darling. It’s still new. You can’t walk yet. I don’t want you to be back in the hospital. God, why is my wife is so stubborn.” Suho said.

“It’s need the blood son. The Kim’s lady are stubborn. Now help Chorong. She need to go to the toilet.” Mr. Kim said. Suho nod and pick her up bridal style and walk up to their room and straight to the bathroom.

“Call me if your done. I’ll be waiting outside.” Suho said.

“Yes sir. Now go.” Chorong said.

Suho walk out and wait for Chorong.

When Chorong was done, Suho walk in and pick her up.

“Why do I feel like I’m a 6 month old?”

“Because you are in pain that’s why?”

“But I can still walk Suho. How long will you pick me up like this? Your back will hurt. I’m heavy.”

“No you are not. You are as light as feather. I can pick you up the rest of my life. I don’t mind. Because I love you so much.”

Chorong smile and kiss his lips. “How did I get so lucky?”

“I don’t know.” Suho said.

Chorong chuckle and said “I love you. So dearly.”

“Me too sweetheart. Me too. Now let’s go back down. Or your tired.”

“No I’m not. I sleep more then I need to. Let’s just go back down and talk with them.”

Suho smile and kiss Chorong lips before headed down.

When they arrive down, Suho place Chorong on the couch and he sit beside her. For the whole time, Suho didn’t leave her side and keep on holding her hand and will kiss her secretly on her hair. Chorong smile everytime he did that. She’s happy. Very happy.

Namjoo who saw that smile and thank God for everything. She have a feeling that nothing will get between her family anymore. Kyungsoo saw her smiling and ask “What are you smiling about?”

Namjoo turn to look at Kyungsoo and said “Nothing. Just I’m happy now.”

“I am too Dove. And if you are happy, I am happy.” He said and kiss her temple. Then he said “I love you Kim Namjoo, soon to be Do Namjoo.”

“I love you too Do Kyungsoo.” Namjoo said and smile. Then Kyungsoo move closer to her ear and whisper “Dove, I want a kiss. I miss your kiss.”

Namjoo look at Kyungsoo with her big eyes and said “Behave Kyungsoo. We are infront of our family.”

“Then shall we find a private place.”

Namjoo nudge Kyungsoo waist “Behave Mister.”

“Ouch! It hurt Dove.”

“Good.” Namjoo said and smile.

“I’ll get my kiss before I go home. And you will be the one give me the kiss. God! I can’t wait to marry you.”

“Patient Kyungsoo, patient. You just need to wait another two month before my daughter be yours.” Mr. Kim said.

Namjoo and Kyungsoo was in shock and turn to look at Mr. Kim who is smirking at them and smile awkwardly.

“Since when you are here, dad?” Kyungsoo ask.

“Since someone asking my daughter to kiss him.” Mr. Kim said and smirk.

“DAD!” Namjoo said.

Mr. Kim laugh and ruffle Namjoo hair. Namjoo felt shy and hide her face with her hand.

“What happen dad? Why are you laughing?” Suho ask.

“Nothing.” Mr. Kim said. Then Mr. Kim mouthed to Kyungsoo “Thank you for making my daughter happy.”

“My pleasure dad.” Kyungsoo said.

Then Mr. Kim walk away to his wife.

The moment Mr. Kim Hug her wife shoulder Mrs. Kim said “I’m happy dear. My son and daughter are happy. Look at them.”

Mr. Kim look at Suho and Chorong who was playing with Haneul and then look at Namjoo and Kyungsoo who was like arguing something.

“I know and I am happy for them.”

“If just I know Suho is this happy I won’t do that stupid mistake.”

“It’s all in past dear. You were force to. Now let’s forget about it and build a new life.”

“Your right. I love you dear.”

“I love you too.” And kiss Mrs. Kim temple.

Then it was getting late, so Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, Namjoo and Kyungsoo ask permission to go back home.

When everyone went home, Suho pick Haneul who is already sleeping on Chorong lap and walk to his room. After tug him up, he walk back down and said to Chorong “Do you and to sleep now?”

Chorong shook her head and said “Nope. I’m not sleepy yet. Are you sleepy? If you are we can go to the room now.”

“No I’m not. So what do you want to do?”

“Can we drink. I want wine.” Chorong said.

“Sure. I’ll go and take it. Wait here.” Then he walk to the kitchen and pour two glass of red wine.

Then he walk back to the living room and give Chorong one glass and sit beside her back. The cuddle and talk about random thing. Then Suho ask “It’s your leg and shoulder okay.”

Chorong nod and said “Yes. I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Then he look at the clock and said “Let’s go now. You need to change your bandage.”

Chorong just nod and Suho pick her up and walk straight to their room. He place Chorong on the bed and take out the kit that doctor give her and start to treat her wound. Like always when Suho treat her wound Chorong will felt shy because she have to take her shirt off. Suho smile and said “Why are feeling shy everytime I treat your wound, baby. I saw everything already so you don’t need to feel shy. If not, Haneul will not be here.”

“Shut up Suho.”

Suho chuckle. After done doing his job, he help Chorong lie down and then lie down beside Chorong and hug her. “Goodnight sweetheart. I love you.” Suho said.

“Goodnight. Love you too.”

On Kyungsoo and Namjoo side of story, Kyungsoo didn’t send her straight to house but he bring Namjoo to a simple date near the park. They sit there and talk. When they were talking, a girl said “Kyungsoo. Your Kyungsoo right?”

Both look at the girl and Kyungsoo smile disappear from his face. Namjoo realize it and said “Who is this sugar?”

Kyungsoo look at Namjoo and smile. When he was about to introduce who the girl was, the girl cut them and said “Sorry for being rude. I’m Areum. Lee Areum. Kyungsoo ex-girlfriend.”

Namjoo nod and smile. She stand up and said “Hi. I’m Namjoo. Kim Namjoo. Kyungsoo fiancée.”

When Areum heard that, her smile disappear. “Fiancée. I didn’t know you got engage Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo stand up, hug Namjoo by her waist and said “Yes. I just propose her few days ago and the engagement party is next month. Your invited.”

“Oh! Okay.” Areum quickly smile and said “Congrats to both of you. I’ll better get going now. Bye.” Areum said. Namjoo and Kyungsoo nod and shake Areum hand and then Areum walk away.

Then Kyungsoo look at Namjoo and said “What was that for?”

Namjoo look at Kyungsoo with innocent face and said “What? I didn’t do anything.”

“Yes you did. Dove, the way you were looking at her and said that you are my fiancée is like it was purposely say it.”

Namjoo smile and said “I have to. What was her intention to introduce herself as your ex-girlfriend. And I saw the way she look at me when she said that she was your ex.”

“So my lovely dove is jealous.”

“Hell yeah. Your mine and only mine. If the other girl have a death wish then they can come and disturb what’s mine. Because I’m going to kill them and take you back.”

Kyungsoo chuckle and said “Remind me not to mess up with you or flirt with other girl.”

“Don’t you dare. I’ll kill you too.”

Kyungsoo chuckle again and hug her and said “Don’t worry. You are the only one for me and I will only have my eyes and heart for you.”

Namjoo hug him back and said “You better be. Because I can’t imagine my life without you.”

Without realizing Namjoo start to tears up. She don’t know why the tears fall from her eyes but just thinking about losing Kyungsoo scared the hell out of her. She never fall deeply in love like this before. When Namjoo sob, Kyungsoo frown and pull away from the hug. When he saw Namjoo tears, he start to worry and said “What happen, dove? Why are you crying.?”

Namjoo wipe her tears and said “I don’t know. Maybe I’m just scared of losing you.”

Kyungsoo cupped her face and said “Hey, don’t worry. I don’t have planning to leave you and I will never leave you. Stop worrying, okay.” And wipe her tears with his thumb. Namjoo nod her head. Kyungsoo smile and said “Now smile for me, dove.”

Namjoo smile. “That’s my girl.”

Namjoo hug her tightly. Then they went back home. When they arrive at Namjoo’s parents mansion, Namjoo was about to open the door but stop and turn to look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow as if his asking what. Namjoo move closer and kiss Kyungsoo lips dearly and said “I love you.” once they broke the kiss.

Kyungsoo smile and said “I told you didn’t I. You were the one will kiss me first. Love you too. Now go. It’s getting late.”

“Goodnight sugar.”

“Goodnight Dove.” And peck Namjoo lips. Then Namjoo walk out and to her house.