III

To Be With You {Hoshi Fanfic}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Three 

 

"Please introduce yourself.", the teacher said.

"My name is Kwon Miyoung. Pleased to meet you.", I said. 

Mom told me to introduce myself as Kwon Miyoung now because it would be easier than having to change it later. I don't really understand that.

"You can sit beside Mingyu over there. The one  by the window.", the teacher told me.

Just then a boy with a handsome face waved at me and pointed at the seat beside him. I went over to him and took my seat.

"Hello,", he greeted. "I'm Mingyu. Kim Mingyu."

"Kwon Miyoung.", I said to him.

"I know. You just said it a while ago." I just smiled at him, awkwardly.

"Alright, class, please bring out your Civics textbooks.", the teacher said.

I searched through my bag and realized they hadn't given me that book yet. I just sat there quietly and listened to whatever the teacher was saying.

"We'll all read pages 236 to 239. We'll start from the back. Kiwoo?", the teacher said.

So it went on, until the teacher called Mingyu. Mingyu started reading. When the teacher told him to stop, the teacher called on to me. Flustered, I looked at Mingyu and quietly told him, "I don't have a book." He gave his book to me and pointed at where he stopped. I started reading.  After I was done reading, the bell rang. It's time for the next class.

"Thanks for lending it to me.", I said as I handed Mingyu his book back.

He smiled at me. "No problem." I smiled back in response. "Wah, you're actually pretty.", he said.

Then I remembered what Soonyoung had told me last night. That's because you're so pretty. Pretty ugly. I then became so annoyed. 

"I'm complimenting you but you're frowning?", Mingyu said, taking me back o the present.

"Huh? It's not like that. I just remembered something.", I told him.

"Well, if it's someone saying you're ugly, then that was a bad joke."

"It really is a bad joke. Me? Ugly? Ha, as if."

He laughed. "I'm not saying you're ugly but don't get too confident with your looks."

"I'm not, it's just some silly thing someone said."

He nodded. "Well, if you're not too confident, I am. I mean, just look at me. I'm pretty much the most handsome guy here."

Someone threw a crumpled paper at him. "Don't even try to kid around her." That person came by and introduced himself as Seokmin.

"You'll probably be the one who'll put jokes on her the most.", Mingyu told him. "This guy really love to joke, you see."

Seokmin just laughed. "From now on, you better watch out.", he said.

"Oh, by the way, we're going to meet up at Hoshi's place after school, right?", he asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter