#40- Forbidden Spell

♔Divine You♔(A Infinite Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Ri's POV:

I stood dumbfounded, watching the chaos that befalls me. It reminded me of the scene that happened a long time ago.. When Appa and Omma got killed. Fire was blazing, people were screaming, and vampires were fighting. It was like deja vu.

And then there was a man standing with his devilish purple glowing eyes. "My dearest little sister..." he mumbles and I stared right into his eyes like what he did to me. "Myung Soo... oppa?" I called out.

I was stunned, too stunned to do anything but watch the horrors, Jung Yeop ahjussi was infront of the school building, defending it. Sung Jong oppa and Sung Yeol oppa were facing off with using their powers of ice and puppets. "Eish! They won't stop appearing. How many on Earth are there?!" the older one shouted. Sung Jong, on the other hand, was focusing on controling the enemies like they were puppets. But despite being more powerful then the ones they are fighting, they were out numbered.

Dong Woo oppa was trying to control the black fire that was spreading fast and wild, "It's no use, Dong Woo hyung. These are hellfires. One that you can never control." Myung Soo oppa smirks and the pyrokinesis boy clenched his teeth and hands, not giving in. Sung Kyu oppa, Hoya oppa and Rae Na were fighting off those around them, destroying the ground... to turning trees into monsters and to flying metal weapons. 

"Oppa... Why.. What.." I muttered, why was he doing this? Why was he creating war? And why did he became like this? My mind was flooding and I couldn't simply understand why was all of this happening, was it because of me? Then I heard footsteps, and footsteps of him, nearing me with that deadly aura of him.

I backed away, one step and two. But he shot two black ball to my sides, penetrating whatever was behind me and controling the life of it. I turned, and saw the two rose bushes behind me were slowly losing their lifespan, before disappearing into nothing but thin air. My fists shook and I bit my lips, lightning crackled between my palms, purple ribbons slowly forming and then I reached my hands out to him, a thousand lightning shot out from my hands, but none got him except for one that cut his cheek. Blood oozed out and trickled down, but he merely smirk and within seconds, it disappeared. I had forgotten, Divine bloods can heal themselves in no time.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, dongsaeng ah." he chuckles, his hand reaching to the cut that I gave him earlier, then gently rubbing it. My eyes widened in horror, then I finally realized, why he was doing all of this... I am the person that took his family, not once, but twice... Of course he wants to kill me. Of course he wants me dead. My head drops, and I started giggling, "Ah.... I see... Now I finally know.."

The next thing I knew, rain drops fell from my eyes as I looked up, "Oppa, you want to kill me right..?" I said, and watch his smile fade, he blinks back his surprise of my tears, but show no defeat. Instead he snickers, then his eyes widened in fury and his lips curled up into a sinister smile, "Geudae... Geudae!! I want to kill you. I WANT TO KILL YOU SO BAD!" he yells.

I spread my arms apart, and smiled gently. "Then come... and kill me." 

My eyes slowly closed, and my mind speaks, if killing me can ease his hatred, his guilt, his dispair and his regret.. Then I would gladly die for him. Afterall, Oppa has been protecting me, always giving into me and always loving me. Even though I am the one who took his everything. If I were no more alive, he would feel better... Yes... all I have to do is... 

 

Die..

 

"Yes... very well.." I heard him say. 

So I wait for the pain... Wait for everything to end. Wait for me to be awake in another world....

 

But the pain never comes..

 

-POV ENDS-

 

Soo Ri stood there, unarmed waiting for the attack, the pain. But it never came. Instead, a bright line shone before her eyes, blinding everyone nearby. When she opened her eyes, she saw light... and a male figure infront of her. 

'Am I dead...?' she thought, blinking her eyes a few times to make sure. But she wasn't.

Still stunned by the light, she stood there blankly. "Ah...." Myung Soo groans, "You again... Wae? Why did you protect her? Do you still have feelings for my cute..little.. dearest.. dongsaeng, Woo Hyun hyung?" 

Woo Hyun's eyes narrows and glares into the younger brother's eyes. Yellow eyes against purple eyes. Those words that he said, made Woo Hyun annoyed and it hit a nerve in him. 'How dare he..'

"Myung Soo.. you..." Woo Hyun grits his teeth, then bares his fangs out.

"Mwo? Mwo?!" the younger one shot back.

"You told me to protect her, you told me to be her guardian! And yet.. you.. of all people.. are hurting her! I... did.. an oath with you! I swore I'll protect her!" Woo Hyun shouts.

"Woo Hyun oppa..." Soo Ri mutters from behind. "It's alright.. I deserved this."

"Shut up!" he roars at her, and the girl flinches at his loud, fierce voice. "You don't deserve anything. ANYTHING LIKE THIS! You went through so much.. So much pain. Cried a million times and shed an infinite tears. You of all of us, went through the most. But you don't deserve to be treated like this. You deserve something better. A better life, and hell I would exchange my life a thousand times for you to have a happy life."

"But...Everything is happening because of me... The reason why everyone is fighting, the reason why blood is shed and lives lost. ALL BECAUSE OF ME!" she cries, her hands covering her eyes, tears just kept coming and she couldn't stop it. "Why..."

"Stop being weak! You are strong, so stop throwing your life away just to satisfy him!" someone shouted and Soo Ri turns, it was Rae Na.

"Rae Na..?" both Woo Hyun and Soo Ri said, as they watch the girl stood before the entrance of the dorm, where it leads to the underground tunnel.

"IDIOT! Don't come out!" Jeon Na shouts, from afar as she notice the human stood bravely, "GET BACK IN THERE, RAE NA-AH!" 

Myung Soo his head, and Min Ri appears. Her evil high-pitched laughter rang their ears, she claps, "Wa... such a romantic, touching reunion of the siblings, and such a heart-wreching words from your friends. You lucky little sister." she said to Soo Ri. "But play time is over." 

"Do it." she whispers to Myung Soo.

His hands shook, hesitating.. 

 

'Do it...'  the devil inside of himself also said. 

 

Then there was black sparks around him, growing stronger and bigger, spreading around it like a typhoon. The girl's eyes widened but she stood still, like a puppet. "Everybody get down!" Woo Hyun shouted and then it went off. In that split second...

 

The black typhoon released itself, swirling outwards towards everyone. Something collapsed onto Soo Ri as she shut her eyes, the impact was strong. Too strong. When she opens her eyes, she saw Woo Hyun on her, and the light rays shielding her and Woo Hyun shatters into a thousand pieces. "Ugh..." he groans. Soo Ri shifted her body and holds Woo Hyun up, "Woo Hyun oppa...?"

He smiles weakly, "That was close... I'm a really good shielder right?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter