CHAPTER FORTY ONE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The next morning, Chorong wake up by the small of Suho’s scent. She open her eyes and saw Suho was looking at her.

“Good morning beautiful.”

“Good morning handsome.”

“So what’s your plan for today?” Suho ask.

“I’m going out with Namjoo. It was last minute plan. Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier.”

“It’s fine. Namjoo told me last night. I can just stay home with dad and take care of Haneul.”

“Thank you.” Chorong said and peck his lips. Then she ask “What time is it?”

“It’s 6 in the morning. It’s still early. Why don’t you go back to sleep.”

Chorong stretch her body and said “I’m fully awake. Why don’t you go back to sleep. You look tired.”

“I’m fine. I’m fully awake to. Then why don’t we just stay like this for awhile.”

“I love too. But I still need to cook for breakfast.”

“But it’s still early. It’s just 6 o’clock. Let’s just stay like this for a while. I promise. Sharp at 7, I’ll let you go.”

“Are you sure? You promise.”

“100% sure. I promise.”

Chorong smile and then snuggled closer and wrap her arm around his torso. They just stay like that and talk about simple thing.

Sharp at 7 o’clock, Chorong stand up and walk to the bathroom to do what she always do. When she was done, she wrapped her body with white fluffy towel and walk out the from the bathroom. Suho move his face from his phone to Chorong and grin. Chorong saw Suho’s face and said “I know that face Kim Jun Myeon. Whatever your thinking, forget about it. Because it’s not gonna happen.”

Suho just laugh. Then she walk into the walk in closet. After getting change, she walk straight out to the room and into the kitchen.

***

In evening, Chorong and Namjoo went for shopping leaving Suho, Mr. Kim and Haneul at home. Sharp at two in the evening, Suho’s PI came. Mr. Kim saw him and ask Suho.

“What is he doing here Suho? Is there a problem.”

“I’ll tell you later dad. Let me just discuss with him first.”

“Okay then. But make sure you tell me.”

“I will. Please watch Haneul for me.”

“Sure. Why not. I’ve been doing it from this morning.”

“Thanks dad. Shall we go into my office now.” Suho said to the PI.

After talking and discussing about Chorong and the matter, the PI say bye and walk back out. Suho sit beside Haneul who was into watching his favourite cartoon. Then Mr. Kim ask “What was that about?”

“It’s Chorong. Someone is blackmailing her to leave me or not she’ll kill her and Haneul.” Suho said in slow tone so that Haneul won’t listen.

“WHAT!” Mr. Kim shout.

“Dad, slow down. Haneul is here.”

“Sorry. But who is it. And why is she doing it.”

“I don’t know. By reading the text, she’s obsess with me.”

“No wonder she always look worry and always in her thought.”

“Yes. I didn’t know about this until this morning when she text Chorong in 2 in the morning.”

“God! She’s in danger and she didn’t even tell us. Why?”

“That girl said that if she tell anyone about this, she’ll take Haneul from her. that’s why.”

“Poor Chorong. She just want to be happy and trouble keep on coming to her.”

“I know dad. Even I’m worry. I hope everything will be fine.”

“I hope that to son.”

Then Haneul cut them off. “Daddy, can I have more ice cream?”

“Yes you can son. Come let’s go. Daddy will take for you more ice cream.”

A few minutes later, someone come to their penthouse, Suho walk to the camera monitor and saw Kyungsoo and open the door for him.

“Hey Kyungsoo. Nice to see you here. What are you doing here? Namjoo is not here.”

“I know that’s why. I want to me you and Mr. Kim.”

“Come in. Dad is at the living room with Haneul.”

They walk into the living room and Kyungsoo greet Mr. Kim.

“Hello uncle Kyungsoo. What are you doing here? Aunty Sunshine and mommy is not here.”

“I know little boy. I’m here to see your grandpa and daddy.”

“Ow okay.” Haneul said and continue watching his cartoon.

Then Kyungsoo sit on the one-person couch and Suho sit with his dad and Haneul in the middle.

“So what is it Kyungsoo. Why do you want to see us?”

“Well I need to ask both of you something important.” Kyungsoo said in his worry face. Suho saw it and said to Haneul “Hey prince, why don’t you go upstairs and play in your room. Your uncle Kyungsoo and me have something important to talk about.”

Haneul nod his head and step down from the three-sited couch and run to the stairs.

“Be careful son.” Suho tell Haneul.

When Haneul was out from their sight, Suho ask “So what is it you want to tell us.”

Kyungsoo take a deep breath and let it go. Then he take something out from his blazer and said “I want to ask your daughter to marry me Mr. Kim.” Kyungsoo blurted out. “I need both of your approval because Namjoo said that if her dad and oppa approve it, she’ll say yes.”

“Do Namjoo know you’re going to propose her?” Mr. Kim ask.

“No sir. I come and meet you first. She didn’t even know I’m here today.”

“Kyungsoo, sorry, but I don’t agree.”

Kyungsoo look at Suho and ask “Why hyung. You say you approve our relationship. What can I do to make you say yes hyung. I’ll do anything to make you say yes. I love Namjoo so much and I promise I will take care of her with all my heart. I won’t hurt her hyung, sir. I promise. I won’t let any tears come out from her eyes except happy tears.”

Suho bite her cheek trying not to laugh and try to apply serious face.

“I just approve your relationship but didn’t agree to let you marry my little princess. Anyway, I already choose someone for her.”

When Kyungsoo heard that, he panic. He kneel down and said “Hyung please. I love her so much. Let me marry her. don’t let her marry someone else. I’ll do anything to have your approval. If you tell me to bow at your leg I’ll do it if that what’s make you say yes but please don’t marry her with someone else.”

Suho cover his mouth with his hand because he could not stop laughing. Mr. Kim saw it and said “Stop it Suho. Poor him.” Mr. Kim hit Suho shoulder and look at Kyungsoo and said “Stand up Kyungsoo and sit down properly. Suho was just playing with you.”

Then Suho let out a loud laugh. Kyungsoo look at Suho and was annoyed but really relieve. Then Suho said “Sorry man. I was just playing with you. at least I can see how deeply in love you are with my sister.”

Kyungsoo just let out a soft laugh. Then Mr. Kim ask “So when do you plan to ask her about this.”

“If you approve sir, I’ll ask her tomorrow.”

“We approve Kyungsoo. We are happy that you are going to join the family soon. We are happy for your son.”

“Thank you sir. Thank you so much. I promise I won’t hurt your daughter sir.”

“Call me dad. You are going to be family.”

“Sure. Thank you very much.”

“You promise to make her happy Kyungsoo. If I heard my little sister cry because of you and it was not a happy tears, I’ll kill you. I don’t even care if your my best friend.”

“I won’t hyung. I promise.”

“Did you ask your mom and dad about this Kyungsoo?” Mr. Kim ask in serious tone.

“I did sir and they are happy for me. Mom really like the idea. She love Namjoo so much.”

“Then it’s fine. And I told you to call dad didn’t I.”

“Sorry dad.”

“It’s okay. Plan your date after propose her. The earlier the better.”

“I will dad.”

Suho stand up and Kyungsoo follow. He walk to Kyungsoo and hug him “Welcome to the family Kyungsoo. At least my plan work.”

They broke the hug and then Kyungsoo said “Your plan?”

“Yes. I wanted my friend to be happy and able to forget about your ex. That’s why I was hoping for you to come to my wedding so you can meet Namjoo. I know you will like her and Namjoo will like you because I remember you say how your dream girl and is similar to my sister and Namjoo dream guy is similar to you. When you came to my wedding I was happy and more happy when I saw the way you look at Namjoo that night. It was full of affection. And when you ask for her to dance, I let you happily didn’t I. Well god make it easy for me. God approve my plan and help me in it and I didn’t have to do anything.”

Kyungsoo smile and said “Thank you hyung.”

“Don’t thank me. Thank God. If you didn’t have the sudden urge to come back, you won’t meet Namjoo and maybe she’s with someone else now.”

Kyungsoo smile and nod his head. Then he ask permission to go back home. But before he walk out, Mr. Kim stop him and said “Kyungsoo, please go and meet her mother and tell her that you want to marry her. Whatever she did, she is still Namjoo mother.”

“Sure sir. Sorry dad. I was planning anyway.”

Mr. Kim smile and nod. He tap Kyungsoo back and he walk out the house.

***

That night in the room, when Suho walk in the room, he saw Chorong was sitting on the bed, reading book while caressing Haneul’s hair who have fallen asleep. Chorong look at Suho and smile and continue reading her book. Then Suho walk near her and said “I’ll send him to his room first.”

Chorong smile and nod her head. Suho pick Haneul up and sent him to his room. When his done, he walk back in the room. He walk straight to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. Then walk back to the bedroom and sit down on the bed his back lean on the headboard and look at Chorong. Chorong close her book and look at Suho.

“What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?” Chorong ask.

“Like what?” Suho ask.

“Like there is something you want to tell me. what is it? Come on tell me.”

Suho let out a long sigh and sit down facing Chorong and ask Chorong to face him. So Chorong did. Then he take both of Chorong hand and cover with his. Chorong saw the worry in Suho’s face and eyes and said “What happen sweetheart? You look worry.”

“I am angel. Why didn’t you tell me?”

Chorong frown and ask “Tell you about what?”

“About someone is blackmailing and scaring the hell out of you. The reasons why you’ve been so deep in thought and worry.”

Chorong look at Suho in shock and ask “H..How did you know about this?”

“I’m sorry in advance but I read it on your phone. Someone text you in the middle of night and I look at it. I wanted to know who is disturbing you late at night so I go through your phone and saw an unknown number and what she wrote to you. So I open it and saw all the blackmailing text that she send to you. Why didn’t you tell me baby? Did you plan to leave me for the second time?”

“You went through my phone.”

“Yes I did and I’m sorry for that honey. I know I did a mistake. But if I didn’t, I won’t know about this and the next thing I know you’ll leave me again. And this time, if you leave me, I’ll die Chorong.”

Tears start to fall from Chorong’s eyes. “Don’t say that. I won’t leave you. I have my own reasons why I didn’t tell you.”

“What’s the reasons? Tell me dear.”

“She call me once and said that she will kidnap Haneul and kill him if you know about this. She’ll do anything to make you hers. I didn’t know what I should do. I don’t want to leave you anymore and I don’t want Haneul to get kidnap. If I tell you, you’ll do something and if she knows, she’ll take Haneul for me. From us Suho and I don’t want that to happen. I thought about telling you when I was really ready and without her knowing it.”

“What do you mean by without she know about it?” Suho ask and frown.

“Every text that she send me is like she’s watching me. She knows everything about what I’m doing and who I’m with. That’s the other reasons why I wanted to move back here because no one know and can enter here without your permission. I’m sorry for being selfish.”

Suho pull her in his arm and hug her. He caresses Chorong’s back up and down and said “Don’t apologize. You wasn’t being selfish. You did a good job by moving out from there. You wanted to protect our son and yourself. If I know about this earlier, I’ll make you move out earlier.”

Chorong hug him back and said while crying “Suho I’m scared. I’m really am. I don’t know what I should. I don’t want to leave you because I know I won’t able to live without you anymore but I don’t to lose my son to. What should I do?”

“Hush baby. Don’t cry. Everything will be fine. I promise you that. I send all the text and number to my PI. He’ll take care of it.”

Chorong broke the hug and said “No. You can’t do that. What if she know about this Suho. She’ll take Haneul from us.” She freak out.

Suho hug her tightly and cool her down and said “Shhh Chorong. No she won’t. Don’t worry. Haneul will stay with me and follow me to work. He won’t be going to school. I’ll find a teacher for him until this case is settle okay. When everything is settle, we’ll send her back to the school. I promise I will always be with him even if I have meeting.”

“What if Haneul make a trouble when you are attending the meeting?”

“I don’t care but I will take care of him by myself. I won’t let him out of my sight.”

“Don’t scold him if he make problem.”

“I won’t baby. Believe me. I won’t scold him. Did you ever saw me scolding him. Never isn’t it. Anyway, he is a good boy. He won’t create any trouble.”

“Well I know that. Your spoiling him. I heard you give him ice cream more than once today when I told you not to.”

Suho bite his tongue and said “Sorry. My son wants something and I don’t give him. It’s possible.”

“Stop spoiling him Suho. Let him cry if he don’t get it. And he show any tantrums just let him be or scold him. Like I always do.”

“Oh! Few minutes ago, you say, don’t scold him and what am I listening right now. My wife is scolding my son. She need a punishment. No one can scold my son.”

“Really. His my son too Jun Myeon.” and give him an annoying face. then she laugh.

Suho smile and said “That’s it. Laugh and smile sweetheart. Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.”

Chorong look at Suho and smile. then Suho said “Well you still need a punishment for scolding my son.”

“No Suho no. Don’t even think about it. Suho no. Suhoooooo...” Chorong shout when Suho push her until she lie down and Suho was on top of her.

Suho grin and kiss her lips deeply. They broke the kiss because the needed of oxygen. Suho smile and caresses her cheek with his knuckle.

“I love you Mr. Kim Chorong. Let’s go to sleep.” Suho kiss her lips and move from Chorong’s top and lie down beside her. then Chorong said “I love you to Mr. Kim Jun Myeon.” And they fall asleep hugging each other.