Chapter 20

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Just a minute!” I called out as I grabbed my shoulder bag and sprinted for the door. It took me a while to realize how stupid I was for screaming when this hotel suite is properly soundproofed I doubt Myungsoo could even hear me outside. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door.

 

“Hey,” he muttered in greeting.

 

“Hey,” I repeated, making him break a smile. My eyes noted of Myungsoo’s hands hidden behind his back and I furrowed my brows as I tried to take a peek. His cheeks were pink as he cleared his throat.

 

“I know this may seem too cheesy and a little cliché but here you go,” he spoke shyly as he revealed what was in his hands.

 

“Wow,” I whispered as I let myself marvel at the huge bouquet of red roses. I took it from him, biting my lip to suppress a chuckle. “Thanks, oppa.”

 

He blushed even more and looked away.

 

“So… uhh… ready to go?” he asked, staring at his feet to avoid meeting my eyes.

 

“Yep,” I answered shortly, popping my lips on the ‘p’. Myungsoo looked up with an amused grin and offered his hand which I gratefully took. We headed down towards the underground parking lot, catching people’s attention as we passed by. Myungsoo and I have a filming scheduled for today and searching for our wedding attires is our main agenda. I would have just asked him to fetch me at the company headquarters but we are set to leave early that Myungsoo suggested he’d just go to the hotel instead. A lot of onlookers seemed too stunned to see us walking hand in hand.

 

“So, where to?” I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

 

Myungsoo did the same with his and started the engine before answering, “You’ll see when we get there.”

 

I frowned but kept myself from asking any more as he drove the car in motion and we sped off. My hands were clutching the bouquet on my lap, my eyes trailing on the row of buildings outside, when I felt Myungsoo’s gentle touch against my skin. I looked down and saw his hand hovering above mine, waiting for permission. I sighed and held my palm up. I spotted his dimpled-smile as he gain access to my hand, intertwining our fingers in the process. My heart did a weak lurch. If it weren’t for all the cameras situated around us, I would’ve convinced myself we are a real couple.

 

The drive was quick and peaceful. Myungsoo turned the radio on so we could listen to some mellow songs on the way. I was busily humming along Sungkyu’s version of Only Tears when the car stopped and I realized we’ve finally arrived in our destination.

 

I stepped inside without waiting for Myungsoo to open the car door for me and I saw him pout after realizing I already did his job for him. I chuckled and patted his shoulder.

 

“I could open the door for myself, oppa,” I said before scanning the surroundings to figure out where we are. My eyes landed on the large wedding boutique right in front of us and felt my jaw dropped in an instant.

 

“Are you kidding me?” I gushed, gaping at the luxury-labeled boutique. I don’t know much about wedding attires but I’ve heard this brand’s name enough times on television to know that this is not just an ordinary shop.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head.

 

“I wish I could tell you I am joking but I’m not,” he murmured before holding my hand again and pulling me behind. I tried to keep myself from being dragged by him but this man’s strong enough to put all my efforts to vain. We entered the shop and the scent of textiles and candles mixed with something strong and sweet hit me in an instant. Myungsoo craned his neck from left to right, obviously looking for someone, when I heard someone squeal from a distance and a woman probably in her late twenties came rushing towards us.

 

He threw her hands around Myungsoo’s neck, making him let go of me. My eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Ya! You dummy! I’ve missed you!” the lady exclaimed as she tightened her embrace. Myungsoo laughed and hugged her back, the sweet gesture making me look away in discomfort.

 

“I’ve missed you too, noona,” I heard him reply before tugging on my hand to turn my attention back to him. “This is Hanna, by the way. But I’m sure you already know who she is.”

 

“Of course I do. I’m Kim Min Jung, by the way,” the woman replied, gazing at me with wonder in her eyes. She smacked Myungsoo in the arm and spat, “Took you long enough to introduce me to your wife.”

 

My cheeks flushed while Myungsoo kept his cool and answered smoothly, “Well, isn’t that why we’re here? Soon, she's officially going to be my wife and I need your help with our attires.”

 

Goodness, how can he sound so natural addressing me that way?

 

The woman made a little shriek of delight before clapping her hands and jumping in place.

 

“Of course! Of course! I’ve got everything prepared for you. All you need to do is choose,” she announced as she motioned us to follow her and walked away.

 

I squeezed Myungsoo’s hand to order him to lean close to me so I could whisper in his ear, “Oppa… who is she?”

 

“She’s Sungkyu hyung’s niece. She’s really close to the whole group that we even got to attend her wedding. I contacted her a few days ago to ask if she’s here in Seoul and if she could help us in our wedding. She’s quite a known designer, you know,” he whispered in response. I nodded my head, clearly amused by the woman in front of me.

 

Min Jung led us into a private room filled with the color of white – white paint, white couch, white cabinets, white curtains… white everything. The only things that stood out from the whole room were the black crisp suits arranged neatly in a clothes rack, next to another one filled with various white wedding dresses.

 

I felt my pulse gradually pick up.

 

This is just for show, Hanna. You’re not going to get married. Everything’s fake so you shouldn’t be worried, I repeated to myself as nervousness kicked in.

 

“Make yourself comfortable on the couch, Hanna,” Min Jung said to me softly, pointing at the white velvety couch positioned in front of a white podium. “I’ve got tea and pastries prepared for you. Don’t be shy to eat some, okay?”

 

I nodded my head and smiled at her, mouthing a quick thanks.

 

“And you Kim Myungsoo,” she continued, moving her fingers towards the man seated beside me. “You stand up and follow me. We’ll start with you first.”

 

Myungsoo gave my hand a final squeeze before standing up and disappearing with Min Jung. I poured myself a cup of tea and slowly nibbled on a butter cookie. Everything tasted fine but my nerves are making it difficult for me to eat or even digest anything. My stomach suddenly felt like it’s rummaging on its own.

 

Minutes passed before Min Jung appeared again, her arms crossed against her chest. She made her way and sat beside me. She flashed me a winning smile before snapping her fingers and exclaiming, “Open up!”

 

I didn’t even notice the podium in front of me disappear. A huge pure white floor-to-ceiling curtain was drawn around it, hiding it expertly on plain sight. My attention was piqued by a faint buzzing from somewhere around me before the curtains parted on their own – presenting the podium and the person standing on top of it.

 

A loud gasp escaped my mouth.

 

Okay. So I’ve basically seen Myungsoo wear suit thousands of times – in red carpets, awarding ceremonies, even during their stage performances – and honestly, he looked so good in it. But seeing him in a crisp wedding suit, a white flower tucked delicately in his chest pocket, brought everything into a whole new level.

 

He just looked SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

 

I wasn’t aware of myself spacing out until Min Jung nudged me on the rib and whispered in my ear, “Get yourself to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter