Chapter 41

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 41

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“You better wake up, sweetie. There are people waiting for you downstairs,” Mom’s voice welcomed me in the morning. It’s Sunday – another weekend – and I’m off of work. To catch more sleep is my primary plan but I guess I have to cancel it now.

 

“Who are they?” I asked groggily as I attempted to sit down. I glanced at my bedside clock and learned it’s already past 9 o’clock. At least I got nine hours of sleep.

 

Mom smiled and gently pulled me off the bed. “Fix yourself first then go figure it out on your own,” she muttered before leaving.

 

I sighed as soon as the door closed and dropped back on my bed.

 

“I want to sleep more,” I whined against the covers. I wriggled my legs stubbornly before standing up again and marching towards the bathroom. I took a shower, wore some decent but not flashy clothes (just in case someone important is waiting for me), and headed downstairs. I was able to hear Mom and Dad’s voices as I went down. They sounded like they’re in the living room and so there I went.

 

“Who is---“ I began but broke off as soon as I saw the four figures present in the room – Mom, Dad, and two other males.

 

“What are you doing here?” I demanded in a less than friendly manner. I don’t care if I’m being rude and my parents are here to see me misbehave but the thing these two did in the past still lingers in my brain and I am yet to forgive them.

 

“I’m sorry, Hanna,” the two spoke at the same time. They turned and glared at each other before shifting their attention back to me.

 

“I’m really sorry about last time. Please forgive me,” Myungsoo muttered which was instantly muffled by Baekhyun’s voice, “I wasn’t thinking properly back then. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I’m really very sorry.”

 

The two began spewing random statements, their voices becoming louder and louder as they tried to compete and beat each other. My parents stared at them unblinkingly while I slowly felt my insides churn in annoyance.

 

“STOP!” I yelled when the noise is already too much for me to handle. It made the two jump on their seats, even Mom and Dad. I breathed deeply to contain my anger and continued to speak through gritted teeth, “If you don’t stop acting like some five year olds, I swear I’m going to drag you out of the house with my own two hands.”

 

The men gulped and sat straighter on the couch, their eyes flying towards opposite directions. I in another deep breath and asked, more calmly, “So you’re here to apologize?”

 

They nodded.

 

“Then why are you bickering again?” I snapped. The two exchanged another quick glances before folding their arms against their chest and looking away again. The synchronization of their movements is quite humorous but I am too stressed to even think about laughing right now.

 

I sighed and raked a hand through my hair.

 

There was a long silence before footsteps echoed from the stairs. Soon, Ryu Jin appeared looking like he’s come straight from bed.

 

“Good morning, baby,” I mumbled affectionately as I tried to hug and kiss him. He instantly shied away from my arms and threw me a nasty glare.

 

“I’m not a kid anymore, noona,” he explained when I flashed him a hurt look.

 

Ryu Jin turned and froze as soon as he saw the unwelcome guests. He was blinking rapidly as his eyes gazed back and forth between Baekhyun and Myungsoo.

 

“Hyung!” he exclaimed after a few moments of confusion. He ran towards the direction of the men and my brows rose when he flung himself to Myungsoo. Baekhyun frowned, his adorable pout making an appearance.

 

“Hey, tiger,” Myungsoo spoke as he ruffled Ryu Jin’s hair. He glances at Baekhyun smugly before adding, “How’s that game I gave you? Are you enjoying yourself so far?”

 

Jin nodded enthusiastically and began saying things I have entirely no idea about. It must be related to the game Myungsoo has mentioned because every word sounded so alien for me.

 

After having said everything he wants, Ryu Jin turned from Myungsoo to the other sulking guy.

 

“You,” he murmured, making Baekhyun snap his head up to look at him. Mom blurted a quick remark about Jin’s attitude but the younger ignored it like our mother never said anything at all. “I’ll be nice to you. I’ll call you hyung,” he continued, “But you have to do something for me.”

 

Baekhyun immediately beamed and after glancing at Myungsoo, he asked Ryu Jin sweetly, “Sure, kid. What do you want me to do?”

 

My brother seemed to be utterly displeased with the idea of requesting something from Baekhyun but after sighing in resignation, he finally spoke up, “I have a crush in school and she really likes you.”

 

My brows rose up again in surprise. My baby brother? Having a crush? Wow. 

 

“S-She likes me?” Baekhyun repeated, stunned.

 

Jin nodded before explaining, “Her birthday’s next week and I want to give her a present. Since she likes you and you’re already here… can you give her an autograph?”

 

My parents’ and I’s mouths dropped open with a pop. Baekhyun looked a little taken aback too before he blinked and chuckled awkwardly.

 

“An autograph? Sure! That’s so easy! I could give you. How many do you like? How old’s your crush, by the way? Do you want me to give her as much autographs as her age?”

 

Whatever embarrassment was present on Ryu Jin’s face a while ago disappeared and was replaced by a toothy grin.

 

“She’s eleven,” he replied giddily. “Please give her many autographs, hyung. She’ll be really happy.”

 

Baekhyun beamed further at the sound of Jin calling him ‘hyung’ and he glanced at Myungsoo in a way that says: ‘beat that’.

 

Ryu Jin ran back to his room to grab some papers while Mom and Dad excused themselves to prepare some food. Mom whispered to me before disappearing into the kitchen, “Now I understand how you could easily guess the sender of your flowers.”

 

I frowned at her in confusion but she only nodded her head towards something behind her before walking away. I checked what in the world she is talking about and spotted two basketful of flowers resting on our coffee table. I was too pre-occupied with a while ago’s situation that I didn’t even notice it.

 

Tulips and red roses. Both were beautiful but held different meanings.

 

I sighed as I took in the amount of flowers held within each basket.

 

I have to open up a flower shop real soon, I thought miserably.

 

 

***

 

 

“You’re sleeping at the dorm tomorrow, right?” Manager Song asked and it took me a while to realize she was talking to me.

 

“Me?” I blurted, pointing an index finger towards myself. “What would I be doing there, Manager? I have a house.”

 

Manager Song simply rolled her eyes at my sarcasm and stared at me pointedly.

 

“Your family are leaving for Jeju, right?” she asked and I nodded hesitantly. “Well, your mom called me this morning to ask if you could stay at the dorm while they’re gone. They don’t want to leave you unguarded.”

 

I was about to argue back but Baekhyun shushed me by clamping a hand over my mouth.

 

“She’s staying,”  he announced smugly. I extricated his hand from my face and threw him a deadly glare.

 

“I am not,” I spat stubbornly.

 

Manager Song moved her gaze between Baekhyun and I but Sehun suddely went and butted in.

 

“Come on, noona, just stay with us. Please?” he whined, arms wrapped around my waist.  “The dorm misses you. Your room misses you. And we miss you.”

 

“But I have my own house, Sehun. I can do well on my own,” I tried reasoning.

 

“What, you’re afraid to stay with us now? Did you suddenly turn allergic to sleeping under one roof with ten boys?” Baekhyun asked, a challenging smirk plastered on his face. Kyungsoo laughed and offered him a high five. So they’re best friends now, huh?

 

Sehun continued to cling onto me and he was soon followed by Tao and then Jongin. They started using their aegyo on me that in the end, I wasn’t able to do anything but surrender.

 

“Okay, okay. Fine. I’ll stay at the dorm,” I said with hands raised high in defeat. The members cheered as they ran towards me to envelop me in their warm hugs.

 

 

***

 

Later that afternoon, I was scheduled to have a photoshoot with Myungsoo. We are offered to endorse a certain line of clothing that targets the teenage market. It was almost evening by the time we finished and I had just came from the changing room after changing into my own attire when I spotted him talking animatedly to one of the female models.

 

I watched in silence as the lady hit his arm in a way much too flirty for my taste. They laughed together and I could almost hear the female’s exaggerated giggles from where I was standing.

 

I was disturbed from watching when a staff tapped my shoulder and offered me a cup of ice cold Americano. I accepted the coffee gratefully and even took an extra one before walking towards the two persons’ direction.

 

They were still busy talking to each other when I came and I felt my skin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter