Chapter 31

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Another update (although I've posted the previous one literally just a few minutes ago). I'm on a roll~ I'd probably post another chapter later. Have fun with this one! :)

 

 

CHAPTER 31

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

Time flies so fast when you’re busy.

 

I am spending more hours in the company, stuck inside the practice room, preparing for my nearing comeback stage. Although my new song doesn’t require that much movement, it does require my vocals to be clean and perfect. I can’t use the reason ‘oh I’m so busy dancing it’s hard to keep my voice on point’ because I’d basically be seated the entire performance so I need to make it as flawless as possible.

 

Successfully moving into the new house with my family was the only task I managed to cross out of my to-do list and there are still millions left pending. I am busy – so busy – but it seemed like the reporters and netizens are much busier.

 

I don’t know how it happened but the news about Myungsoo sending a food truck on my music video set broke out the very same night. It caused a total uproar all over the television news and Internet and once again I am caught on a dating scandal with him. I wasn’t that affected though so I managed to easily shrug it off. I don’t know but being linked with Myungsoo over and over doesn’t seem like a surprise anymore. I think I already began to feel so comfortable with him that the idea of dating him had already lost its appeal. I started to feel neutral towards it instead of dreading it so much like before.

 

“Ready to go, Hanna?” Ms. Kim asked while I was crouched on the practice room’s floor, shoving my stuffs back inside my bag. I looked up at her and smiled before zipping it close. I stood and followed her towards the parking lot.

 

“Are you sure you and L aren’t dating?” she asked as soon as we were inside the van.

 

“We’re not, Miss. You’ll know immediately if we are,” I answered quickly.

 

“Well, you look like you two are,” she said with a shrug. “With him being so sweet and caring towards you… And that food truck… I must say that is really… wow.”

 

I sighed and looked out the window.

 

“I don’t think I’m prepared enough to enter another relationship, Miss,” I mumbled which is more than enough to make her silent. The day Luhan left and the day she watched me break down was the day she learned about Baekhyun and I’s secret relationship. I tried talking to her about it a few days after the incident, tried to clear things up for her benefit, but she simply denied; telling me she understands perfectly. And since then, we never brought the topic up – not until now.

 

I fell asleep on our way and woke up only when we’re finally parked in front of the airport. I fixed my hair and checked my face on the rearview mirror before stepping out of the van to meet the boys. As expected, there are fans already waiting outside.

 

Everyone went crazy when they saw me that Mr. Kang immediately had to leave the van just to help drive the fans away from me. I entered the airport’s sanctuary feeling a bit beaten and wrecked. It didn’t take me long to find the boys.

 

“Noona!” Sehun screamed the moment he saw me. I waved my hand as I approached them, only to stop to wait for him with my arms spread wide open as he ran towards me. I gasped as soon as his toned body clashed against mine. This man might grow tall – taller than his own hyungs – but he’ll always be like a baby brother to me. He’ll always be my baby Sehunnie.

 

“Ready to meet Hanna’s family?” Manager Song spoke as soon as their huge group joined the two of us and the boys eagerly nodded before heading towards the exit. Baekhyun and I met eyes for a few moments before I broke the gaze, settling myself beside Kyungsoo who wrapped his arm protectively around my waist as the crazed fans surrounded us again.

 

 

***

 

 

“Come in,” Mom spoke softly as she and dad welcomed the boys from our front porch. I was already inside, my arms wrapped around Ryu Jin, observing them as they stepped inside looking stiff and absolutely nervous.

 

“Make yourself comfortable, boys. This home is yours just as much as it is ours,” I heard dad say and the fact that it did little to relieve the boys’ tension almost made me chuckle. I bit my lip and continued to watch over them in plain amusement.

 

“Hey, you must be Hanna’s younger brother,” Kyungsoo murmured sweetly, kneeling down so that their eyes are level with one another. “Ryu Jin, am I right?”

 

Jin nodded his head and shyly answered, “And y-you’re D.O.”

 

“Kyungsoo,” the older man immediately corrected as his heart-shaped lips spread into a wide smile. “Just call me Kyungsoo hyung.”

 

Ryu Jin obliged and soon all the other boys are crowding around us – all of them eager to be friends with the kid. They were too amused after learning my brother has their names completely memorized that they quickly lined up to test Jin’s skills just like they did during the first time we met. The sudden recollection made me smile.

 

Ryu Jin managed to identify each member swiftly only to get interrupted when ones like Chen, Xiumin, Suho, and Kai asked him to call them by their real names. I was almost glad the whole contest was over when I overheard Jin speak again, making me turn back.

 

“What are you doing here?” I heard him say in his small pre-pubescent voice. My eyes widened in shock and so did the other people in the room.  I saw my mother press a hand over through my peripheral view but my gaze never left Baekhyun who’s standing stunned in front of the younger. He looked rather weak and small in front of my brother which is utterly ironic considering how much he towers over him.

 

I managed to recompose myself just quick enough to save the moment.

 

“Aww, Jin. Haven’t you forgiven him yet?” I asked, holding the kid’s shoulders rather tightly. I leaned down just so my head could rest beside his before looking up towards the older male. “Your hyung already apologized, right? He already said he didn’t mean to beat you in the game. Just forgive him, please? For nooona.”

 

I felt Ryu Jin stif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter