Chapter 39

Star-Crossed: The Finale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: Hey, guys! Sorry for the super late update. School's back again and so I'm starting to become busier. But don't worry for I'll try to update as much as I can during the weekends. :) For this chapter's OST, listen to H.O.T.'s Hope or you could simply choose the one sang by all SM Artists. Enjoy!  x 

 

 

 

//

 

CHAPTER 39

 

[Sol Han Na's POV]

 

 

"Dahamkke soneul jabayo geurigo haneureul bwayo 
Uriga hamkke mandeul sesangeul haneule geuryobwayo 
Nuni bushijyo nomuna areumdapjyo 
Majujabeun du soneuro uri modu hamkke mandeurogayo"

 

 

I was standing on the edge of the stage, waving cheerfully at the fans as we performed the concert's closing song - H.O.T.'s Hope. Finally, after all those months of relentless rehearsals, SM Town Concert has kicked to a start. We're at the Seoul Olympic Stadium and the fact that I am standing in front of approximately 70,000 people still felt so unreal. The flow of the program had been near perfect. I was able to perform my solo well and even my duet with Baekhyun turned out pretty fine. Things have turned more awkward between us after I nursed him back to health but all those seem to change when our feet touched the stage. 

 

I had just finished singing my line of the song when an arm suddenly wrapped around my shoulders, making me jump on my spot. I turned and speaking of the devil, it was no other than Byun Baekhyun. I tried to shrug his arm off but instead he beamed at me and pointed his index finger towards a distance. I squinted as I followed the line of direction he's pointing at and saw a female fan (a teenager, I think) holding a black banner with a single word written in neon pink.

 

한백.

 

The fangirl yelled and jumped in delight when she saw Baekhyun pointing at her and she raised the banner higher in the air. My breath caught in my throat when he suddenly leaned close to my ear, his voice low and raspy as he whispered, "What do you say if we give that girl a harmless fanservice?"

 

I scrunched my face in confusion but before I realized it, he's already placed his free hand on top of his head - shaping a half heart. I stared at him open-mouthed for a few moments before he pressed my shoulder blade encouragingly and I had no other choice but to obey and ride along his joke. I raised my arm and met it with his into a full shape of a heart. The fan spazzed first before raising her phone, clearly requesting us to take a picture. I heard Baekhyun's faint chuckle and I can't help but smile, too. We removed our hands from each other when the girl finally lowered her phone.

 

"You know it's going to be all over the Internet, right?" he spoke as he extricate his arm from my shoulders. He continued with a smug and pleasured look on his face, "It's going to stir a lot of rumors for sure."

 

"And you look entirely pleased," I answered back accusingly.

 

Baekhyun smiled and shrugged nonchalantly. 

 

"I don't mind getting involved in dating scandals as long as you're the one I'm being paired up with," he said before winking and walking away.

 

I stared at his retreating figure and scoffed in disbelief. 

 

"It would've been better if I wouldn't end up looking like a mistress," I muttered under my breath. "Don't forget you're in a relationship, you idiot."

 

Great. Just great.

 

 

***

 

 

"CHEERS!" we all exclaimed as we held our glasses up into a toast. All of SM's artists are now huddled up inside a wide hall, celebrating for the success of the first night of the tour. I took a sip of my beer and winced. I haven't tasted any alcoholic beverage ever since that night with Myungsoo and I guess my tastebuds still haven't adapted well to the bitter taste.

 

"Since when did you start drinking?" Baekhyun whispered darkly from behind me. 

 

"A few months ago," I replied without looking at him. I started because of you, I wanted to add but didn't.

 

I was about to take another sip when Baekhyun's hand flew to snatch the glass away. I groaned in complain but before he could completely release it from my grasp, a knock sounded followed by the opening of the hall's entrance. I almost dropped my beer the moment Sungkyu stepped in, followed by the rest of Infinite members.

 

"Oppa," I called out when Myungsoo came into view. Baekhyun's hand's still holding mine and I noticed how he gazed at them first before turning to me and smiling. I immediately let go of the glass and walked to meet him. "W-What are you doing here?" I asked, eyeing him and s.

 

"We're technically a part of the company too, right?" Woohyun was the one to answer. "So we decided to drop by and cheer you guys on."

 

My mouth formed an 'oh' and I nodded in understanding. The other members left to greet the other artists while Myungsoo and I remained glued to our spot. I didn't even realize he was hiding something behind his back until he finally revealed it to me.

 

A boquet of red roses - typical Myungsoo.

 

A few sniggers and meaningful chuckles erupted from the audience and I had to lower my head as I reached out to accept his gift.

 

"T-Thanks, oppa," I stammered, the redness continuously invading my cheeks.

 

"You were absolutely amazing tonight. Congratulations," he said adoringly and I could only form a nod.

 

"Just date each other already!" someone from the back exclaimed and I turned around to see Heechul pointing at us with a beer in hand. The other Super Junior members were nodding around him in agreement. 

 

I was completely frozen on my feet in embarrassment when I suddenly heard Myungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter