Chapter 48

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: You might find this chapter a little too short but that's because this was originally a part of Chapter 47. I just decided to cut it in half. An Epilogue would come right after this and probably some of the special chapters I prepared due to some readers' requests. Have fun reading! :)

 

//

 

CHAPTER 48

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

My heart was about to jump out of my chest the moment I arrived outside Baekhyun’s room. I stopped to catch my breath, my hand pressed against the cold metal. I bit my lip and mentally prayed for the right thing to happen.

 

I only had two immediate thoughts when I saw that key: one positive and one negative.

 

And I strongly wish it’s the positive.

 

I gulped and leaned my head on the door, trying to listen to what’s going on inside. My heart lurched to my throat when I heard all the shuffling noises and the commotion.

 

Oh, Lord. Lord, please, I began to murmur in my head.

 

I counted one to ten and then another before I finally had the courage to push the door and step inside. My movements were too quick and quiet that none of the people seem to notice my presence. I kept my eyes trailed on the ground, the tumult still ongoing around me, when my attention got caught by the sound of someone’s pleas.

 

“Where’s Hanna?! Call her for god’s sake! I want to see her! Please!”

 

My breathing ceased and I stood frozen on my spot. I was barely able to move my eyes to look at him.

 

“I’m already trying!” I heard Kyungsoo shout back. “I’ve been calling her for ages but she’s not---“

 

Kyungsoo broke off and it might’ve been because he’d already seen me because suddenly, all gazes turned to my direction.

 

Even Baekhyun.

 

“Hanna,” he gasped as he reached out and tried to leave his bed but the cord still connected to his hand stopped him from further moving. He cursed, almost yanking the wire free if not for his mother who immediately came to the rescue. He whimpered and sat back on the bed, the object creaking noisily under his weight. I suddenly felt drowsy. And then I thought of my breathing. Am I breathing right again? Why can’t I seem to think of anything? “Hanna. Love,” Baekhyun murmured again, his voice raspier than usual. “Come here, please. I want to look at you more closely.”

 

My mind is yelling at me to go on and walk but my body cannot seem to find the willingness to move. It’s like I am rooted on where I am standing – my eyes only fixed on his.

 

“Princess,” he continued, reaching out as farthest as his restraints would allow. His voice sounded so different, probably because of his inability to speak for a long time, but the plea was clear in them. “What are you doing there, love? Why aren’t you coming to me? Don’t you miss me?”

 

At that, I broke down.

 

I took tentative steps towards him – each one felt like turning my bones into liquid. I felt like a kid being taught to walk for the first time.

 

I stopped in front of his widely spread arms, staring at them in hesitation.

 

“Hanna,” he whispered and suddenly, I heard myself sob. I threw myself against him – not caring whether he just came from an accident, not caring whether he’s not fully recovered. I just needed to do it to know that this is real. I need him close to me. I need his arms tightly wounded around me. I need to feel his steady heartbeats and breathing to completely convince myself that I’m not dreaming. This is real. This is happening.

 

Baekhyun began to my hair gently with his fingers and I could feel him trembling slightly against me. I heard his faint sniffs and realized he’s also crying.

 

“I’ve missed you,” he said, kissing my hair tenderly. “I’ve missed you so so much.”

 

I tightened my arms around him and pressed my face closer against the curve of his neck. I can’t answer. I can’t speak. I don’t ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter