VI

To Be With You {Hoshi Fanfic}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Six 

 

I swear to god, I don't know how this happened.

 

~~~Three Hours and Thirty Minutes Earlier~~

Just as Soonyoung dropped me off my classroom, he said, 

"Hey, eat lunch with us later." And off he went. I didn't even give him a reply.

 

~~Thirty Minutes Later~~

I entered the noisy cafeteria, carrying my lunchbox. This place is jam-packed like, I didn't even know the whole school body would be this much. It was hard to find Soonyoung and the rest. I didn't even see Seokmin nor Mingyu get out the classroom. Either they were really fast or they ditched class and hung out at their secret place. I couldn't even see any of the other boys. Uh-huh. Guess I'm going on a hunt then... Or I could just sit with somebody. I, at least, have to make friends, right?

I looked around and identified different groups. You could obviously see borderlines within squads/groups/cliques/whatever you call it. I saw the girls who were talking about boys the other day, uh, maybe not. There were the jocks, obviously. The people who don't eat but sit anyway. There was this group of kids who looked cool until one of them actually put a potato fry into their nostril. Ooookay,... what's next? But there was this one girl who sat alone. I remembered her face and realized she was from my class.

"Hey, Shin-ah.", I greeted her, slipping into the seat in front of her.

"It's Seung-ah, but hi.", she replied.

"Sorry. That was far from your actual name." Jeez, the people I really remember are Seokmin and Mingyu, no kidding.

There was awkward silence between the two of us. She continued eating her lunch and I just awkwardly watched her. Haha, I don't know why myself. She caught me staring.

"Uh, aren't you gonna eat?", she asked.

"Uh, yes, I am.", I opened my lunchbox and it revealed mom's cooking. Gimbap and bulgogi. Well, they're simple but I love it. Oh, the glory of a mother's cooking!~

"You want?", I offered Seung-ah.

She shook her head." I'm fine with this."

She was done eating but I wasn't. Then she asked me. "Why are you sitting with me?"

I swallowed my food. "Is there anything wrong?"

"No, it's just unusual."

"Why? I used to eat alone all the time. Trust me, being alone is the worst." Says the anti-social awkward girl.

"Why did you? I mean,  why were you alone?"

"I was a misfit before. Well, not really, more like I didn't like anybody."

"Same goes with me. I don't like anyone here." Oh my god, gurl. We might actually become friends when we hate on other people.

"So would you hate me?", I asked.

"I don't know.", she answered. "I just talked to you now."

"Wanna be friends?"

"Let's try." Then we shook hands. And that's how I made my first girl friend after a very long time ago.

 

She then talked to me about rumors going around in school. Like how someone got recently suspended because they got caught beating up each other. Or how someone got pregnant and have been absent ever since. Or like how people are desperate to hook up with someone just so they could be cool or popular, which isn't a great idea, and, why (ಠ_ಠ)?

I excused myself from Seung-ah when I learned the cafeteria was selling cake. I took out my pocket money and checked how much I have. I wasn't looking at where I was going so I didn't noticed I bumped into someone. 

"I'm sorry.", I apologized.

She gasped. "Oh my god, you did not just-" She didn't even finished speaking. She actually spilled some juice on herself when I bumped into her. 

"Oh God, I'm so sorry." I brought out my handkerchief and handed it to her. "Use this."

She ignored my offer. "Are you blind? Did you not see me walking in front of you?"

"I'm sorry.", I apologized again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter