#41- Win or Lose and Die

♔Divine You♔(A Infinite Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lightning crashed onto Earth, and the sky was on sparks, as if the entire planet had been electricuted.

Myung Soo stood back as he watch the dancing sparks around his sister, "Wha...what are you doing?!" he shouts, but she does not answer. She continued mumbling as if being possessed by a spirit. Her eyes... They're different, they were glowing light purple. 

"Soo Ri! Stop! Any further... you'll-- you'll...-" Jung Yeop yells from the ground, demanding her to stop but she does not. "SHUT UP!" she screams, and whispers to herself, "This is the only way to end it all!"

And then it went off, whatever that was going to happened. The lightning fell straight to Soo Ri as she concentrate her power before blasting it towards Myung Soo, it happened so quickly, so quick and fast and soundless that even Myung Soo could not see whatever was heading towards him. The light blinded his eyes as the beam went flying to him, he shuts his glowing pupils closed and let whatever that was coming to land on him. With a bitter smile, he said in his head, 'I've lost...'

The phoenix's wings flapped and instantly, the hellfires were extinguished, the enemies faded into nothing, leaving only sparks on the ground where they last stood. A bright purple light was casted on Earth and for an instant, everyone was blinded.

When their sights were returned, Soo Ri panted and coughed hardly as she falls on her knees. She turned her head and saw her friends on the ground, they were okay. Thank god, and the enemies were gone. They've won. She heaved a sigh and smiled weakly, 'I... did...it...'

"Hah....I guess I've lost." Myung Soo mumbles as he muster the strength to sit up right, the guilt in his eyes and the quivering lips as he held in the tears, "Eh..?" Soo Ri blinks dumfoundedly. 

"Mianhae... It's just that, I'm...tired of all of this act." he says.

"Ac...Act..?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't wanted to hurt you nor any of our comrades. I became stronger because I wanted to protect you... After that incident where you got stabbed, and the incident where you found out the memories that I sealed. Of my real parents.. I just.. I didn't wanted you to get hurt anymore... That's why I joined the dark side, so that hopefully I could get stronger and avenge for you. So that...I could protect you and never let anyone hurt you. But, I guess..." his voice cracked and shook as he breathe in deeply, before looking up into Soo Ri's eyes, "I guess that this was a wrong idea since it looks like I've hurt you more.. I promised to protect you, yet there I am hurting you again... and again..and again...."

"Enough...." Soo Ri mutters softly.

"I said an oath to your parents that I'll protect you, that I'll never let anyone make you cry... That you'll only live with the happy moments after their deaths... I'm really the worst..."

"That's enough..." the girl's voice began to shake.

A bitter laugh was let out by Myung Soo as he looks down with guilt splashed all over his face, "I really deserve to die."

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" The divine girl begged, tears welling up her eyes, she smiles softly, "You did that for me... That's the reason enough for me... I'm sorry too, for doubting you.. for hating you... for almost killing you."

Myung Soo chuckles as he recalled the past...

"Myung Soo-ah," Myung Jae calls out to his adoptive son who then obediently walks towards him. "What is it, appa?" the boy replies, his huge eyes staring straight into the adult's.

The two of them then sat at the garden, watching Jung Ri and Soo Ri play with their powers. Myung Jae smiles and turns his head back to his son, "I'm going to have a serious talk with you.."

"Eh? Did.. Did I do something wrong?" the boy replies all flustered. Scratching his head and biting on his lips, "I.. I didn't do anything bad! I was a good boy! I.. I only ate Soo Ri's pudding once secretly! I didn't mean to.. I.. I..." he panic, wondering how to explain to his father about the incident. He waits for the scolding to come but there was only laughter. The boy blinks, puzzled.

"Ha ha ha ha ha... Aigoo.... That's not it, Myung Soo-ah. Aigoo, you're so cute.. *clears throat* What i want to say is that... I want you to promise me.. no.. I want you to make an oath with me." Myung Jae said.

"An oath..? With Appa?"

"Mmhm. An oath.. about Soo Ri. I want you to protect her in the future, that is if I and your Omma failed to do so.. If something happens to us, I want you to protect her with all your might. And never let her cry.. I want her future to be only full of smiles, I don't want her to be traumatized by her past..." 

"Ne.. Appa. I will." the boy smiles as he places his hand on his heart and his eyes glows. Myung Jae pats his head and held him close into a hug, then he whispers, "That includes you too... I don't want you to get hurt, I want your future to be full of smiles too. Arrasso?"

"Mmm..." he nodds.

-Flashback ends-
 

"I must be really a fool." he chuckles, laughing at himself, he then runs his fingers through his messy hair, letting his fringe fall into his eyes. "You don't have to forgive me you know..? I'll understand.. Afterall, this mess is created by me, I am the bad guy... I should end the story by letting a good guy kill me.. That'll be you, Soo Ri-ah." 

The girl shook her head and then she look up with a smile that soon fell into a silent scream as she saw who was behind her beloved. 

The wicked laughter rang her ears as she watch the horror of Min Ri's crooked smile, her sinister looking appearence. 

Why... "Why... Why.. How are you alive?!" the girl screams in frustration, that b-tch... she was the one... the one who brainwashed her beloved Myung Soo. 

"You fool. You have underestimate me alittle don't you think? I won't die because of y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter