XLVII

To Be With You {Hoshi Fanfic}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Forty-Seven

(Miyoung's Point of View)

 

I ran off to the hangout place, my place of escape. I slammed the door behind me. I slid down to the floor and sobbed. How did people find out? What will happen to me? What will happen to us? I felt so heartbroken thinking of the possibilities that will to Soonyoung and I. The negative possibilities. I couldn't think of anything but that.

"Miyoung?" Someone knocked on the door. "It's me. Can you open the door?"

Of course, it's him. And of course, he'd know where I am. But I don't think I can face him, not now. Even if I want to. "No, I can't.", I timidly said. So, we talked through the door.

"Okay, you don't have to. Um," Even if I can't see him, I know he's pacing back and forth. "Are you okay?"

I scoffed. "I'm in the best condition. Of course, I'm not."

"Well, I could already guess that." He paused for a second. "How were things on your side?"

I sighed. "Well, someone accused me of what really happened. I had to deny it since it is our secret. Everyone else gave me stares, scary ones."

I heard him sigh as well. "It's pretty much the same for me."

"Would this-- is this how we... break up?", I said the latter quietly. I hope not. I didn't even want to ask it.

"I hope not.", he answered. "Seriously, this ."

"No ."

He sighed again. "I hope the rumors only go around students. It would be hell for us if the adults find out."

"How did people find out anyway?"

"They have a video of it. They have proof."

I cursed myself. "Who could possibly--" I cursed myself again. Of course, it would be her. She's the only one who knew me that night. "That ..."

"Why?", he asked. 

I stood up and opened the door. Apparently, he was sitting on the other side of the door. "I think I know who took that video.", I told him.

He stood up to face me. "Do I know that person?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

He hung his head low. "This ...", he repeated what he said a while ago.

"Hey," I tried to look at his face. I cupped his cheek in my hand. I realized his eyes were puffy and reddish. Even his face was a bit red. "Are you okay?", I asked him. He kept his head low and shook it. "Soonyoung..."

He faced me and he was frowning. "I'm sorry.", he said. I hugged him and he hugged me back. He buried his face on my shoulder. "It's my fault I couldn't protect you, I'm sorry.", he said in a muffled voice.

I the back of his head. "No, it's not. It never was." He kept quiet and hugged me tighter. I gave a sad smile to myself and let Soonyoung cry on me. 

 

We walked back inside the main building. I was shy while Soonyoung kept a strong face in front of everybody. He held on to my hand as we walked through the hallways. He squeezed it tighter whenever we could hear the whispers about us. Everybody knew anyway. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter