Chapter 5

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Just in case you haven't listened to Davichi's It's Okay, That's Love (OST of It's Okay, That's Love drama), please do. It would be really helpful for this chapter. :)

 

 

//

 

 

 

CHAPTER 5

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

In my dream, I was back in Jeju. Our old house is caught in large flames and billows of smoke scattered all around me. I watched in astonishment as my father ran towards the burning house and plunged himself inside.

 

“Daddy!” I yelled in misery. I tried to run after him but mom held me back firmly. I fell on my knees on the soft seashore sand and cried, sure that I just lost my father – sure that I’ll never see him again.

 

Seconds passed and I opened my eyes.

 

The scene changed right before me.

 

I was no longer staring at the small grits of white sand. I was no longer in Jeju. I am in Seoul, looking at the numerous pebbles scattered on our dormitory’s pathway.

 

I gulped and felt a knot in my stomach.

 

I was well aware of the scene I’m about to witness but it seemed like my eyes are working on their own.  I looked up and that moment unraveled in front of me again.

 

Baekhyun grabbed Taeyeon’s face and pulled it against his. He kissed her and she kissed him back.

 

I broke out into a loud sob.

 

The two of them seem to notice my presence and they turned.

 

“He’s mine now,” Taeyeon said with a wild smirk.

 

“I don’t love you anymore, Hanna. I love her,” Baekhyun added, his eyes filled with apology.

 

 

I sat bolt upright, my hand clutching my throbbing chest. I closed my eyes as I continuously had trouble breathing. I could feel my whole face wet and sticky and tried to wipe it. My hand came away wet not only with perspiration but also with tears.

 

I checked my bedside clock.

 

3:01 A.M.

 

The dreams are back again, I thought, there even came an addition.

 

I sighed and stared at the vacant spot beside me.

 

If only we’re okay, he’d be here by now. And I don’t have to suffer these awful nightmares…

 

A sob broke through me again and I choked. I folded my knees against my chest and wept.

 

How am I supposed to move on with my life if he gave me so much things to remember? So much things to forget?

 

I stayed like that for minutes… hours… I’m not sure. But by the time I realized it’ll be impossible for me to go back to sleep, I decided to go downstairs and make myself busy.

 

You wouldn’t believe how productive a heartbroken person could get.

 

So I headed to the kitchen and checked the cupboard. Sure enough, the ingredients I’ve asked Manager Song to buy was there – stashed neatly at the corner. I’ve been pondering about a gift to give Myungsoo as a token of my appreciation but all I could think of doing was to cook something for him. It was the best idea I could get anyway. I’m good at cooking. And besides, the gift would seem even more special since he won’t be able to  buy it anywhere else. Handmade gifts are always the best options when giving presents.

 

I wore my apron and began to bake.

 

Chocolate and red velvet cupcakes, nothing special.

 

I hummed to myself as I measured the right amounts of ingredients, mixed them properly, poured them in baking molds, and placed inside the oven. I took some time in creating the icing that the cupcakes were almost ready by the time I finished whisking the eggs. I had so much fun decorating the cupcakes that I didn’t even notice the sun already rising from outside. I arranged the cupcakes inside the boxes, one for the chocolate-flavored and one for the red velvets, and hid it away inside the refrigerator.

 

After that, I went to the living room and peeked outside the window. The sun was almost about to rise completely, I realized I don’t have the luxury to even resume sleeping.

 

I went back to my room and just prepped myself up to go to the company.

 

“Oh, Hanna. Why are you up already? You don’t have any schedules for today, right?” Suho asked as we bumped into each other on the stairs.

 

“Ahh yes, oppa. But I need to visit the company. I’ve got some matters to do,” I explained and he let me go.

 

The boys were having a sumptuous breakfast at the living room prepared solely by Chef Do Kyungsoo. He gave me a plate of toast the moment I hit the couch.

 

“Thanks, oppa,” I muttered and he winked at me.

 

I felt someone staring and realized it was Baekhyun. Though it wasn’t me he was staring at. It’s Kyungsoo.

 

I frowned in disappointment.

 

The boys ate their breakfasts in a flash. They were all rushing on their schedule: meet the CEO and fly towards Japan. They’re starting on their international tours now which means everything would turn more difficult and more exhausting for them. They’ll stay there for two days before flying back here.

 

“What’s that, noona?” Sehun asked when I entered the living room holding the boxes of cupcakes.

 

I blushed and stammered, “Uhh… Gifts… For Infinite…”

 

The boys exchanged meaningful glances but didn’t push the topic any further.

 

“Let’s go,” Suho ordered as soon as we heard the familiar honking outside the dormitory. With Kris and Luhan gone, two seats have just been vacated on the EXO-M’s van. It made a perfect excuse for me to go ride with them and stay clear of Baekhyun.

 

“So you’ll be back in the hotel, Hanna?” Chen asked on our way. Since they’re leaving again, I’m pretty sure Manager Song’s going to get me locked up in that private suite once more. She just hates the idea of me being left alone inside that huge dormitory.

 

“Yes. I think so, oppa,” I answered shortly.

 

The boys and I arrived at the company’s parking lot and left the van one by one. I walked towards Manager Song who’s busy fumbling through her hand phone.

 

“C-Can I talk to you for a moment, Manager?” I whispered, trying not to get the boys attention.

 

She looked up from her phone and glanced at me. She seemed to see the urgency in my eyes and nodded.

 

“Go ahead, boys. I’ll meet you at the CEO’s office,” she called out to the members and ordered them to move on with a flick of her hand.

 

“So what is it you want to talk to me about, Hanna?” she asked, turning to face me.

 

I sighed and bit my lip before answering, “I want to push through the plan, Manager.”

 

Confusion took over Manager Song’s features before a spark of understanding shimmered in her eyes.

 

“Y-You mean… the house…” she blurted, suddenly looking nervous.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, Manager. I think it’s time for me to buy a house and move out of the dormitory.”

 

“But---“

 

“We’ve been planning this for so long anyway,” I cut her off. “I’ve already saved enough. And besides, I really miss my family, Manager. I want to be close to them as much as possible. And I think it’s about time we live together again.”

 

“But the boys…” she began, her voice filled with fear and worry. “Don’t you think it’ll surprise them? They’ve just lost another member, Hanna. Please don’t make it seem like they’re about to lose you, too.”

 

Guilt washed over me but I held my ground. I’ve already decided.

 

“I know… But don’t worry, Manager. I’m not going to move out abruptly. I still need some time to convince my parents, anyway,” I explained. “I just want to make sure the house’s ready first. Just in case…”

 

Manager Song nodded in understanding but she still looked sad.

 

“This…” she muttered under her breath. She kept her eyes on me and they were full of pity. “This is because of Baekhyun… right?”

 

I wanted to say no, to tell her none of this is because of him. But that would mean fooling myself. Who am I kidding? Of course, it’s because of him. Of course, it’s because I want to stay away from him. If only things didn’t happen and we’re still okay, there is no way I would move out of that house. It would kill me to be away from him. But that doesn’t apply now. It would kill me if I continue to be anywhere near him.

 

I didn’t speak. I stared back at Manager Song sadly and nodded my head, forcing a bitter smile.

 

She sighed and pulled me into a hug.

 

“I understand,” she murmured as she my hair. “I’ll find you a nice house, perfect for you and your family. I promise.”

 

I closed my eyes and let myself indulge in the small comfort provided by Manager Song’s embrace. Later on she pulled away and ordered for us to get inside.

 

“Oh wait, Manager. I forgot I have another favor to ask,” I said as I ran back to the van to retrieve the boxes of cupcakes.

 

Manager Song stared at them blankly.

 

“Can you please make sure these get delivered to Myungsoo oppa, Manager?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter