XLIV

To Be With You {Hoshi Fanfic}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Forty-Four

 

Alas, the awaited night has come. I fixed my dress as I wait right by the door for my date to come down. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around as I am the lady here. But, yeah, I was waiting.

When he finally showed up in his tux, he walked towards me and hooked his arm with mine. "Shall we?", he asked, smiling.

I nodded. "Let's go."

 

It was thirty minutes into the whole program, I'm already bored. The program was set in the school gym. People are just lounging around and talking to their peers. I don't really know anyone here since I'm still a junior. I stayed by the fruit punch, the only thing available at the moment since we're still not allowed to eat food. 

I sighed as I poured in another cup of the punch. "Oh, Miyoung, nice seeing you here." I look towards the person who said my name. 

"Yerim?" Of all people I'm looking for, she's the last one on my list right now. "Why are you here?", I asked.

She smiled before answering, "I was invited by a sunbae. I guess, the same goes with you."

"Oh, I'm just accompanying my brother."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh... okay. Can you pour me some punch?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." I poured her a drink and handed it to her. 

We awkwardly stood by each other there. We're not close, obviously. Ever since I saw her kiss Mingyu, I noted to myself I won't come close or even speak to her.

"So, anyone you like?", she suddenly asked.

I choked on my drink. "Sorry?"

"Oh, so you do~"

I cleared my throat. "Um, no. I was rather surprised you asked randomly."

She sighed and rolled her eye. "Come on, Miyoung. Answer the question. You choked on your drink, who is it?"

I awkwardly chuckled. "I swear, there's no one."

She gave me a look of disbelief. "Oh, fine, whatever. I'll be leaving you with your punch now. Goodbye." I breathed out a sigh of relief when she finally left.

 

I looked for Soonyoung in the room. I was getting bored and I wanna go home since I'm not really doing anything here. So much for the looking for the perfect get-up... 

I finally found him so I tapped on his shoulder. "Hey, do you have to stay here until the end? I wanna go home.", I complained.

"Uh, no. We can go home now." He said goodbye to the people he was just talking to then the two of us exited the gym. "Wanna walk around school for a bit?", he asked.

"Sure."

We walked around the halls. Neither of us talked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter