Chapter 19

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: I'm so sorry for fangirling so hard in the last chapter but really... MONSTER ERA IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME. Anyway, since my level of being inspired hasn't run out yet, I'm posting another update. There's going to be quite a revelation in this chapter that I know most of you has been anticipating for so long. Thumbs up for those who got their guesses correct! Let me know who you are. ;)

 

 

CHAPTER 19

 

[Byun Baek Hyun’s POV]

 

 

So I was back in my hotel room – marveling at the view outside my window – after watching We Got Married, eating dinner with the group, and indulging myself in a warm bubble bath. We are in Japan once again for the final leg of our The Lost Planet tour here and everyone’s pretty much ecstatic for our upcoming two-day resting period. It’s that time of the year again when we’re relieved from all our Idol duties and are free to do anything we want and go anywhere our feet take us. I have already decided where to spend those two days a long time ago – Jeju – and no one can stop me from going there.

 

A knock sounded on my door, making me frown. Who’s visiting me at this time of the night? It’s almost midnight and I’m already dressed in my pajamas to begin with. My hair’s halfway dry and I’m all set to go to sleep.

 

I sighed in frustration before opening the door and checking my visitor. I was welcomed with Kyungsoo’s wide eyes and impish grin. I raised an eyebrow before lazily asking, “What are you doing here?”

 

He chuckled and waved his hands on my face – each holding a can of beer.

 

“I need someone to talk to,” he answered, still smiling from ear to ear.

 

“Go to Suho hyung,” I ordered pointedly. I was about to close my door but Kyungsoo quickly blocked it with his foot. I glared.

 

“He’s already asleep,” he reasoned but I’m too far from backing down.

 

“Go to Chanyeol, then.”

 

I kicked his foot away and once again attempted to close the door only to have his whole body blocking it this time. I sighed, trying not to explode in anger.

 

“I am looking for someone who would talk to me seriously, Baekhyun. Do you really think I’d go to that giant when all he does is joke around me and piss me off?” he demanded and I wasn’t able to answer. He just kind of has a point.

 

“Go to Jongin’s room, then,” I tried arguing for the third time.

 

“Do you really think I’d ask advice from someone who’s younger than me?”

 

I was about to tell him to go to Minseok hyung only to realize that there is no point in arguing with this guy when he clearly has no plans of changing his mind.  With one final exasperated sigh, I pulled the door wide open and let him in.

 

“Catch,” he says, throwing me a can of beer. I turned around just in time to catch it. One second late and it would have hit me square in the face.

 

“You never strike me as a rule breaker, Kyungsoo,” I mused, opening the can. “Manager Song’s going to kill us if she figures out we drank.”

 

“I was never the obedient type,” he responded with a chuckle as he stood beside me in front of the window. “Besides, it’s not like we’re drinking a lot. A can of beer won’t kill us.”

 

I scoffed and nodded in agreement.

 

“Where did you get these beers anyway?” I asked in wonder.

 

“There’s a bar on the ground floor. The waitress there is really kind and hospitable,” he answered, giving me a playful wink.

 

I threw my head back and laughed. This guy really knows how to work his charms whenever he needs it.

 

“You mean you seduced her?” I asked, still unrecovered from laughing.

 

Kyungsoo gave me a what-the--are-you-thinking look before speaking, “I just talked to her a bit and then asked if they have canned beers. She gave me some in an instant.”

 

He leaned close to my ear as if there’s anyone else around in the room to hear us and added, “For free.”

 

I broke out laughing again.

 

“Okay. Fine. Stop giving me dirty thoughts,” I said, wiping the tears from my eyes. “What did you come here for, really?”

 

He shrugged and took a sip from his beer. Staring back outside the window, he murmured, “Like I said, I need someone to talk to.”

 

“About?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

Kyungsoo took so long to respond that I decided to have a taste of the drink while waiting. His unexpected answer made me choke.

 

“Have you ever fallen in love, Baekhyun?”

 

“What?” I blurted, staring at my now beer-soaked shirt. I frowned in disgust. Now I have to get changed again.

 

He stared at me and repeated impatiently, “I said, have you ever fallen in love?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter