CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Chorong wake up and switch off the alarm on her phone. She stretch her body and sit down on the bed. She look to her left and smile. Suho and Haneul both sleeping in the same pose.

“My boys.” Chorong said and ruffle Haneul’s hair and then Suho’s. She kiss Haneul forehead and then kiss Suho’s forehead and headed to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. Once she done, she walk back into the room and saw that Haneul was awake.

Chorong smile and said “Do you want to follow mommy to the market?”

Haneul smile and nod his head.

“Let’s go then. Make sure you don’t wake your daddy up.”

Haneul step out from the bed slowly and walk to Chorong. When they step out from the room, Namjoo was there watching television. Chorong was in shock and ask “Your early Namjoo? Is everything okay?”

“Yeah unnie. My eyes just open early today. Where are you going unnie?”

“To the supermarket. Do you want to come?”

“Sure. I’m bored anyway.”

After brushing his teeth, Chorong make Haneul wear his coat and bannie. When they was about to walk out, Mr. Kim walk out from Haneul room and saw Namjoo, Chorong and Haneul all ready to go out so he ask “Where are you going?”

“To the supermarket, dad.” Chorong answer.

“Can I come?” Mr. Kim ask.

“Sure. Why not.”

Then they went to the supermarket leaving Suho alone.

After a few minutes, Suho move and try to hug Haneul and Chorong but find out that the bed was empty. He open his eyes and saw that Chorong and Haneul, both was not there.

He stand up and walk to the toilet to check if Chorong is in the toilet. But she wasn’t. He walk out the room to check in the kitchen but still can’t find her. He start to freak out. He walk in Haneul room and didn’t saw her there. Namjoo and Mr. Kim wasn’t there to.

He freak out even more. “Where the hell is she? She can’t leave me again. No..no..no.”

He walk back in his room and dial Mr. Kim number but the phone rang in Haneul room. He try to dial Namjoo phone but still the same.

He call Chorong number but she didn’t pick up. Now he start to worry. “Did she really leave me again.”

Just then the door click open and Chorong walk in with Haneul. Suho look at the door and run toward them and Chorong tightly. Chorong was in shock and ask “What happen?”

“I thought you leave me again. Where did you go?” Suho said still hugging Chorong.

“Supermarket. I need to buy something.”

“Don’t ever ever ever leave without telling me again. Do you know how worry I am? I really thought you leave me again.”

When Chorog was about to say something, Mr. Kim said “What happen here? And why are you hugging Chorong so tight as if she’s going to leave you. Let go of my daughter-in-law before you kill him Suho.”

Suho and Chorong chuckle and Suho broke the hug. Then Chorong said “Your son here thought that I’ve leave him here all alone again.”

Namjoo and Mr. Kim chuckle and walk in the house leaving Suho and Chorong there, placing the things they bought on the kitchen table.

Chorong follow them and told Haneul to get ready and ask Namjoo to help him. He just nod and walk to his room. In the kitchen when she was preparing for the breakfast, Suho came and hug her from the back. Chorong jolted but quickly recover from it.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you suppose to take shower now.”

“I don’t feel like going to work today. Can I just stay home today. Just two of us. Tell your uncle In Soo that your taking off today to.”

“No I can’t do that? I took two days off and I know I have loaded with works today. Now why don’t you be a good husband and go have your shower.”

“Fine.” Suho kiss Chorong cheek and walk back in the room.

After getting every ready, Chorong close the stove and walk into her room.

Chorong walk into the room and saw Suho was in his towel around his waist and drying his hair with another towel. Chorong look at him in awe. Suho saw Chorong face and grin. He walk nearer and pull her in his arm by her waist. Chorong hands automatically place on his bare chest. Suho bend down and kiss her lips.

Chorong smile and said “Do you have anything to wear. If I’m not mistake, you don’t have anything to wear.”

“No I don’t. I told my secretary to bring my suit to the office and I’ll change there.”

Chorong nod and push Suho lightly to make her free from Suho’s hug. Then said “After getting ready, wait at the living room with Haneul. I’ll just get ready first. Then we can have breakfast. Dad and Namjoo is awake to.”

Suho smile and nod. Then Chorong walk into the bathroom to take her shower. After that she open her cabinet and chose a black floral sleeveless bodycon knee length dress. She let her hair free and add a light makeup on her face. When she was done, she walk out the room and rush to the kitchen serve the breakfast. When she was done, she call everyone eat their breakfast.

Once everyone is done, Haneul said “Mommy, can daddy send me to the school today?”

Chorong smile and nod “Sure son. Why not. But ask our daddy first.”

“Can I daddy?” Haneul look at Suho and ask.

Suho smile and nod “Sure son. Daddy love to.”

Haneul was so happy. after washing his hand, he walk into the room and take his back and wait for Suho at the living room. When everyone was done, Chorong saw Mr. Kim’s tie was not right so she stop Mr. Kim and fix his tie. Mr. Kim smile and said thank you. After Mr. Kim and Namjoo walk out the house, only Chorong, Suho and Haneul left in the house. Then Chorong got a text from Irene saying that she have arrive. After, Haneul wear his shoes. He stand up.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to send you to your office?”

Chorong smile and nod “100 percent sure. Anyway Irene have arrive. I need to get going. She kneel down and kiss Haneul cheek. “Mommy will get going now. Remember, behave okay.”

Haneul nod and kiss Chorong’s cheek. She stand up and was about to kiss on Suho’s cheek but Suho turn so her lips land on Suho. Chorong pull away and blush. Suho smirk. Then she walk to the elevator, then into Irene’s car drive straight to the office.

***

When they arrive at the office, Chorong and Irene settle everything and start working. Just then, Mr. Lee and Changsub walk out from the elevator. Changsub smile at them and said “Welcome back Chorong. How are you feeling now?”

“Much better sir. Thank you for asking.”

Changsub smile and walk into his cubical. Mr. Lee then ask Chorong to follow him to his office. Chorong nod, take her notebook and follow Mr. Lee to his room. When Mr. Lee settle down, Chorong apologize first since she didn’t came for two days. Mr. Lee smile and said it was fine. Then Chorong start to tell him what have today. When she was done, Mr. Lee thanked her. Chorong bow and walk to the door. Before she open the door, Mr. Lee told Chorong to call his wife since she was worry. Chorong nod and walk out. After calling Mrs. Lee, Chorong continue to do her work.

Chorong wanted to go to the toilet, just when she go to the toilet, Suho came out from the elevator. Suho was a bit disappointed that Chorong wasn’t at the table. Irene saw Suho and nod. Then she said that Mr. Lee is waiting in the room. Suho just thanked her and walk in Mr. Lee room. After a few minute, Chorong intercom beep. Mr. Lee told her to come in the room. After answer it, she walk into the room with her notebook. When she walk in, she was a bit shock to see Suho there since she didn’t know that Suho was coming today. She walks toward Mr. Lee desk and sit on the chair in front of Mr. Lee desk beside Suho. Mr. Lee start to say and Chorong start to write everything important. When she was still listening and writing, she felt Suho’s left hand caressing her right knee. She startle and Mr. Lee realize it.

“Are you okay Chorong?”

Chorong smile and said “Yes I’m fine sir.” And push Suho’s hand away. Suho was biting the inside of his cheek to control from laughing. Then Mr. Lee continue telling Chorong what to do and Chorong continue writing. But after a few second, his hand slowly move caressing her tight. Chorong felt really uncomfortable and try to move Suho’s hand with her free left hand but Suho’s hand keep on going back on Chorong’s tight.  When  Mr. Lee was done, Chorong immediately stand up, bow at Mr. Lee and walk fast out from the room. Mr. Lee felt wired and said “What happen to her?”

“I don’t know uncle. Maybe something happen or she wasn’t comfortable?” Suho said with his poker face while he felt like laughing out loud.

When Chorong walk out the door, she place her notebook on her table and walk to the toilet. In toilet, she wash her face and was cursing Suho.

“What the hell was he thinking? How could he do that infornt of Mr. Lee? It’s good Mr. Lee didn’t saw it. I swear I feel like killing him right now.”

After cool down, Chorong close the water and walk out the toilet. When she step out the toilet, Suho pull her arm and walk in the emergency stairs and lock it. Then he pinned to wall and kiss her lips immediately. Suho pull back because of the lack of oxygen and place his forehead on Chorong. Chorong open her eyes and meet with Suho’s eyes.

“What was that for?” Chorong ask in her whisper tone.

“I have the urge and I miss you.” Suho whisper.

Chorong smile and said “Miss me. We just met this morning before going to work and we will meet again at night.”

Suho pull his forehead from Chorong but not far enough. He play with her hair strand with his right hand while his left arm was against the wall beside Chorong’s face and said “What can I do? I miss you. We lost our moment for almost 4 years.”

Chorong bow down his head and apologize. “I’m sorry I left you.”

“Hey, I didn’t mean like that. Look at me honey.” Suho said. He felt guilty. He just say it. He didn’t have any intention to make sad or remember anything about that. Chorong didn’t look at him. Suho lift her chin to make her look at him. When he look at Chorong’s face, Chorong eyes was tearing up. Suho cupped her cheek and wipe it with his thumb.

“Hey don’t cry. I really didn’t mean like that. Now stop crying and smile. I miss your smile.”

Chorong look at Suho’s eyes and smile. Suho smile back and said “That’s my girl.” And pull her in his arm. He hug her and she wrap her hand around Suho’s waist and they stay like that for a moment.

Then Chorong broke the hug and said “We need to get back out there.”

Suho smile and nod. He kiss Chorong’s lips before telling Chorong to walk out first. After a few second he walk out.

When he walk at the place where Irene and Chorong was working, he saw Irene and Chorong talking to a guy and was laughing. Chorong didn’t realize he was there standing and listening to their conversation.

“What happen to your boss Chorong?” the guy said.

“Who are you talking about? Mr. Lee or Mr. Changsub.”

“Mr. Changsub of course. I just walk out his room. He was not in a very good mood.”

“His not my boss. His Irene’s. And I think he only have problem with you.”

“I think so. Because before I walk in his room I bumped into the accountant and he said that his mood was okay. But when I meet him, his smile just gone like that. I don’t know why.”

“I thought so. Well because you woo his girl.” Chorong said.

“Woo his girl. Who? The only I woo is Irene. Isn’t it Irene.”

“Irene is the one.” Chorong said it spontaneously.

“I’m not his girl. Okay. Stop it Chorong.” Irene protest.

Chorong just laugh sarcastically. “Ha! Yeh right. You still don’t believe it isn’t it.”

“Forget it. There is not use talking to you. You never change.” Irene said and continue with her working.

The guy who was talking to them just smile. Then he said “AH! No wonder his acting like that toward me. Tell him not to worry. I have mine. I was just playing with you. You know just to light up the mood like I use to do to Chorong. Isn’t it Chorong.”

All of them laugh. When Suho heard that. He didn’t felt easy. No one hit on my girl. Suho thought.

“So who are you guys eating lunch with today?” the guy ask.

“Not sure yet. Maybe with your favourite boss.” Chorong said.

“Shut up Chorong. Well if you are eating in cafe today, join us like always.”

“You think when Changsub hear that, he will be letting his girl eat with you.”

“No.”  He said, shock his head. Then he said “He’ll kill me first, then he will let me eat with Irene at my funeral.” And laugh. Chorong laugh to and give him a high five. Irene was just able to shook her head and laugh.

“You are right. Ding Dong Deng. Oh oppa, your my style. Good job.” Chorong said in her laugh.

Irene was laughing and pinch Chorong’s waist. Chorong jerk and shout in pain. “Irene it hurts.”

“Next time make another fun of me.” Irene said. Chorong and that guy was just able to laugh. When Suho saw how Chorong was laughing, he felt jealous.

“Chorong ah, let her have a date with his beloved boss. How about you?”

“I don’t know oppa. Where Irene go I’ll go. You know I can’t leave them alone if not it will be awkward.” Chorong said and smile.

“Your right. Anyway, I’ll get going. I still have something to settle.”

“Really. Or your scared that if Changsub walk out the room and saw you woo his girl, he’ll kill you.” Chorong said.

“Shut up Chorong. Is good your married. If not I’ll kiss you to make you shut up.” The guys said and laugh. Chorong laugh too. She use to that guys joke so she didn’t care. But Suho wasn’t. He was eyeing him from the back with very unsatisfied face. Then he continue “Well the truth is your right.” And laugh together. then he walk away.

When he walk away, Chorong saw Suho was standing there looking at her. She was shock. Did he hear everything we talk about. Did he heard that when he said he’ll kiss me if I’m not married. He’ll be very mad. I’m dead. Chorong thought.

She immediately, move her sigh from Suho and continue doing her work. She didn’t have any courage to look at Suho that time.

Then Changsub came out from their room and invites them for lunch. When he saw Suho, he invite Suho too. Suho gladly say yes.

“So where are we going to eat?”

“The cafe where you guys always buy coffee for me. I want the coffee.” Changsub said.

Both of the girls just nod their head and follow the guys.