Chapter 24

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 24

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“God, Hanna, my heart literally dropped to the ground the moment I saw you fall back there,” Jongdae blurted, pacing back and forth before me. He has his hands on his temples, massaging it, as if to relieve his stress.

 

“I didn’t even realize I stopped breathing ‘til I finally felt myself going dizzy,” Sehun muttered with a pout beside me. He had managed to squeeze himself on the small bed with me and now I’m using his shoulder as a pillow. And trust me, it feels way better.

 

 “You’re lucky Baekhyun was just around the corner,” Minseok added. “If it hadn’t occurred that he’s lined up to perform next with you, it would have been a bigger trouble.”

 

“Yeah. Imagine eleven men clawing their way towards you,” Jongin spoke, shaking his head as the image forms in his mind. “It’s chaos.”

 

“Well, I’m pretty sure I kind of yelled at Manager Song and the director at some point while trying to get to Hanna,” Chanyeol mused while tapping his chin in concentration. “I hope they don’t remember anything, though. Or I’ll surely get in trouble.”

 

“I hope that doesn’t include some filthy words, Yeollie,” Lay murmured beside him but one look on Chanyeol’s face is enough to tell him otherwise. “You’re dead,” the older man said, giving his dongsaeng a good luck pat on the back.

 

“But you’re okay now Hanna, right? Nothing serious? You can go home?” Suho asked just in time for the nurse to reappear inside the room.

 

“Of course she can go home,” the lady spoke warmly. She eyed the boys and gave them a small smile. She stood beside me and checked on my foot. “But does anyone of you know how to change these?” she asked, pointing at the bandages. “Knowing Hanna’s blood phobia, it’d be impossible for her to change these on her own. One of you should help her.”

 

There was a complete silence before a hand popped up from the sea of people.

 

“I’ll do it,” a familiar voice spoke and I already know who the person’s going to be even before he stepped away from s to show himself. “I know how,” Kyungsoo muttered, his hand raised with confidence.

 

The nurse squeaked and clapped her hands.

 

“It’s settled then,” she announced as she reached out to place the icepack properly on my knee. “You may take this with you, Hanna. Don’t remove it unless the swelling has completely subside, you understand?”

 

I nodded and muttered a quick thanks. Suho’s phone rang and we all stared at him as he spoke to Manager Song who’s apparently ordering us to meet her at her office. There came a small argument when deciding who’s going to carry me this time but Baekhyun managed to win over s when he said” “Since I was the one who brought her here in the first place, might as well do it all the way.”

 

So once again, I am back in his arms. Maybe it’s because of the adrenaline surging through my veins a while ago or the fact that we were alone, but I hadn’t realized until now how awkward this situation is. I had to keep  my head down as I struggled to control my face and keep myself from blushing. I was aware of every portion of my body that’s touching him and could feel the intense warmth bubbling from them. My heart began to pound so fast I worried Baekhyun might notice and the grin he let out when I looked up to check only confirmed my worst fear. I bit my lip in embarrassment.

 

Tao opened the door for us so we could step out of the clinic while I’m focused on keeping the icepack on my knee. I grew confused when Baekhyun suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked up to see him gazing at something in front of us. I frowned and turned, finally realizing the thing person that made him halt.

 

“O-Oppa…” I blurted in astonishment, making the man leaning against the wall look up to reveal his hidden face. His soft eyes immediately hardened the moment he caught glimpse of the person holding me.

 

“Hanna,” he murmured softly as he fearlessly closed the distance between us. I felt Baekhyun’s arms tighten around me as if he’s trying to protect me from the other person. I noticed his wild gaze at him which instantly made me uncomfortable to be in the middle of this situation.

 

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked, worry dripping in his voice. I nodded my head slowly, earning a deep sigh of relief coming from him.

 

Then, it was my turn to question, “What are you doing here, oppa? I thought you’re on your way home by the time I left you.”

 

Myungsoo scratched his head and simply stared at me. I raised a brow at him in confusion but he only pursed his lips as he moved his gaze from me to Baekhyun and then back. Baekhyun scoffed faintly beside me and shook his head.

 

“I… I don’t---“

 

“He wants to talk to you privately, Hanna,” Baekhyun cut me off, his tone less than friendly. I sneakily elbowed him on the rib to warn him about the members’ presence but he only responded with a glare. Myungsoo cleared his throat to end our silent war and I turned my attention back to him.

 

“S-Sure, oppa,” I said, giving Baekhyun the kind of look that says ‘let me go’.

 

A look of pure pain and betrayal passed his features which instantly filled me with guilt. I could almost hear him gritting his teeth as he walked to the nearest bench on the hallway and set me down. He gave Myungsoo one final glare before leaving us alone to wait with the other boys.

 

“The boys and I decided to roam around the company first since we had spare time,” he began, finally responding to my unanswered question. “We haven’t fully seen the whole building so we thought it’d be better to stay for a while and have fun.”

 

 I stared at the floor and nodded. Some people might wonder what could possibly be so fun about walking around a huge building but honestly, this company has many perks. There’s this huge cafeteria that serves delicious foods. We have a massage room for those who wants to relax and a mini library for those who’s looking for peace and solitude. We also have a recreation room where you can play billiard or table tennis and a whole lot of stuffs that could keep you busy.

 

I was in the middle of recalling all the other facilities when Myungsoo spoke again, reminding me that I have company, “Then we got kind of curious as to how your rehearsals work so we ended up searching for the auditorium. And we got there just in time for me to see Baekhyun hauling you off the ground and carrying you away.”

 

I looked up just in time to see a flicker of pain pass his eyes which he immediately covered up with a smile.

 

“Then I followed you here.”

 

My eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Y-You mean…” I broke off, staring at him in disbelief. “You’ve been here outside the whole time?”

 

He nodded and chuckled bitterly.

 

My eyes widened even more.

 

“But what about your other members?” I asked, scanning around to search for the Infinite boys. “And EXO? Why didn’t you come with them when they went inside to visit me?”

 

“They already left,” he replied under his breath. “And EXO… well, I saw them but they didn’t saw me. They seemed too worried to even care about anything else.”

 

I gasped and gaped at him.

 

“But… why…”

 

“I can’t get myself to leave without knowing what happened to you, Hanna,” he blurted a little too forcefully. I noticed the sudden gleam in his eyes – a sort of rage that wasn’t there a while ago. “I know that when I went back to the dorm with them, I’d just probably spend the whole night wondering which would eventually piss them off. So I decided to stay and find out. Which reminds me… what the hell did just happen back there?”

 

 

“I-I kind of got into an accident,” I stammered, suddenly unable to meet his eyes.

 

“Accident? What kind of accident?” he urged as he leaned closer to me, making me cringe internally. The boys are just around here somewhere and Baekhyun’s with them. I know I shouldn’t be thinking of him anymore and I could do anything I want with Myungsoo but it felt like my body’s moving out of its own accord. It’s gotten so used to distancing itself from other males that even after Baekhyun and I broke up, it still does it like it’s some stupid stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter