Chapter 6

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“N-No, oppa. I can’t accept that,” I stuttered, handing the green folder back to him. “You wrote that song. It’s only rightful that you sing it.”

 

Kim Jonghyun only smiled and pushed it back to me.

 

“That song’s not working out for me anyway and I’ve already decided. It would make me feel better if you’d sing this song. You give more justice to it than I ever could,” he said softly and I can no longer argue.

 

He sighed and clucked his tongue.

 

“I better inform the CEO about this,” he announced and with a pat on my shoulder, he dashed out of the studio.

 

Director Lee and I stared at each other.

 

“Well, he’s the composer. He gets to decide what happens to his song,” he told me when he realized I was about to ask him for help.

 

I scratched my head and bowed. I left the studio room and decided to hang out at the cafeteria. I was so pre-occupied a while ago that I didn’t even realize my stomach’s already growling in hunger.

 

I have no idea what made Jonghyun decide to give me his song but I can’t deny it was really a beautiful one. Maybe it’s because of the sad tone or the lyrics, but I really kind of liked the song. And some part of me is greatly flattered that he gave me the pleasure to sing it.

 

I was busy playing with the pasta of my spaghetti when my phone buzzed on the table.

 

 

From: Kim Myungsoo

 

Thanks for the cupcakes. J

 

 

I smiled and quickly typed in a reply.

 

 

To: Kim Myungsoo

 

No problem. ;)

 

 

Our conversation ended after that. He didn’t send any reply which is quite a relief for me. I’m not really good at conversing through phone. Maybe he’s busy with their activities. They’ve begun their concert yesterday, anyway.

 

I sighed and leaned my head on the table. I was only able to sleep for a few hours and now dizziness is taking its toll on me. I let my eyes close; maybe I could get a few minutes of sleep in here without having nightmares.

 

 

***

 

 

[Kim Myung Soo’s POV]

 

 

“Delivery for Kim Myungsoo!” our Manager announced as he entered our practice room, holding two red boxes of what looked like baked goods. The members who are lying immobile on the ground stood up and ran towards him.

 

“Hey! Hey! I said it’s for Myungsoo! Why are you coming near me?!” he scolded, moving the boxes away from the boys’ hands.

 

I stood up from the couch lazily and walked towards him.

 

“Who sent these, hyung?” I asked in a bored tone, taking the boxes from him.

 

He shrugged.

 

“No idea. The person just said it came from SM Building,” he answered.

 

My eyes widened and suddenly, all the indifference washed out of my system. I held the boxes like they were gold – like they were some sort of treasure I need to take care of.

 

The members seem to think the same way for they all exploded in fits of cheers and taunting.

 

“Those came from Hanna, don’t they?” Sungyeol whispered, nudging me playfully.

 

“Let’s see what’s inside!” Dongwoo shouted as he took the boxes away from my hands. I yelped and snatched them back.

 

“Ya! Hyung!” I burst, hugging the boxes close to my chest as if my whole life depended on them.

 

The members must’ve seen the anger in my eyes for they all shut their mouths and went silent.

 

I sat on the couch and balanced the boxes on my knees. 

 

I opened the first one on top and the sweet scent of freshly baked goodies wafted in the air.

 

Red Velvet cupcakes.

 

Grinning like an idiot, I took the second box and opened it. This time, chocolate cupcakes were inside.

 

“Waaaa, those look so delicious!” Sungjong wailed as he sniffed the air.

 

I was smiling widely now. But it’s not only because of the gifts; it’s because of the yellow note placed on top of the cupcakes.

 

Thanks again. :) , it said in Hanna’s neat handwriting.

 

I plucked it off and quickly hid inside my coat pocket so the members wouldn’t see. I closed the boxes one by one and arranged them on top of the other.

 

“You’re not going to give us anything?” Hoya demanded, his face filled with disappointment.

 

“Who says I’m going to share?” I retorted back.

 

“You’re supposed to share it with us!” he yelled, clearly offended.

 

“Says who?” I asked indifferently.

 

Hoya scoffed and turned away.

 

“Ya, Kim Myungsoo,” Sungkyu butted in. “It’s clear Hanna wants you to share it with us. Didn’t you see? There are seven cupcakes of each flavor. Infinite has seven members.”

 

I peeked at the boxes of cupcakes beside me and shrugged.

 

“I’m not sure…” I muttered. “Maybe Hanna wants me to eat them every day of the week. That’s why she prepared seven. You know, Monday… Tuesday… Wednesday…”

 

“You’re stupid if you’re going to believe that,” Woohyun blurted in annoyance.

 

“Just share some with us, hyung!” Sungjong continued to wail. “You’re not planning to preserve that, are you?”

 

“Is that possible?” I asked with a frown.

 

“NO!” all of them answered in chorus.

 

I blow out my cheeks in thought and stood up.

 

“You’re really not sharing, huh?” Sungyeol demanded in a low voice. All the other members glared at me.

 

“Just give me some time alone with my cupcakes, okay? I’ll decide later,” I said, carried the boxes in my arms, and walked away.

 

What I did with Hanna’s gifts… I stared at them the entire afternoon as if they were some newly discovered species of animals. I took photos here and there for remembrance before remembering to thank her. I sent a simple text and got a quick response. Now this may sound weird and might make me look stupid but I actually kissed the cupcakes one by one. I even searched the Internet if it’s really impossible to preserve them and it seemed like the members were saying the truth.

 

I let them have a go at it during dinner which made all their anger towards me fade away.

 

“God, Hanna’s really a good cook,” Woohyun sighed after taking a first bite on his chocolate cupcake. The other members began muttering praises, too. Some just sighed and ate in silence.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter