#14- Hidden Tears

♔Divine You♔(A Infinite Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Soo Ri's POV:]

 

I went straight back to class after Woo Hyun oppa treated my wound, it was now being covered by a square bandage, and a silky cloth that wraps around my neck to protect it from falling out again. Double the protection!

I skipped silently through the dark hallways that was only lit with the moonlight shining in from the stained glass windows. Finally after sometime, I arrived back into the classroom, "Sorry I'm late." I said, lowering my head, bowing to the teacher in the classroom. Then I lifted up my head, taking a glance at Rae Na who was waving at me at the back. It was Park seongssaeng that was taking over the class, she looked at me from head to toe, "Where were you, Soo Ri-ssi?" she says, almost hissing the words at me.

"Uh... I was, uhm.. in the infirmary." I replied, looking into her eyes directly. She cleared and then she face back to the board, "I see, now return to your seat. You've missed quite a bit of my lesson." I nodded and quickly walked back to my seat, my classmates were snickering at me but I ignored. "What took you so long?" Rae Na asked, whispering to my ears. I threw a sheepish smile, "I met Woo Hyun oppa on the way and he escorted me to the infirmary." 

Her face lit up, and she drooled at the thought of him, "Woo Hyun oppa? How is he..?" 

"Good." I replied, facing the board and taking down the notes that was written on the board with chalk. And before I knew it, I was halfway through copying the notes when Park seongssaeng erased the board. I cursed into my insides. Looking around the classroom, some of my classmates also cursed when she erased the words on the board.

 

She should really stop going so fast on the lessons... Does she even know that we can't even keep up with her lesson..? 

 

I sighed and left a few lines on my notebook, skipping on with the next part of her lesson. "You probably skipped her lessons earlier, didn't you?" a male voice came from my corner— It was kwanghee. 

"Shut up. I didn't." I grumbled, so silently so that Park seongssaeng won't caught me talking in class. I wouldn't want to stay back and clean the class as a detention.

The night went on and on each day until the week was over. The days were getting rowdier and livelier too, I wonder if it was because of vacation that makes the students energetic. Well, since there won't be classes for sometime and they could play, and do whatever they want since there won't be school for awhile. It's hard to think that our school is a prestigious school where rich people go because these kids are like normal students, they play and play.. Especially the males in my level... The thought of them just makes me roll my eyes, how old are they already and still playing like little kids— so childish and immature. 

Finally, our semester had ended and spring break was here.. I watched Rae Na throwing her clothes into her luggage, half fussing about which clothes to bring back. Most of her clothes that she brought back were frilly blouses and skirts, "Should I take boyish clothes back instead..?" she asked, plopping onto her bed.

"Anything is fine you know. I mean well.." I said, looking over to her from my study table "You look good in all kinds of clothes."

She scoffs in reply, "If I bring back frilly clothes, oppa is going to tease me." she said, refering to her older brother. 

"Then why not bring both, like half half?" I replied, going over to her wardrobe and help her pick out two sets of frilly clothes and boyish clothes.

She stared at me then at the clothes I chose, smirking and putting her thumb up, "You're my stylist all right." She said, winking at me.

I giggled in response and shrugged, then after packing she sat on her luggage. Looking at me with concern eyes, "Are you sure you don't want to come with me? You'll be lonely you know?" 

I shook my head and gave her an assuring smile, "I'm fine, Rae Na. Don't worry about me. I'll figure something out." 

She sighs and gave up, "Alright then. If you need anything or something happened, just feel free to call me! I'm always on my phone afterall~" she says, giving a bright smile showing her teeth.

"Alright~ Send my regards to your family for me." I reminded and she stood up, dusting her light purple skirt and took her luggage, nodding her head. Then heading to the door. I grabbed my long cardigan nearby and followed her out, "Where are you going?" she asked, looking at me.

"Following you out and sending you, obviously." I said, staring back at her, confused.

"You don't have to! I'll be out by my own now~" she chirped, pushing me back into the room as she opened the hazel brown wooden door. 

"But-" 

"NO BUT's!" she scolded and turned back, throwing away her stern face and replacing it with a smile before waving and disappearing off to the stairs.

I sighed and shouted at her back, just before she disappear. "Have fun!" Then I turned back and went back to my room, slamming the door and stumbling onto my soft bed. Unknowingly, I drifted off to a little nap.

 

What on earth should I even do now..? For 3 weeks..

...

 

I woke up later around evening, the crows have woke me up with their cawing. I groaned and threw a pillow over my head, covering my ears.. I was still sleepy afterall.

But to no avail, it was getting irritating and I couldn't get them to shut up. "Urgh...." Finally, I gave up and pulled myself up, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the fatigue and sleepiness. I turned to the clock nearby and it reads..

 

5.56PM.

 

It was soon dinner time, and I forgot. Rae Na isn't here. Which means that I have to eat alone for dinner. How depressing. I walked towards my closet and took the long cardigan I wanted to wear earlier, and wore it. Along with my sling shoulder bag with my necessities— some cash, a lip balm and my cellphone. I took one last look at myself at the mirror, straightening my clothes then I left my room.

The dormitory was deadly quiet and it felt abandon. Well, I guess most of them went back. Afterall, it's the first break in such a long time.

I passed by the stairs and went down to the hall, there, I spotted 2 girls. It was the head dorm mistress and her assistant—Kyu Ri and Sae Jun. The both of them turned to my direction and stood up, "Soo Ri? What are you doing here?" Kyu Ri asked.

"Ah.. Uh.. I didn't went back." I replied. Walking towards her.

"Why not? I mean it's so long since we had a break. Don't you want to visit your family?" she said.

 

Family.. Huh..? I wonder do I even have any. Even if I do, they're probably dead.

 

"Family.. I don't have one." I replied, showing a flustered smile.

"Eh?" her eyes shot up.

"They're probably dead. I grew up without having one." I said.

She bit her lips and refused to look at my eyes, "Ah. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

I shook my head and wriggled my arms, "Kwaenchana.. I'm used to it. Don't worry about it."

"Ne..." 

"So what are you two doing here?" I asked to get rid of the moo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter