Chapter 18

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: So SM released Monster's Dance Practice Video without any announcement (literally surprising the hell out of me) and I felt so inspired after seeing Suho's stomach. Sehun and Jongdae's navels, Yixing's chest, Chanyeol's legs, Minseok and Jongin's body waves, Kyungsoo's jawline and toned figure, and Baekhyun's improved dance skills and fluffy hair and beautiful fingers. So I was saying........ HERE'S THE UPDATE! 

But guys is it just me or Baekhyun's arms are starting to get toned, too? ANYWAY. UPDATE!!!!!

 

 

CHAPTER 18

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

Baekhyun and I headed back to our seats after receiving positive remarks from the director after our performance. I was barely able to sit down when Kyungsoo told me, “I think someone’s calling you, Hanna. Your phone’s been vibrating nonstop.”

 

I raised a surprised brow before plopping down and fishing for my phone inside my small bag. I have left it here after being called onstage and with Kyungsoo sitting beside me, it’s no wonder he could feel it vibrating. I turned the screen on and sure enough, there were multiple missed calls coming from a single person.

 

Myungsoo.

 

Wondering what the matter is, I dialed his number and pressed my phone against my ear. He picked up right after the first ring.

 

“Hanna?” he spoke, his tone frantic.

 

“Oppa,” I muttered in a low voice. “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your calls. I’m in a rehearsal right now.”

 

I could feel the members observing me but I ignored them and kept my head down.

 

“Oh, really? I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb,” he replied quickly in embarrassment.

 

I massaged my temples before speaking, “No. It’s okay. It’s okay. Is there anything you want to tell me?”

 

I heard his deep intake of breath before continuing, “I was hoping we could meet up. I meant to ask you something. But don’t mind it. We could just talk some other time.”

 

I could sense him trying to end the call but I spoke up just before he could say good bye.

 

“No! It’s fine. The rehearsal’s about to end, anyway,” I said and flushed instantly when I realized some artists already shifted their attentions to me. I dropped my head in apology. “Where do you want to meet?”

 

“You know that café near the company building?” he asked breathlessly and I nodded as soon as the image of a brown and white themed coffee shop entered my mind. I just couldn’t remember its name.

 

“Y-Yeah, I think so, oppa,’ I replied.

 

“I’ll wait for you there. What time are you free?”

 

I took a quick glance onstage to check the current performer. It’s Super Junior.

 

“I think we’ll be dismissed in about thirty minutes.”

 

Myungsoo sighed from the other line.

 

“Great. I’ll see you there,” he spoke before bidding goodbye.

 

“Looks like you have a date coming up,” Kai spoke from my other side, wriggling his eyebrows playfully at me. I only shook my head and rolled my eyes before leaning lazily against my seat, waiting to be dismissed.

 

 

***

 

 

“I’m heading out!” I called as I waved the boys goodbye. I didn’t wait for Manager Song to meet us but just sent her a quick text to let her know I’m meeting Myungsoo.

 

“Come back quick!” Chanyeol yelled. I winked at him before scurrying away. I exited through the back of the building, trying to get away from the fans waiting outside, and kept my head low as I navigated the street. The café Myungsoo was talking about was only a few blocks from the building that I didn’t get any trouble looking for it. The bell hanging from the door jingled as I stepped inside.

 

“Hanna-ssi?” one of waitresses approached me as I entered. I nodded my head shyly and forced a smile. “Myungsoo-ssi is waiting for you inside.”

 

I raised a brow in confusion but still followed her as she made her way inside the shop, passing some flocks of couples pre-occupied in their coffee dates. I almost felt envious seeing them. They seemed so happy being with their other half – enjoying a peaceful and cozy moment with just the two of them and the relaxing aroma of coffee beans wafting in the air. I felt my heart tug painfully as I wondered when I will ever get to experience something like that: dating in the open with no crowds of paparazzi spying everywhere. I sighed inwardly and focused my attention on the lady walking ahead of me.

 

She led me into a small room which I realized is meant for those people looking for privacy. She smiled at me before bowing her head and walking away. I heaved a deep breath before knocking on the door and entering. Myungsoo was sitting on a table with his hands firmly wrapped around a cup of coffee. There was another cup, exactly the same as his, placed in front of him.

 

I bowed my head before settling on a seat. He pushed the cup closer to me, offering me a drink.

 

“I hope you’re fond of espresso,” he muttered with a small smile. I carefully took a sip and moaned softly as the bitterness filled my mouth in an instant. The taste wasn’t at all overwhelming. Surprisingly, it was relaxing. I my lips and took another sip. Myungsoo chuckled across from me.

 

“You seem to like it,” he mused.

 

“It’s perfect,” I said, looking up from my coffee to give him a smile. “Thanks, oppa.”

 

He nodded and drank from his.

 

“So… what do you want to talk about?” I asked as I folded my hands on the table. I know Myungsoo didn’t call me out here just to teach me about the wonders of espresso. This is the first time he asked me to meet him outside the company and outside the show. The thought was both shocking and unnerving.

 

“Going straight to the point, Hanna?” he said, clearly amused. I rolled my eyes and shrugged. Myungsoo’s smile faded as he let go of his cup and leaned closer. His eyes shifted towards the wooden table and I observed him silently as he struggled internally. His voice was low and husky when he spoke again, “I’m ready to know the answer.”

 

“Huh?” I blurted. “What answer?”

 

Myungsoo heaved a deep breath before inching closer. His eyes were serious as he appraised me. “Your ex-boyfriend. I’m ready to find out who he is.”

 

My eyes widened as the shock registered. I have thought about a lot of reasons, a lot of things he would say to me once we’ve meet up. But this topic never really crossed my mind.

 

I pursed my lips before turning to him.

 

“I… I think you already know who he is.”

 

“I do?” he asked, brows raised in bewilderment.

 

I nodded slowly.

 

“I don’t think you’d come here without any guess,” I murmured as my fingers began to play with my cup. “You have an idea, right?”

 

Myungsoo stared at me for a few moments before sighing and nodding his head.

 

I smiled.

 

“I want to hear it,” I pleaded. “Tell me who’s on your mind.”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter