Chapter 29

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 29

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

One can tell how much the atmosphere became so awkward after the boat ride. Myungsoo barely looked at me. He stopped trying to hold my hand and didn’t even bother talking to me all the way back to the hotel. We’ve had our dinner at the Square (gosh, even that was awkward too but we had no choice but to talk since there are cameras all around us) that by the time we returned to our room, we have nothing left to do but to sleep and prepare for tomorrow’s flight to Seoul.

 

I was about to enter my room, completely given up on the hope that this day might still end on a good note, when I heard Myungsoo’s faint clearing of throat behind me. I turned around only to be met again by his uncomfortable expression.

 

“Uhh… Y-You’re sleeping?” he asked, eyes darting from all directions except mine.

 

I nodded my head and silently answered, “I guess so.”

 

Myungsoo’s gaze finally settled on me and he gulped before talking again, “C-Can we do something before we sleep?”

 

His sudden weird offer made me frown in confusion.

 

“What is it, oppa?” I asked cautiously. What in the world is he planning to do in the middle of the night? It past 12 o’clock for goodness’ sake!

 

“T-There’s something I’ve always meant to ask you,” he began, scratching his head uneasily. “It has always made me wonder… h-how do you look like with bare face?”

 

Bare face? The words rang in my ears and it almost made me burst laughing. Myungsoo just sometimes has this knack of coming up with bizarre ideas.

 

“You mean you want to see me without make-up on?” I asked, trying to keep the corners of my mouth from quirking upwards. Myungsoo simply nodded in response. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot. “Then you should show yours, too,” I challenged.

 

Myungsoo seemed to accept the offer since he was able to stand taller and tip his chin up more proudly.

 

“Call,” he blurted before closing the remaining gap between us. His scent is already filling my nose by the time he continued, “Let’s wash our faces now then show each other.”

 

I nodded confidently before pushing my bedroom door open. I walked towards my bathroom without another backward glance and proceeded to cleansing my face. It was the usual routine – apply cleanser first, followed by the toner, and then moisturizer. I gently tapped my face with a towel, drying it completely, before stepping out of my room again. Myungsoo’s still nowhere in sight so I decided to settle myself on the couch while waiting for him, languidly covering my face using the towel I just used.

 

 It was after a few minutes when I heard the door to his room creak. Sounds of footsteps coming towards my direction followed before I felt the couch squeak slightly.

 

“Ready?” he asked and I turned so we could face each other, my legs crossed underneath me.

 

“Ready,” I replied and at the count of three, I pulled my towel down.

 

Myungsoo’s bare face welcomed me, almost too close for comfort. My jaw dropped a bit at how breathtakingly handsome he still looks even without make-up and with his hair completely disheveled. How can he still look the same?

 

“How can you still look the same?” Myungsoo suddenly spoke, surprising me for saying the exact words inside my head. He looked just the same as I – jaw dropped; eyes wide in disbelief.

 

 “Same question goes for you, oppa,” I answered back firmly.

 

Myungsoo blinked and slowly reached out. I was already preparing myself for his touch but his hand stopped only centimeters away from my face. 

 

“That’s weird. I can still see the traces of water on your face. You’ve obviously washed up but how can you still look the same?” he murmured, shaking his head from left to right.

 

I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

 

“That’s because I usually just wear light make-up, oppa,” I replied, scooting a bit away from him. “My skin’s kind of sensitive so I don’t often use too much make-up unless necessary.”

 

Myungsoo mouthed an ‘oh’ before nodding. I quickly added, “But you look just the same, too.”

 

“That’s because I’m naturally handsome,” he tried to bluff but I’m not blind not to see the faint flush creeping on his cheeks.

 

I scoffed and scrambled off of my seat. I stretched my arms out, yawning a bit, before speaking, “I think I’m going to bed, oppa. It’s been a long day and I’m exhausted.”

 

Myungsoo nodded and stood up, too. He followed me silently from behind as I walked towards my room. I pushed the door open and muttered a quick goodnight before stepping inside. I was about to close the door when I noticed him still standing outside, seemingly having no intentions of leaving.

 

“Oppa,” I called out, snapping his attention away from the floor. “I said goodnight.”

 

Myungsoo remained silent for a few moments before my words finally registered on him.

 

“Ah y-yes…” he stammered, looking utterly lost. “G-Goodnight.”

 

I stared at him silently by the door, waiting for him to leave, but he didn’t. He still remained frozen on his spot, his face contorted in an expression I cannot read.

 

I sighed and leaned against the door frame. Crossing my arms against my chest, I asked, “What do you need, oppa?”

 

Myungsoo blinked before shifting his gaze from the floor to me.

 

“M-Me?” he repeated disconcertedly.

 

I heaved another sigh of impatience.

 

“Yes you, oppa. What do you need?”

 

Myungsoo only bit his lip and stared at me. I watched him closely enough to notice how his eyes would constantly shift from me to something inside my room and then back. I turned my head just to realize the object he’s been looking at – my bed.

 

 Oh, I said inside my head as the puzzle pieces clicked together.

 

It took me quick to decide. Leaving my door hanging open, I stepped inside my room and walked towards my bed. I sat at the edge of it and looked up only to see Myungsoo still standing outside, a look of utter astonishment plastered on his face.

 

I tilted my head to the side and asked, “What are you waiting for, oppa?”

 

Myungsoo jumped in surprise. His eyes were blinking rapidly as he gazed at me, “W-What?”

 

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms again.

 

“I’m counting to five. If you don’t come inside, I’m going to change my mind about letting you stay in my room for the night,” I said and immediately began counting. Myungsoo jumped from his spot again as if someone invisible electrocuted him from behind before dashing towards my bed. I stood up with a huff, pushing the door he forgot to close. He’s sitting at the foot my bed, watching me closely as I made my way back to him.

 

“Let’s sleep, okay?” I asked, letting my tone reflect the real exhaustion I am feeling. Myungsoo nodded his head like an obedient puppy and lied down on the bed, pulling the covers above him. I settled beside him, doing the same thing.

 

I was about to turn the lamp off when he suddenly spoke, my hand freezing on the switch, “T-Thanks.”

 

“For what, oppa?” I asked though I already have the vaguest idea of what he’s about to say.

 

“For letting me sleep with you,” he replied, his voice low and raspy. I don’t need to turn around to know he’s already blushing madly.

 

I sighed and let my hand drop. Turning to face him, I flashed a small smile before answering, “It’s nothing, oppa. We’re bound to do this, anyway. Besides, the other couples have already done this a lot of times and it’s our honeymoon. It’s fine. You don’t have to thank me.”

 

All the awkwardness and embarrassment seem to drain out from Myungsoo’s face as my favorite di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter