Chapter 46

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 46

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

The boys took the news better than I had expected. With Kyungsoo helping me with most parts, I was able to explain everything intricately from beginning to end. I even managed to retell the happenings after Kris and Luhan’s departure.

 

By the time I was finished, all the boys were silent and ashen-faced.

 

“I’m sorry…” I mumbled weakly which was immediately answered by Suho, “Don’t be, Hanna. We should have seen it coming. It’s impossible to not have any member fall in love with you when you’re that close to us. I guess I’m just disappointed that you lied.”

 

I bit my lip and sighed.

 

“There was never a right chance for us, oppa,” I reasoned, suddenly feeling so small from where I was sitting at a corner. “First we were afraid to confess because we thought it’s still too early for both our careers. Then Kris oppa left and Baekhyun got dragged into a fake relationship. Then I was forced to join We Got Married. Then Luhan oppa left and we broke up. But now we finally got back to our feet and were supposed to come clean…” I stopped to gaze at Baekhyun’s limp figure. “This happened.”

 

The boys nodded their heads in understanding and for the first time in three weeks, I finally felt relieved. It was like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It felt so good to finally not have anything to hide.

 

We were engaged in some serious talks when the door burst open again and Baekhyun’s parents stepped inside. His mom’s eyes were wild when she spoke, “Children, you have visitors.”

 

 

***

 

 

There were hundreds of people I’ve imagined showing up but the two persons standing before me were not included in the list.

 

Definitely. Not. Included.

 

The members stood across them stiffly, eyes glued to the people they haven’t seen for quite a while. I could feel the tension inside the room slowly building up and I somehow wished we could settle this somewhere far from Baekhyun and his parents.

 

“H-Hyung,” Tao spoke first. I noticed his eyes had already turned glassy and I could only imagine the amount of efforts he’s using to try to keep himself from launching at his hyungs.

 

Kris and Luhan didn’t speak but they looked at him.

 

Baekhyun would’ve been really glad to see this. He’s the only one who knows about how these two kept in touch with me and had always wanted to see and speak to them. Too bad he can’t. And what’s worse is that these people he’s always waited for only decided to show up now that he’s bedridden and a step closer to actual death.

 

What I was anticipating was a lot of yelling and foul words filling the air but what proceeded was really unexpected.

 

Tao moved to wrap the two members in his arms and everyone seemed to follow after that. I stood stunned as I watched them hug each other as if their whole lives depended on it. Pretty soon I was able to hear sniffing and muffled sobs.

 

It touched my heart.

 

Baekhyun’s parents excused themselves to grab some food while I was left to watch the boys as they reconciled and catch up. I was smiling like a proud mom the whole time, not even bothering to say a word. The fact that they’re okay now contents me immeasurably.

 

“How long are you planning to stay here, hyung?” Sehun asked Luhan.

 

“Until Baekhyun recovers,” the older replied and all of a sudden, the mood fell.

 

Luhan and Kris seem to notice this sudden shift for they asked, “What’s wrong?”

 

Kyungsoo gazed at me tentatively before weakly answering, “Baekhyun’s parents have decided to cut his life support two days from now.”

 

There was a deafening silence as the newly arrived members processed this news. I could tell they were about to burst out just like I did the past day with Kyungsoo but Baekhyun’s parents suddenly returned and we were forced into keeping our mouths shut. We don’t have any say in this. It’s his family’s choice. And now that I’ve seen it for myself, I guess Kyungsoo was partly right. Whoever that person lying on the bed is, he is definitely not my Baekhyun.

 

 

***

 

 

Next day came and I had to leave the hospital to go to work. I was really hesitant but I had no choice. I still have duties for the company and I don’t want to bother Manager Song even more. She already has a lot on her hands lately. I don’t want to see her break down, too.

 

I was walking along the hallway on the fourth floor when I saw the whole of SNSD headed towards my direction. I stepped aside and bowed my head to let them pass.

 

“Hanna,” Taeyeon suddenly spoke to me. I slowly looked up to see her wide pair of eyes staring back at me in sorrow. “H-Have you visited him?” she asked.

 

“Y-Yes, eonnie,” I answered.

 

“Was there any progress?”

 

I heard the expectation in her voice which made it more difficult for me to shake my head.

 

She sighed.

 

“I thought you could wake him up,” she said, smiling dejectedly. “I thought it could be like those in the movies when the man would easily recover from comatose when the love of his life pays him a visit.” She chuckled bitterly before adding, “I guess it’s not that easy in real life.”

 

I inhaled and held her hand firmly.

 

“He’ll wake up soon,” I murmured, praying that speaking the words itself is enough to ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter