Chapter 3

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

 

[Byun Baek Hyun’s POV]

 

 

“Has anyone of you heard any news about Hanna?” Xiumin asked as we left the practice room.

 

“None,” Kai answered gloomily.

 

“Nothing,” Sehun whispered with a sigh.

 

We all boarded the elevator. I kept my eyes on my shoes, trying not to listen to them as they continued to talk about her. Hanna hasn’t spoken to anyone of us ever since yesterday and the boys are getting worried about her disappearance. I just hope she’d put some effort to communicate, not to me, but to the members. We’ve just lost another person and I perfectly understand their fear that Hanna might suddenly decide to leave us too.

 

The elevator dinged and the doors swung open.

 

“I kept calling her last night but I can’t contact her. I think her phone’s turned off or something,” Chanyeol complained, stepping out of the elevator first.

 

“I wish she’d show up. I’m worried,” Lay spoke as he followed behind Chanyeol.

 

I slowed down my pace and settled at the end of the group. The fact that they never stopped talking about Hanna is really getting on my nerves. All I need now is peace and distance from anything that could remind me of her.

 

“Let’s talk about that later. We’ve got another problem at hand,” Suho said as we reached the CEO’s office. We all waited behind the door while he knocked.

 

“Get in,” the CEO’s voice boomed from inside.

 

Suho gave us a knowing look before pushing the doors open.

 

My eyes landed on the black and white couches at the CEO’s receiving area. My mind wandered off instantly back to the day I first saw Hanna. I could still remember clearly how nervous and uncomfortable she looked then. My attention got stuck on the couches and I shook my head as I caught myself smiling at the thought.

 

Get your head straight, Baekhyun, I scolded myself and proceeded to stand in front of the CEO.

 

“Well, if it isn’t my favorite group,” he announced sarcastically. He’s seated on his swivel chair behind his desk, flashing a bright smile that doesn’t even reach his eyes.

 

The boys and I bowed our heads and stood in silence as we waited for the bomb to explode.

 

“EXO…” the CEO began to speak in his loud and deep voice. “You boys are just as famous as you’re troublesome.”

 

His eyes scanned us one by one before he continued, his teeth gritted in suppressed anger, “Why are you giving me so much headache?”

 

None of us spoke but I can see the fear reflected in each member’s expression. We all knew this would happen but none of us is prepared enough to face the CEO.

 

“Another member has left, huh? What could possibly be wrong with your group that the members are disappearing one by one?” he demanded and I caught Suho flinch.

 

I bit my lip, anger welling up inside me.

 

How dare he speak to us like that? Do we look like we wanted this to happen? Does it look like we planned it? How could he be such a hypocrite, pretending the departure of our member hurts him when the truth is he never sees us as anything but his money-making machines.

 

“W-We’re sorry, Sir...” Suho murmured in apology but the CEO simply dismissed him with a flick of his hand.

 

“Forget it. It has all been taken care of, anyway,” he answered proudly.

 

The boys began exchanging confused glances. No one seemed to understand what the CEO meant.

 

“S-Sir, w-what are you---“ Suho began to speak but the CEO cut him off again.

 

“Why don’t you ask your favorite dongsaeng?” he asked, his voice filled with challenge. He chuckled and gazed at us as if we’re some sort of entertainment.

 

“You boys always causing trouble… I can now understand why my father placed that poor girl under your custody,” he muttered and the way he talked about Hanna made me even madder.

 

How dare he include her in this conversation?

 

The CEO scolded and threatened us for a few more minutes before he finally ordered us out of his office. My hands were already wet with sweat the moment we left the room. I closed my eyes and breathed in deep, trying to stop myself from punching the nearest wall.

 

“What is he talking about?” Chen muttered as soon as we were out of the room.

 

“Already taken care of? Ask our favorite dongsaeng?” Xiumin added, leaning against the wall. “What does the CEO even mean about that? And why is he including Hanna in the issue?”

 

We all stood in silence. We ought to go back to the practice room now to resume rehearsals but everyone’s too stunned and confused to even mind it. I’d bet everyone’s thinking about Hanna right now, and what she has to do with this controversy.

 

“Don’t you really know where Hanna is, Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo suddenly whispered to me, his tone somehow accusing.

 

I stared at him as if he’s about to go crazy but he looked serious, no hint of humor evident in his eyes.

 

I answered back, “I don’t. Why are you even asking me, Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugged and crossed his arms.

 

“I just thought you might know,” he said in the same accusing tone.

 

I scoffed and leaned closer to him so I could look at him eye to eye. I muttered threateningly, “If I had known where she is, I would have told all of you already.”

 

“You sure?” he challenged with a smirk. I was at the verge of retaliating when Chanyeol suddenly spoke, making me stop.

 

“Found it!” he yelled, catching everyone’s attention.

 

“Found what?” Suho asked. Seated on the floor, he looked at Chanyeol with tired eyes.

 

“What the CEO’s talking about,” he said, his phone held close to his face. “I’ll read it out loud.”

 

Chanyeol moved so he’d be facing all of us. He cleared his throat before speaking again, “’We Got Married Couple L and Hanna Caught Spending the Night Together’.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter