CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

At the evening, Irene apologize to Chorong since she can’t send her back because something came up and she need to meet her family. Chorong didn’t mind and said it’s fine. After completing their work, Chorong and Irene say goodbye and went home. Chorong walk to the bas stop. She felt a man was following her but she ignore it thought maybe it was the people who want to go back from work. When she arrive at the bas stop, wait for bus stop there. When she was in the bas stop, it was pack, but she felt that the same man was watching her but she still let be thinking that it was just her feeling. When her destination arrive, she walk out from the bus and start walking to her apartment. The guy that was following her walk out from the bus to. Chorong start to panic when that man was following her. she quicken her step to her apartment. The faster she walk, the faster that guy follow.

Chorong start to pray in her heart hoping nothing will happen and was already half running and half walking. The guy follow her nonstop. Her heart start to beat fast and she start to feel so scared. When she arrive at her apartment, she saw Suho just step out from his car. Chorong run to him, hug him tightly. Suho smile and hug him back then said “You miss me already.” Then he felt her shirt wet. He frown and heard Chorong crying on his chest. Suho panic and hug her tightly as if he is saying that she’s save.

Then Suho broke the hug and ask “What happen sweetheart? Why are you crying and why are you looking so scared?”

Chorong said in her sob “Someone is following me. When I was on my way home, someone was following me but I thought it must be people who wanted to go home. But when I walk out from the bus, he follow me. I freak out and quicken my step and he did to. I’m scared. Someone is following me Suho.”

“Why did you take a bus home. Where is Irene?” Suho ask in concern and in the same time a bir mad.

“Irene had something to settle with her family so she couldn’t send me back home. That’s why.”

“Then why didn’t you call me, honey.”

“I thought you must be busy or you already went back home. I didn’t want to trouble you.”

Suho sigh and said firmly “Sweetheart, listen. I don’t care if I’m busy or not. Even if I’m in a meeting call me tell me to pick you up if Irene can’t send you. It’s too dangerous for you to walk alone. Especially when mom and Hyo Rim know that we are back together.”

Chorong hug him back tightly and apologize “I’m sorry. I know I should call you. I’m so sorry.”

Suho hug her and said “Don’t say sorry. But don’t repeat this again. You make me so worry.”

Chorong and Suho broke the hug. “Now I want my wife to smile.” Chorong look at Suho and smile.

“That’s my girl. Now shall we go in.” Chorong just nod her head. Then they walk into the apartment hand in hand.

On the other side, the man who follow Chorong call someone and said “Ma’am, I already know where she live and yes Mr. Jun Myeon is with her.”

“Okay. Good. Now just wait for my order. Don’t do anything yet.”

“Yes ma’am. Sure.” Then he hang up and walk away.

In the lift, Chorong saw Suho was carrying a hand luggage so she ask “What’s inside there?” pointing to the bag.

Suho look at the bag and said “It my clothes. Since you don’t want to move back to our house, I’ll bring my clothes here.”

Chorong just smile and let it be. The truth is she felt guilty. She know she was the one who need to move back to their house but she’s just not ready yet. Suho saw her face and said “I know what’s going on your smart mind there and don’t even dare to think like that. I’ll wait until you’re ready to move back. So stop feeling guilty.”

Chorong look at Suho and smile. Then they walk out the elevator and stop in front of Chorong’s house. She open it and they walk in. Chorong told Suho to take shower first. Suho nod his head. Before disappears in the room, Suho look at Chorong and said “Baby, don’t cook today. Let’s go for a date.”

Chorong just smile and nod her head. She settle herself on the couch and lean again it and close her eyes. Without realizing, she felt asleep because she was really tired today. After shower and change, Suho walk out from the room and saw Chorong was sitting and sleeping on the couch. He smile and walk near her and sit beside her just to look at the face he miss so much. He play with Chorong strand hair and let her sleep. He move closer and kiss her lips. Chorong felt someone kissing her lips so she open her eyes and saw Suho. Suho pull back and smile at her. Chorong smile back.

“You’re ready. Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You were asleep and I didn’t wanted to disturb you in the first place. But your lips is so irresistible. Anyway I have my own way to wake you up.”

Chorong just smile and let out a soft laugh. Then Suho said “Come on now. Go and take a shower and we’ll go for dinner.”

“Okay. Is there any specific dress I need to wear.”

Suho shook his head and said “No. Just wear anything your comfortable with.”

“Okay.” Chorong answer, stand up and walk to the room.

After the shower, she walk to the closet and chose a black turtleneck sweater and a blue skinny jeans. She tie her hair into a loose french braid and apply a small amount of makeup like she always do. When she was ready, she walk out the room.

Suho who was watching the television, look at her and smile. He stand up and walk toward Chorong, slid his right hand around Chorong waist and pull her closer. Chorong startle and didn’t even move by the Suho’s act. Suho move her face closer to her ear and whisper.

“Who are you trying to woo baby. Because you are looking so y in your sweater and jeans.” And then look at her.

She blush and thank Suho. She look at Suho and said that he look good to. Suho was wearing black jeans, black Nike t-shirt and grey casual jacket blazer.

“Shall we go now. I’m hungry.” Chorong said when Suho was keep on looking at her.

Suho smile, nod and say “Yes we shall.” Chorong take her handbag, then they went to the main door, Chorong wear her sneakers and Suho his favourite, all black sneakers. Then they walk out of the house holding hands.

Like always, Suho being gentleman, he open the door for Chorong. Chorong thanked him and get inside the car. Suho close the door and walk to his side and slid in. He start the car and drive off. For the whole ride, Suho intertwined his hand with Chorong’s. He didn’t want to let her go as if Chorong will leave her again. Chorong just let him be and look out the window while listening to the songs that was on the radio.

When they arrive, Suho open the door for Chorong and then she start to walk to the restaurant without waiting for Suho. Suho close the door and pull her hand. Chorong turn around and look at Suho.

“Don’t ever walk without holding my hand and always wait for me. I’m not letting you go now.” Suho said.

Chorong just smile and let him be. They walk in the restaurant holding hand. The waiter show them their place. It was at the corner of the restaurant and beside the window and they order what they want.

After that, Chorong look out the window. Suho saw Chorong worry face. So he ask, holding Chorong’s hand that was on the table and rub her knuckle.

“Hey, honey. What the matter. Is something troubling you.”

Chorong look at Suho and ask “Suho, is everything going to be okay now?”

“Hey, why are you asking that. Everything’s gonna be okay. Stop worrying. What happen that make you think like that?”

“I don’t know. The thought of people following me this morning make me worry. I don’t mind if he follow me and harm me. But what if he harm you and Haneul.”

“Chorong, nothing’s going to happen to you, me and our son. I promise you that I will protect my family didn’t I.”

“I don’t know Suho. I’m still scared. Everything happen so fast.” Chorong said in her worry tone.

“Angel I told you to stop worrying didn’t I. Nothing’s going to happen. I don’t like it when you are worrying. Forget about it and let’s just have a nice dinner okay. Now smile for me please.”

Chorong look at Suho and smile. But the smile didn’t reach her eyes. Suho know it and said “I want your real smile angel. The smile that melts my heart. Not the smile you just give me. I told you not to worry about it isn’t it.”

Chorong smile at him and said “You know me so well.”

“Of course. I’m your husband.”

“I love you Mr. Kim Jun Myeon. Thank you for forgiving me.”

“I love you too Mrs. Kim Chorong. Don’t thank me. I will chase you and make you mine even you leave me 100 times. And forget about past. Let’s start our new chapter.”

Chorong nod her head and this time she give Suho a real smile. Just then, the food arrive and they start to eat while chatting. Most of the time Suho ask about his son and Chorong answer happily.

After the dinner, they went back home and was surprise that Mr. Kim, Namjoo and Haneul still not home yet. She take her phone from her handbag and dial Namjoo number. Just after two beep, Namjoo pick up.

“Yes unnie. What is it?”

“Where are you guys. It’s going to be 9.30 soon. Haneul need to sleep.” Chorong ask in her worry tone.

“Don’t worry unnie. His fine and having fun with dad and Kyungsoo. We will be back soon. We are on our way to eat ice cream. Don’t worry unnie. Just spend some time with oppa. You guys miss each other so much and make up for the time you guys miss.”

“Okay. Make sure every one of you are fine. And tell Haneul to behave and don’t tired dad so much. And stop spoiling my son.”

“Okay unnie. Now stop it. I’m hanging up. Bye.” And they hang up. She walk into the room and got change to her PJ. When she walk out the room, she saw Suho was sitting at the dining table doing some work on his laptop. Chorong walk to the kitchen and ask while tie her hair up into a bun “Do you want coffee Suho?”

Suho look at Chorong and said “I love to. Thank you.” and continue doing his work. When Chorong was done with the coffee, she give Suho his coffee and sit beside him. Chorong was just looking at Suho. Suho feel that Chorong was looking at him and look at Chorong and their eyes meet.

“Checking me out huh?” and look back at his laptop.

“What can I do. My man look the best went he wears his glasses.”

Suho look at her again and said “Are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Kim.”

“I don’t know. It’s up to if you want to think like that.” And sipped on her coffee. Suho just smile. When he was done with his work, he finish his remind coffee. Chorong take the cup and went to the sink to wash hers and Suho’s cup. Just after Suho place his laptop in the bag, he look at Chorong and walk to her and back hug her. Chorong jerk out a bit then she calm herself down since she know who it was. Suho nuzzle her nose on Chorong neck and kiss her neck and shoulder. Chorong felt butterfly flying in her stomach and her knee was getting weak. Just then, Chorong phone ring. Suho stop and sigh.

“Every single time, there will be something disturbing us.”

Chorong turn around and smile. Suho smile back and said “Go on and pick up the phone.”

After answering the phone, Suho ask “Who was it?”

“Irene. She apologize because she can’t come and pick me up because she won’t be coming to work. She still need to settle some problem with her family.”

“So then, I’ll send you tomorrow.” Chorong just nod her head.

Then Suho walk near Chorong and said “Can we continue what we left behind.”

Chorong widen her eyes and move backward for each step Suho take. When Suho was near, Chorong phone beep again. Suho got so damn annoyed and laugh in his annoyed tone “Ha! Really?” and sit on the chair at the dining table.

Chorong just laugh and read the text and smile. then she replay the text. Suho saw the smile and ask “Who is it and why are you smiling like that.”

“It’s Changsub asking about why Irene taking off tomorrow. His worry and love the girl but not telling her. I don’t understand this friends of mine.”

Suho just laugh. Then another text came in, Chorong read it, laugh and the ignore it.

“What happen? Why are you laughing?”

“Changsub still saying that he didn’t want his confession effect Irene work just like what happen to me when Leo confess to me when we were in secondary school.”

“What? That guy confess to you before.”

Chorong just realize what she said and bite her tongue. Suho walk near Chorong and said “I’m telling you honey, I don’t like this guy since the first time I saw him. Stay away from him. And the pickup lines she use at you. I hate it.”

Chorong just smile and say “There’s nothing between us. Even after he confess me at the school. We are just friend. And the pickup line, it was just for fun. Come on Suho stop being jealous.”

“Still I don’t like it. I saw how he look at you.”

“It’s just your instinct. Stop worrying Suho.”

“Still. Hey even I know few pick up line. I even know how to use pick up line and I believe you will like it and you’ll shock to hear it.” Suho said to Chorong.

Chorong raised her eyebrows and said “Really? Let me hear it then.”

Suho walk near to Chorong and said “I'm good at math. Do you know that.”

“No I don’t. So?”

Suho walk more closer and wrap her waist with his arm and pull closer. Then he whisper near Chorong ear. “Let's add a bed, subtract our clothes, divide your legs, and multiply!”

When Chorong hear that, she was shock. Suho look at Chorong and saw her shock face and grin. “I told you that you will be shock.”

Chorong laugh awkwardly and try to push Suho away but Suho didn’t let her go. She know what does Suho mean by that.

“No we are not going to do any mathematics here and I hate math.”

“I don’t care. I like it. Especially this part.”

Chorong try to push Suho away and said “No. Dad and Namjoo will be back in any time and my room is not sound proof.”

“I don’t care.”Suho said it and pick her up bridal style. Chorong half shout when Suho pick her up. Suho walk in the room, close it with his leg and lock it. Then he place Chorong on the bed and said “Let’s continue what we left earlier.” And kiss her lips, cheek, neck and her weak point, under her ear. Just like Suho promise, add a bed, subtract our clothes, divide your legs, and multiply.

After the passionate making love session, both of them felt asleep in each other arm. Namjoo, Mr. Kim and Haneul came back home a bit late and thought that Suho and Chorong already sleeping so they didn’t bother to disturb them. Mr. Kim place sleeping Haneul on the bed slowly not to wake him up and walk out joining Namjoo. He sit beside Namjoo and ask “I’m happy now princess.”

Namjoo look at her dad and ask “What do you mean by that?”

“My son is happy, since he got his lover of his life back. You found the one that you truly love and love you all his heart. My kids are happy.”

“But mom?”

“I don’t know. It’s hard for me to forgive her. Whatever she did to Chorong is unforgivable.”

“But she is still you wife dad. Our mom.”

“I’ll think about it princess. Don’t worry. I won’t leave your mom. I still love her. I just want to teach her a lesson.”

Namjoo just smile. then Mr. Kim ask “ I already have a daughter-in-law. When will I have a son-in-law.”

When Mr. Kim said that Namjoo blush. Then she said “I don’t know yet dad. It’s still new for me even it have been two years. We barely meet because the conflict happen between our family. Let’s just wait until me or him is ready.”

Mr. Kim smile and said “I understand. But one thing I’m really sure. Kyungsoo really love you. I just want you to be happy princess. I don’t care if that guy is not rich. As long as you guys are happy with each other.”

Namjoo smile and said “Thank you dad. But the guy I like is filthy rich. How?”

Mr. Kim laugh and just hug her daughter from side. Then he walk in Haneul room to sleep. Namjoo was still sitting on the couch. Then someone text her.

KYUNGSOO TO NAMJOO

I had a great time dove. It’s good to know that your dad like me. see you tomorrow. I love you my sweet dove.

Namjoo smile when she read it. Then she replay.

NAMJOO TO KYUNGSOO

I’m happy too sugar. I love you too. Good nite.

Then she walk in the room to sleep.