Chapter 4

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

Eyes followed me as I headed towards the cafeteria and even more by the time I arrived there. I quickly spotted Myungsoo sitting on the far end of the hall, away from all the people. Whispers turned louder as I walked to him.

 

“Hanna,” he said the moment he saw me. He stood up from his table and offered me a cup of what looked like a fruit smoothie.

 

I stared at it incredulously and asked, “What is this, oppa?”

 

“Banana smoothie,” he answered quickly. “Effective to relieve hangovers.”

 

“Ahh…” I muttered and took a sip. The cold shot through my whole body making me shiver. “T-Thanks…”

 

Myungsoo smiled and took a sip from his iced coffee.

 

“Somewhere private?” he whispered, his eyes scanning the numerous people staring at us.

 

“Please,” I agreed with a sigh and began to walk away.

 

Myungsoo and I didn’t need to speak to each other to know where we’re going. When you mention “somewhere private”, I think pretty much the same thing pops up inside our head.

 

The two of us took the elevator. I pressed the button of the highest floor leading to the rooftop. We didn’t speak until we arrived.

 

“So… uhh… what are you doing here, oppa?” I asked as I leaned on the edge of the rooftop. It’s been a while since I last went here. The fresh breeze still feels so nice to breathe in.

 

Myungsoo stood beside me. He was staring ahead as he spoke, “I came to check on you, actually.”

 

“Me?” I blurted in surprise, turning towards him. Why does he always seem to want to check on me?

 

He sipped from his coffee again and nodded.

 

“I want to apologize,” he said in a low voice. “About the news.”

 

My brows furrowed in confusion.

 

Myungsoo faced me and continued, “I-I’m sorry… I should have been more careful… I didn’t mean to put you in such difficult position.”

 

I felt myself smile as Myungsoo’s words finally made sense to me.

 

“It’s okay, oppa. It wasn’t something to apologize for, really,” I replied. “I don’t think anyone between the two of us knew we’re being followed that night. Besides…”

 

I stopped so that I can stare at him straight in the eye.

 

“I’m really thankful you went there for me. If it wasn’t for you… I couldn’t even imagine how that night would have turned out. I’d probably just sit like a ball on the floor and cry like an idiot the entire evening. It was such a relief you were there to put some sense into my head. So… thank you so much,” I muttered softly.

 

Myungsoo looked taken aback for a moment.

 

“I-I didn’t do anything…” he blurted nervously. “I only went there so that you won’t be alone.”

 

“Precisely,” I noted with a smile. “No one was there for me during that time. I felt so alone, so rejected, so left out… And then you came.”

 

I noticed Myungsoo’s face turn bright red. He gulped and looked away.

 

I continued, “So thank you, oppa. Really. For staying with me that night, for comforting me, for drinking with me…”

 

Myungsoo laughed at the last part and so did I.

 

“Thank you for even calling out Ms. Kim to make sure someone would be there with me when I woke up,” I added. “You really made a lot of efforts, oppa. Thank you.”

 

Myungsoo’s face is as red as a fully ripened tomato.

 

“I got into a lot of trouble looking for someone to guard you after I leave. Luckily, my manager knows Ms. Kim’s number,” he explained.

 

I nodded and smiled.

 

“Thanks for the food, by the way. And the medicines…” I went on, making him blush even more. “I’ve got a whole lot of things to thank you for.”

 

“T-That was nothing…” he stammered, still unable to meet my eyes. “It was my duty anyway. I let you get drunk. It’s only my responsibility to make sure you’re okay.”

 

“Oh, that,” I blurted with a frown. “I’m so sorry you have to see me that way, oppa. I’m such a mess.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled, seeming to remember a fascinating memory. We were both laughing together when he suddenly stopped, his expression turning serious.

 

“By the way, Hanna,” he began, finally able to face me again. “I don’t mean to be so intrusive but… do you have some other problems during that night aside from Luhan?”

 

Myungsoo’s question brought fear through me that I immediately felt myself tense.

 

“W-What do you mean, oppa?” I asked, unable to hide my anxiety. “Perhaps… d-did I say something while I’m drunk?”

 

Myungsoo’s face was unreadable. He turned so quiet I even found time to pray intensely inside my head.

 

Please, don’t let him know anything. He can’t know anything.

 

After a few heartbeats, he finally spoke, “Oh. Nothing… Nothing. I was still just wondering. You looked too problematic that time I thought there might be something else that’s bothering you.”

 

For a moment, I didn’t want to believe he’s saying the truth but he had looked away from me so quickly I realized that subject is already closed and he’s not going speak any more.

 

I decided to move on to a lighter one.

 

“By the way, oppa, I think I need to apologize to your members… I kind of snatched you away from them last night, didn’t I?” I asked remembering what Ms. Kim told me about Infinite having their pre-concert celebration.

 

“What? Why? You didn’t. It was my choice to leave them,” he answered with a frown. “Besides, I’ve already explained things to them and they understand.”

 

His reply filled me with relief.

 

“D-Did they say anything about the news? You’re worried about me but you seem to forget you’re involved in the issue too, oppa,” I muttered.

 

Myungsoo scoffed and laughed out loud, absolutely taking me by surprise. I stared at him wide-eyed as he tried to regain his composure.

 

“Oh, they said a lot,” he blurted, still unable to contain his laugh. “Teased me a lot. They seem to be so happy about it.”

 

“Happy?” I repeated in confusion.

 

Myungsoo froze. The expression he has on his face looks like that of someone who just spoke something he shouldn’t. He turned pale.

 

“Ahh… T-That…” he stuttered, suddenly checking his watch. He looked nauseous. “I-I’ve got to go, Hanna… I-I forgot I still got something to do. Uhh… Sorry… Bye!”

 

Myungsoo sped off, leaving me staring at him open-mouthed. He was almost inside the elevator when I figured out how to speak again.

 

“W-Wait… Oppa!” I called out as I hastily ran towards him.

 

He stopped and turned around, his eyes wild for some unknown reason.

 

“Let me walk you to the parking lot!” I yelled, still quite a few steps away from him.

 

My offer seemed to scare him more for he shook his head and waved his hands deliberately. He stepped inside the elevator and answered back, “No! I’m fine! Bye!”

 

I caught Myungsoo press the elevator button. The elevator doors were about to close when I managed to speak, “Goodluck on your concert!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter