Chapter 43

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 43

 

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

 

“Be careful, arasso?” Xiumin murmured before planting a chaste kiss on my forehead. We’re already at the airport but my flight’s scheduled an hour earlier than theirs. I nodded my head obediently and hugged him.

 

The other members followed with their goodbyes. Traditionally, Baekhyun came last.

 

“Have a safe flight, princess,” he whispered, knowing full well how much this newly discovered pet name of his never fails to leave me squirming. He wrapped his arms around me and embraced me tenderly. I don’t know if I’m being biased because it’s him but Baekhyun really knows how to hug. I almost whined in disapproval when he pulled away.

 

“Text me as soon as you get there,” he said before kissing my cheek. I blushed and felt eyes watching us. I looked around and caught Taeyeon standing at a distance. I saw the pain reflected in her eyes before she smiled meekly and turned away. I can’t help but feel guilty now that she’s being overly nice to me.

 

I left after a few more goodbyes and boarded the plane. It wasn’t much of a long travel but I still wasn’t able to keep myself from falling asleep the moment I hit the bed in my hotel room. I woke up hours later only to find my phone flooded with messages – majority of which came from Baekhyun.

 

I chose to text my parents first to tell them I have safely arrived in Beijing before moving on to read Baekhyun’s messages.

 

He was worrying like crazy that I can’t help but smile like an idiot the entire time.

 

‘We’re back at Seoul, love. What about you? Have you arrived?’

 

‘Why aren’t you texting me, Hanna? Are you alright? Did anything happen?’

 

‘It’s been six hours, Hanna. Please talk to me.’

 

I chuckled before typing in a reply: ‘Chill, Baek. I arrived a few hours ago. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you. I fell asleep.’

 

He called immediately after that and we spoke for a few moments before I excused myself to grab some snacks. My stomach’s already rumbling which reminded me that the last time I ate was when I was still on the plane.

 

I left all my belongings and went down to the hotel’s restaurant. I feasted on their Chinese buffet before heading back up after satisfying my hunger. I grabbed my phone to call Baekhyun again when I noticed a message left unread. It came from an unregistered number.

 

I opened the text and almost dropped my phone after reading its content.

 

‘Can we talk? This is me, Luhan.’

 

My hand shook and I stared at the screen, trying to convince myself that I am not dreaming. My heart’s about to burst inside my chest when I punched the call button and pressed the phone against my ear.

 

The call was answered right on the first ring.

 

“Hanna?” he spoke and my eyes automatically shut closed at the painful familiarity of his voice. It’s like being punched in the gut or being kicked on the shin. It was painful. So painful. And I hadn’t realized just how much I miss him until now. Goodness, it felt like forever since the last time I heard his voice. And it feels like literally being stabbed from inside.

 

“I almost thought you’ve decided to ignore me,” he murmured, relief pure in his tone.

 

“That’s a really nice thing you did there after everything that happened, oppa,” I said sarcastically. “A text message? Really? That’s all you got?”

 

He turned silent for a moment before finally speaking, “I needed to make sure first that you hadn’t decided to completely forget about me. You promised, remember?”

 

I pursed my lips, vividly remembering that night.

 

“Yes. And you also promised too,” I replied accusingly.

 

He sighed.

 

“I know and I’m really sorry for breaking it.”

 

My longing suddenly turned to hate.

 

“What exactly do you want to talk about, oppa?” I asked harshly.

 

It took him a while to answer again, probably surprised by my frigidness.

 

“You’re in Beijing, right?”

 

“I am. What about it?”

 

“Until when?”

 

“The day after tomorrow.”

 

“Let’s meet then.”

 

Luhan’s sudden offer left me speechless.

 

“W-What?” I blurted in disbelief.

 

“Let’s meet up. I’ll arrange everything. All you have to do is show up.”

 

I wanted so bad to agree but some part of me rejects the idea. What am I supposed to do once I saw him? What am I supposed to say? Can I handle it? After all the trouble I had to go through when he left? After his betrayal? I know it’s foolish but at some point I actually blamed him for why Baekhyun and I broke up. If he didn’t leave, Baekhyun wouldn’t have had kissed Taeyeon and we would’ve still be fine. But it’s all in the past now. And Baekhyun and I have already made up. So maybe it’s not so bad to give it a shot.

 

“O-Okay,” I answered weakly.

 

I could almost imagine him beaming as he spoke, “Great! I’ll arrange everything. I’ll text you the address tomorrow.”

 

I hummed and ended the call. I dropped on the bed and gazed at the ceiling. Suddenly, my interest towards tomorrow’s photoshoot shifted to something someone else.

 

 

***

 

 

I stared at the black door in front of me, trying to decide for the last time whether it’s best for me to be here.

 

I had rushed towards the address Luhan has messaged me as soon as we wrapped up the shoot and now that I’m here, I’m starting to doubt I made the right choice.

 

Can I do this? Am I really prepared enough to face him?

 

I took a final deep breath before telling myself that an opportunity like this would only knock on my door once. And so, after saying a silent prayer, I knocked and went in.

 

Luhan was seated behind a black mahogany table, his hand folded firmly on top of it. He looked up as I closed the door and I had to struggle so hard to keep myself from running back out the moment our eyes met.

 

He stood up and began to take slow steps towards me, his eyes wide and his mouth slightly opened. He looked like he’s seeing something impossible unfold before him.

 

“H-Hanna,” he murmured and I found myself reflexively stepping back as he drew closer. My back pressed against the door and I suddenly felt so small. He froze and it was only a matter of time when I realized why.

 

Luhan pulled me in his arms and I broke down even more. I didn’t even realize I already began crying. I was totally shaking from head to toe, my chest rising and falling rapidly as I gasped for breath.

 

“Shh… Hanna… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” he whispered over and over. One of his arms is wrapped around me protectively while the other my hair. He tried to console me but being the sensitive person he is, he only ended up crying along with me.

 

I pulled away as soon my sobs subsided and I turned around to fix my already swollen face. Luhan chuckled as he held my shoulders and forced me to turn back.

 

“You don’t have to be embarrassed in front of me, Hanna. You still look beautiful,” he said with a small smile.

 

I bit my lip and looked down. He guided me towards one of the seats before settling opposite me.

 

“You still haven’t changed. I’m glad,” he began, attempting to spark a conversation.

 

I gulped and lowered my head even more. Why do I suddenly feel so shy?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter