XVIII

To Be With You {Hoshi Fanfic}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Eighteen

 

It was another lazy weekend. God knows where the parents are. Heck, they really are never home. I wanna get my lazy of my bed but I have no energy to. I'm bored again. Should I call Vernon? Mingyu~?

 

Or should I disturb my brother?

 

Sneakily, I walked over to his room. He comes to mine uninvited so I'll do that too. Hehehe...

His door flew open but there was no sign of the person I'm looking for. I went down to the living room but there isn't anybody there either. I saw the lights were on in Dad's office so I went there.

"Hey.", I greeted when I got inside.

"Hey.", he greeted back, not looking at me, but at the papers he's working on. 

His hands were working fast, flying from papers to the computer. I've never seen Soonyoung so serious in something other than dancing.

"What's all this?" I grabbed a random paper but he snatched it from me.

"Don't take it out randomly.", he said. "It might get out of order and I might forget about it."

 He placed it back. So I just looked at the computer. It was full of things about business and management that I could never understand. 

"How do you understand any of this?", I asked him. I'm already frustrated just by looking at it.

"Dad lets me do some of his work since I was fourteen.", he answered. "I just came to learn more about this and that through the years."

"Damn, and here I thought you couldn't translate English to Korean."

He stopped translating and looked at me with a smirk on his face. "I've exceeded your expectations.", he said, proudly.

"Whatever. How long have you been doing this?"

"I don't know. Dad handed it to me before leaving."

But Dad left in the morning after breakfast... it's already three in the afternoon. Wait, did we even eat lunch??

"Did we eat lunch?", I asked.

"I don't know 'bout you. But I didn't.", he answered.

"Jesus, then I didn't either. Wanna have a break on that and eat something?"

"No thanks. I'm not hungry."

I frowned. His eyes were glued to the computer. He's probably been staring at it for hours, wait, he's been staring at it for hours. 

I walked to the socket. "Take a break or I'll give you a break." I'm already crouching down and have my hand on the plug.

His small eyes impossibly widened. "Are you stupid?! All of this will go unsaved."

I started counting. "One... Two..."

He stood abruptly. "Okay, okay. I'll stop for a while." He then muttered something.

I glared at him. "Are you badmouthing me?" 

He scrunched his nose and smiled at me. "Aniyo~"

 

He followed me to the convenience store where we had ice cream the other night. I bought triangle kimbap for me and he bought ramyeon for him. He was slurping the noodles noisily. Wah... he must be really hungry...

"Ah! I'm so hungry!", he said really loudly, after swallowing all of those noodles. Thank me for bringing you out here...

"Thanks for taking me out. Man, I should've taken a break long ago.", he then said. Here we go again with the mind reading.... just how? 

"By the way,", I spoke. "When we get home, are you going back to work?"

"No.", he an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter