LVII

To Be With You {Hoshi Fanfic}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Fifty-Seven

 

Alas, the day of departure has come. Everyone went to the airport. There's always something about airports that's kind of depressing as you see other people part from their loved ones, so will it happen to our family.

I watched as he took out his bags. He caught me staring at him so I averted my eyes elsewhere. My heart aches. I don't want him far from me. There's already that sense of longing even when we're still together. 

"You have everything?", dad asked Soonyoung.

"Yeah, I do.", he answered. He pulled his bags close to him. 

"Take care, Soonyoung.", mom told him. She kissed his cheek and hugged him. "We'll miss you."

Soonyoung just looked at me. It was awkward and I didn't really know what to do. I took the courage to tell him, "Take care." He nodded and went to hug me, too. It was a brief moment, but it was enough.

Another car pulled up. Dad exchanged glances with me. I sighed and headed towards that car. The driver took out  a different set of bags and I helped him with them. I looked back and saw that mom and Soonyoung looked confused. 

As every bag was out, I walked back towards them and forced a smile. "I'm ready to go as well.", I said.

 

--Three days ago--

I made my way into the building with the guide of the staffs towards dad's office. I was nervous. It's such a grand trade I'm about to make, but I believe I should do it.

I knocked on the door. "Come in.", said the familiar voice from the inside.

He was surprised to see my face. I gave him a smile and he returned it. "Hey, dad.", I said.

"Hello there, Miyoung.", he said. "What can I do for you?"

I didn't really plan on how to start so I just went straight to my point. "Dad, I'm sorry for everything with Soonyoung, but," I bowed my head. "Please let me be the one who goes instead."

Dad didn't answer so I looked up. He was looking at me with stern eyes. I felt intimidated so I looked down again. "It's because he's graduating this year.", I continued to my reason. "And him transferring at this moment may be hard on him. I'm still a junior so I can say I have plenty more time than Soonyoung. I'd also like to see this as an opportunity for me instead of a sacrifice. I believe this is the better option. So, please, let me go."

I took a peek up again . Dad continued to look at me with those serious eyes. Then, out of nowhere, he chuckled. I fixed my posture and tried to put my chin up.

"The two of you are really amazing.", he said. "The other day, Soonyoung kept pleading to go somewhere nearer instead. Now, you're telling me to have you go in place of Soonyoung." 

I can't really give a response to that , so I just nodded my head. "What do you expect me to do? Do you think I'll allow your requests?", he said. 

My pupils were shaking. "I-I-- Even so! I believe I should be the who goes instead. Everything started with me, and I should finish what I have done."

Dad exhaled. "Are you willing to do what you just offered?"

"Yes, I am." My voice wavered as I said that. It's obvious that I really am not, but I can bear leaving rather than being left. 

"You can't change your path if you go this way."

"I... I'm fine with that."

He sighed again. "If that's so, then we'll arrange the papers and get you a plane ticket as soon as possible."

"Yes, dad."

After that, dad went back to his computer and typed some things. I stood there, out of place, and wondered whether I should leave or not. I took a step back and was just about to turn to the door when dad called me.

"Miyoung,", he spoke.

"Yes?", I said in a high-pitched voice.

He smiled before taking a second to speak again. "I'm sorry it had to end this way but," He bowed his head to me. "Thank you for loving my son."

I smiled back at him despite my bitter feelings. "No, thank you for having a wonderful son." Then, I exited the room since I couldn't cope with the pain my heart was feeling at that moment.

 

--Back to Present--

"I'm ready to go as well.", I said. 

Mom and Soonyoung were obviously confused. It hurts me to be smiling happily as I'm about to leave them for a very long time. Soonyoung grabbed on to my shoulder.

"What are you saying?" He scoffed. "I'm the only one leaving today."

"I'm afraid not.", Dad said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter