Chapter 7

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

That afternoon, I ended up having a late lunch with the boys inside the practice room. As much as I wanted to be alone and stay away from Baekhyun for a while, Manager Song managed to force me to change my mind. It seemed like they were able to buy some to-go jjajjangmyeon and jjamppong on their way from the airport and the members are having so much fun feasting on the pickled radish as if it’s their first time tasting them.

 

I chewed down my food slowly, feeling like I’m eating sand rather than black bean noodles.

 

My eyes kept darting towards Baekhyun.

 

I wondered if he knew I was just pretending to be asleep…

 

 Baekhyun caught me staring at him but our gazes were immediately broken by a sudden knock on the door.

 

“I’m on it,” Manager Song said, scampering away to check the visitor.

 

“Who was it, Manager?” Sehun asked as she came back.

 

“Just…” she muttered, staring quizzically at the mysterious white envelope she has on hand. With a frown, she held it out to me.

 

“It’s for you,” she pointed when I didn’t move. “The man said it’s from Woollim.”

 

All the members were observing me as I reached out and plucked the envelope out of Manager Song’s hand. I know we all have the same thing in mind: If it came from Woollim, it can only be from Myungsoo.

 

I opened the envelope and felt my eyebrows rose as a familiar symbol in color gold welcomed me.

 

“Omo,” I blurted wide-eyed.

 

“What is it?” Kai asked. The boys looked like they’re about to pounce on me any minute out of curiosity.

 

“T-Ticket…” I stammered, taking the paper out. “A concert ticket.”

 

I held it out for them to see. The golden ‘infinite’ logo seems to glow brighter as it gets exposed to light.

 

“Looks like he’s inviting you,” Chanyeol spoke.

 

“Obviously,” Chen whispered, rolling his eyes at him. Chanyeol raised his hand in attempt to smack him.

 

“When’s the concert?” Manager Song asked. I almost forget she’s here with us.

 

I checked the ticket and replied, “This weekend, Manager. A day from now.”

 

“Are you going to come?” Tao asked, sounding as if he is against the idea.

 

“Of course she should!” Suho answered him. “It’s rude not to come when she already has the ticket and all.”

 

I bit my lip and stared at Manager Song for advice.

 

“S-Should I, Manager?”

 

I was quite surprised when she nodded.

 

“Of course,” she said. “It’ll be such a waste if you don’t come.”

 

 

***

 

 

The boys and I finished off our food and headed towards the auditorium. Rehearsals were scheduled for today and for the first time I was kind of looking forward to it. I’m guessing today’s the day the director gives me the song I’m going to sing for solo.

 

I was busy texting Myungsoo when someone suddenly bumped into me, almost making me drop my phone.

 

“Ya---“ I blurted but stopped when I realized it was Baekhyun.

 

“Aish, what’s wrong with him?” I muttered to myself and continued to text while walking.

 

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

Got the tickets, oppa.

 

From: Kim Myungsoo

Are you coming?

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

I’m not sure…

 

 

He didn’t reply after that but instead of feeling bad, I actually chuckled. If he knows me enough, he’d easily realize I’m kidding. I smiled and headed towards my seat. I caught Baekhyun glaring at me and my smile quickly faded. I sat down and cleared my throat.

 

The rehearsals went on smoothly. The artists didn’t get much trouble especially when they’re performing their own songs. I had just finished singing my debut song ‘Heaven’ when the director held her hand up and motioned me to join her down the stage. Panic automatically shot through me.

 

What did I do wrong? Is she going to scold me? I thought, suddenly feeling scared to get embarrassed in front of all the artists.

 

But as it turned out, I was wrong.

 

“Here’s the piece you’re going to sing for your solo,” she said, handing me a pink company folder. “I chose a foreign song for you since you really sing well in English. Study this song tonight and I’ll check it out during tomorrow’s rehearsal.”

 

I took the folder from her and bowed my head.

 

I was about to return to my seat when she grabbed my arm and stopped me.

 

“Wait. There’s something more…” she muttered as she began to look out towards the upper seats. She snapped her fingers when she spotted what she was searching for and called out, “Baekhyun-ssi? Come here please!”

 

My whole body seemed to turn to ice the moment she mentioned Baekhyun’s name. Baekhyun looked surprised too and took a few seconds (and a few beatings from the boys) before he was finally able to extricate himself from his seat and joined us.

 

I can’t help but look away as he stood beside me.

 

“I decided to add one final act before wrapping up the whole concert line-up,” the director explained, producing another pink folder out of nowhere. “I thought it’d be best to add another duet stage but this time for a male and a female.”

 

The director was speaking through a microphone which enabled everyone to hear what she’s saying. I suddenly feel like passing out.

 

Duet? With him? What kind of luck is this?

 

“This is your piece. Study it well and practice. We’ll see each other again tomorrow,” she ordered and held the folder out.

 

Baekhyun and I reached out at the same time. A jolt of electricity seems to shot through my entire body the moment our hands touched. I pulled my hand out instinctively and so did he. It seemed like I wasn’t the only one who felt it.

 

The director raised an eyebrow and waved the folder at us.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat and took it.

 

“After you,” he muttered as he let me pass first. I prayed no one noticed the awkwardness between us but I know that would be impossible. We were too obvious, for goodness’ sake.

 

The boys congratulated us as we returned but I noticed a pair of eyes glaring at us from a distance. Taeyeon. She looked like she’s about to blow fire with the way she’s staring at us.

 

I shook my head and laid back on my seat – suddenly feeling too stressed out.

 

Out of all the male artists her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter