Chapter 23

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 23

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“So who chose the beach wedding?” Chanyeol asked in the middle of our late brunch. Since rest period’s over, all of us are pretty much back on our usual schedule. We all had to leave the dorm early this morning – the boys to shoot for a magazine, while me to shoot for a CF.

 

I stuffed a mouthful of rice in my mouth before answering, “Me.”

 

“You?” he repeated in surprise and I nodded. He grinned before adding, “So you have a knack for beach weddings, huh?”

 

“Not really,” I murmured with a slight shrug. “You know how I grow up close to the ocean, oppa, so… I guess having a beach wedding somehow makes me more… uhh… comfortable?”

 

“It makes you feel more at home,” Suho chimed in agreement. I snapped my fingers and pointed at him to emphasize he’s correct.

 

“Bingo.”

 

All of us chuckled before returning our attention to the feast before us. We’ve become so comfortable to each other that I hardly turn embarrassed after ordering two sets of meals. I pushed my first empty plate away and pulled the next one closer for round two when hands suddenly covered my eyes, making me groan in frustration.

 

“Aw, come on!” I exclaimed, pouting. “I’m eating!”

 

If there is anything I hate the most, it is being disturbed while eating – especially when I am really hungry. There was complete silence around me, not even one of the boys making a noise. I frowned and put my spoon down, reaching up to remove the hands from my face.

 

“Who---“ I broke off as a somewhat familiar feeling crept in my touch. I squeezed the hand tighter, grazing its every portion – from the perfectly trimmed nails to the long fingers to its smooth knuckles.

 

Could it be… I wondered hesitantly but still decided to take a guess.

 

“Myungsoo-ssi?” I whispered in a low voice just in case my intuition was wrong.

 

Weak murmurs of surprise erupted from the people sitting around me before I felt the hands loosen its grip on my eyes before completely slipping away.

 

I looked up from my seat and instantly broke out into a smile.

 

“Annyeong, Myungsoo-ssi,” I muttered triumphantly.

 

The man has his brows furrowed in confusion but the pink flush in his cheeks is very much evident up close.

 

“How did you know?” he asked, sounding defeated.

 

My smile faltered and this time it was my turn to blush and look away. Goodness, he’s right. How did I even know it’s him?

 

“L-Lucky guess,” I murmured and almost had to smack my head for failing to come up with a smart answer. I could feel all the boys staring at us, even some of the people present at the cafeteria. I blushed even more and cleared my throat awkwardly.

 

“W-What are you doing here, oppa?” I asked, trying to flee from the distressing topic.

 

 “Hmm…” he moaned softly as he placed his hands languidly at the back of my chair. “The boys and I had a meeting with the CEO. We just got dismissed a few minutes ago.”

 

“Really? Where are they, then?” My eyes scanned the cafeteria but there were clearly no signs of six gorgeous boys (apart from the ones around me, of course).

 

“I separated from them and went here alone. They’re probably on their way,” he replied calmly.

 

I nodded and returned to my food. It was only after my silence that Myungsoo seems to finally notice the men surrounding me. He immediately bowed his head and they exchanged pleasant greetings. After a few minutes, just like he said, a roar of laughter echoed in the hall and we all turned around to catch glimpse of the remaining Infinite members heading our way.

 

I rose from my seat and greeted them politely.

 

“Hey, Hanna! Congrats on the engagement!” Woohyun exclaimed, winking at me playfully.

 

“Ah… T-Thanks, oppa,” I stammered as my fingers instinctively clasped the ring. I was fumbling at my food absentmindedly as the males conversed with one another before I felt a soft tap on my shoulder, taking me back to reality.

 

“Want to join us as we eat, Hanna?” Myungsoo offered, flashing his infamous dimpled-smile.

 

I gazed at my untouched plate of food and was about to answer when someone suddenly spoke up, “Oh, look at the time! The rehearsals are about to start!”

 

Byun Baekhyun.

 

I tossed him a deathly glare.

 

Myungsoo mouthed an ‘oh’ before turning back to me.

 

“Is that right, Hanna? You have rehearsals?” he asked, looking at me expectantly. The other boys began leaving their seats and biding farewells to their sunbaes. Myungsoo seemed somewhat dejected as he murmured, “Well, I guess you could eat with us some other time.”

 

I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Or what has gotten into my mind. But the next thing I did left everyone gawking at me in disbelief and astonishment.

 

“No. It’s okay,” I blurted, gulping and blinking a few times after realizing what I just said. “I… I have some food left, anyway.”

 

Myungsoo smiled widely as he took the seat next to me.

 

“Are you sure, Hanna? Won’t you get in trouble for being late?” he asked though something about his tone of speaking makes me feel like he’s only saying these things for show. He almost sounded like he’s just glad I decided to stay and he doesn’t care anymore whether it’d get me in trouble.

 

“I-I’ll just stay long enough to finish my food,” I reasoned, gazing at the boys apologetically. “I guess it’s going to be alright.”

 

The Infinite members nodded and they all began taking their own seats.

 

I shifted my eyes towards Suho and spoke softly, “I’ll just meet you at the auditorium, oppa.”

 

For a moment, he seemed like he’s debating whether to let me go or not. I caught a glimpse of Baekhyun standing stiffly beside him, his mouth stretched into a thin line. But eventually Suho nodded his head and agreed. Baekhyun tossed him a ‘what are you doing?’ kind of look which the older male easily ignored. The boys said goodbye again before starting to leave.

 

“Should I bring your sneakers to the auditorium, noona?” Sehun asked before getting far.

 

“Would it be okay, Sehunnie?” I asked sweetly. He nodded enthusiastically and mouthed an ‘of course’ before I smiled at him gratefully and waved goodbye.

 

The Infinite members excused themselves to buy some food while Myungsoo managed to force Sungjong into buying for him so that only the two of us were left at the table.

 

I bit my lip in embarrassment before slowly munching off my cold pasta.

 

“Well, wasn’t that fun?” Myungsoo muttered, stretching his arms and laying his back comfortably on the chair.

 

“What is?” I asked, not understanding what he’s trying to say.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and looked at me.

 

“Did you see that look on Baekhyun’s face? He looked like he’s literally about to rip my head off,” he mused, chuckling even more.

 

I rolled my eyes and murmured, “You’re trying to provoke him, aren’t you?”

 

“It was fun,” he said with a wink. “And I did succeed, you know. God… that look on his face…”

 

Myungsoo remained in his sweet bubble of laughter while I could do nothing but groan and shook my head in disagreement.

 

“You’re the only person I know who loves the thought of being brutally murdered,” I whispered to myself as I watched the man beside me get drowned in his never-ending pool joy.

 

 

***

 

 

[Kim Tae Yeon’s POV]

 

 

“Are you out of your mind Kim Taeyeon? What if someone catches me?” Yeri hisses from the other line. I let the other trainees pass by me on their way to the auditorium before speaking, “Ya! Stop acting like an idiot! You won’t get caught! It’s not like you’re doing this for the first time, anyway.”

 

I could almost imagine my closest friend roll her eyes at me.

 

“Whatever, Taeyeon. I know I’m a . But I mostly inflict mental assaults, not physical,” she reasoned out.

 

“Oh yeah? Is that why you strangled and slapped Hanna a year ago?” I countered, knowing full well this would shut her noisy mouth up.

 

“YA!!!” she yelled, making me flinch and pull my phone away. I bit my lip, trying to stay patient. Another group of trainees – Doyoung, Jaehyun, Mark, and Ten – passed by and I was forced to fake a smile as I returned their greetings.

 

“Just do it, arasso? I’ll reward you, I promise,” I urged after making sure no one’s around hearing range.

 

There was a sarcastic scoff before Yeri answered, “And what could you possibly offer me?”

 

“I know a lot of hot guys’ numbers. Or better yet, some Idols. Who do you want? Tell me and I’ll make sure to get their number for you,” I muttered, smiling from ear to ear. If there is something that could always make the famed Kim Yeri say yes, put ‘boys and ‘hot’ together – you’ll most certainly get the answer.

 

“You really think you could bribe me with that?” she demanded, sounding offended.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter