Not Possible | Jimin, You

Collection || BTS [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Cause I'll love you over and over again

  

He had seen you around campus a lot before, and you would be lying if you said you hadn't noticed him too. With his luscious brown hair, always styled into a middle parting, and his gorgeous eyes which seemed to always sparkle despite where he was. Not to mention his smile, one that could light up the whole world. When he smiled, his mouth would open wide to reveal his perfect teeth, his face would lift so much that his eyes would turn into bows, creasing like paper at the sides. It was a sight that made you believe in angels. No one was to blame if they did a double take on him.

"What are you looking at?" someone whispered into your ear and you jumped, turning to look at your best friend following your gaze to the handsome boy sitting two tables in front of you with his eyes drilling through a textbook.

You shrugged, looking back down into your own, "Nothing."

"Hmmm," you saw her nod through the corner of your eye and cross her arms over her chest, "I see everything, Y/N."

"I don't know what you're talking about," you feigned innocence, looking up again to get another peep at him but he wasn't there anymore. You turned around, scanning the library for him and slouched into your seat dejectedly when he was nowhere to be found.

"Be less obvious, Y/N, please?" your friend pat your arm and got up.

Your death glare followed her back as she left, annoyed. If she hadn't interrupted, you would have had a bit more time to feast your eyes before he had left the library.

"Is anyone sitting here?" a voice you hadn't heard before asked when you turned to see who it was, you nearly choked on your saliva.

It was him.

And he looked even better up close.

"Huh?" you whispered back, your eyes immediately zipping to the seat he was once sitting in, to find it occupied by someone else, "Yeah – I mean no – you can sit here."

It was the first time you had stumbled over your words and you cursed your mouth for making that mistake. You needed to make a good first expression.

He sent a smile your way before sliding into the seat. You averted your eyes, trying to control your heart that was racing faster than it ever had before.

After about 30 minutes of killing silence (what else would you expect in a library though?) you felt something move next to you and just like that your heart rate went up again. As he moved side to side, stretching his waist, his eyes glanced over your book, "Hey, you're doing Art studies?" he asked.

You felt your response delay slightly as it took a while for you to realise he was talking to you, "Huh? Uh, yeah I am," your face lit up, "Why? Do you?"

To be honest, even though you were half way through your semester you still didn't know his major. Sure, you saw him walking into his lectures often but you still didn't know what he did exactly.

"No," he shook his head, "But a friend of mine does, do you know a Kim Taehyung?"

You wracked your brain for the name, it was hard because you found that whenever he would say anything to you, your mind went completely blank.

"Oh, yeah, I think I've heard the name," you gave him a smile (which – you had to admit – was pretty easy seeing as you felt like a teenage schoolgirl talking to him), "Is he the one who gets straight A's?"

Him chuckling was not what you expected it to be. The soft up and down of his shoulders, and the slight close of his eyes with his pearl teeth on display.

Blinking rapidly, you bit your lip, hoping it would help cope with how your breathing shortened.

"Tae gets A's? That's a surprise, but a relief I guess," he turned back to you, "I'm not in Art though, I wish I was."

Not that you weren't already intrigued by him, but the way you leaned forward and resting your chin in the palm of your hand showed that it was possible to get more curious.

"Why? What do you do?"

"I'm in bio-med," he said simply and you fell back into your chair.

Could he get more perfect?

He noticed and gave you a laughing smile, "Why? What's wrong?"

"And you wished you did Art? I wish I was smart enough to do Bio-Med," you muttered under your breath but he seemed to hear if his laugh was any indication.

"I wish I was creative enough to do Art," he shot back and you wished you could just pull your hoodie over your face to hide the growing blush on it.

"I'm not that creative, you should ask your friend, Taehyung."

Jimin nodded, "I doubt you're not that creative," he nodded at your notebook cover on which you had sketched a portrait of your mother, "That's really good."

This time you really did hide your face, looking to your lap, "Uh, thanks."

"By the way, I didn't get your name."

Your eyes darted up to look at him as he looked back expectantly.

"Y-Y/N," you let out while holding your breath.

"I'm Jimin."

--

"Can I sit here?" a familiar voice asked and you spun around to see the same warm smile you were starved of for a week.

"Y-Yeah," you moved your things and let him occupy the space.

"We meet again," he said while organising his stationery.

"Y-Yeah."

"You don't say much, do you?"

"Y-Yeah," you nodded without realising what you had said and then turned to face him, seeing him smile to himself as he flipped through his textbook.

You sighed silently, facing your notes on Édouard Manet and trying to forget he was even there.

But even you knew that was impossible.

After about an hour of pure studying, you heard the chair beside you creek and you realised Jimin was now leaning over your shoulder, looking at the pictures of the paintings in your hands. You held your breath. Maybe if he thought you were too indulged in your work he would shift away.

He didn't.

"I like that one," he pointed to one of the paintings, 'The Balcony' and you smiled.

"It's my favourite too."

His face brightened and he tiled his head to rest on his hand as he placed his elbow on the table, looking at you.

"Really? Why?"

"Well, the really short answer would be because of all the detail, but if I were to explain, like, here you can see the very faint image of somebody – perhaps the butler? Looking over at the two women and the man. It's very hard to see but it's there. And then there's the umbrella this woman's holding, honestly it looked like a gun to me at first. I supposed she was a maid? While this lady is probably the resident of the house they are in. I guess the painting just shows the reality of what life would have been like in the 1860s and it makes me feel like I was there, despite being born more than a century later."

Your eyes flickered over to Jimin and you realised you were rambling. Kicking yourself, you hoped he didn't think you were some art freak, I mean, who would find a painting this simple to be so great?

"Uh, what about you? I'm guessing you like it for the same reason?"

He shook his head, "I like the dog," Jimin pointed at the painting, making you laugh. "But yes, all that nostalgia stuff too."

"My degree can get very boring, I'm sorry," your smile wasn't leaving.

"Don't apologize."

Suddenly the table started vibrating and you looked around frantically for the source. Jimin reached for his phone and realised it was ringing.

"Yes, Tae?" he hissed into the phone. After a few back and forths, he hung up (you tried not to make it look like you were listening in on his conversation) and he turned to you.

"I'll see you around," he said while packing up his things.

You nodded, trying to hide your disappointment, "See you around, Jimin."

--

"Taehyung," Jimin burst into his dorm room, finding his friend sprawled across the sofa, looking at him over the table.

"Wha-"

"Do you know a Y/N?" he asked, crouching in front of Taehyung and his eyes flew to the ceiling in thought.

"Uh, I think so? Why?"

"She does Art, she knows you, how do you not know her?"

"I think I do, but why? Is she the girl who gets straight A's?"

"She said that about you," Jimin raised his eyebrow and Taehyung nodded.

"Yeah, well not that many people in our class get straight A's, we kinda identify ourselves by our grades, don't you Medical people do that too?"

"No," Jimin shook his head, "We don't do that too."

"Well then I guess it's just an Art's student thing," he put the book he was reading down, "But why do you want to know?"

"Just, because," Jimin got up, ruffling his friend's hair before going into his bedroom to change into his pyjamas.

He didn't want to admit but he found you not just adorable but... stunning. The way your hair would sway every time you moved, the way you batted your long eyelashes when you were shy, the way your smile would reach your ears and then there were your large liquid brown eyes he loved looking into.

He smiled obliviously as he thought about you, knowing that he needed to see you again. The library wasn't his ideal studying spot as the overcrowding people in that little space would always prevent him from focusing. Who would have known Taehyung having a get together with some Art friends at his dorm room forcing him to find another place to study would lead to meeting you?

Remembering back to when he listened to you talk about an artist whose name he couldn't even pronounce, he loved the way your eyes lit up and you used your hands animatedly. You had a passion for Art that he found intriguing.

"So you two do share some classes?" Jimin yelled through the door as he changed his shirt.

"Okay, why do you keep asking for her?" Taehyung opened their bedroom door and asked.

"Are you asking because you don't know?" Jimin teased, throwing his used shirt over Taehyung's head but he wasn't fazed, pulling the shirt off and tossing it into the laundry bin.

"Do you like her?"

"I... I don't think like is the word I would use... yet."

"Oh my gosh," Taehyung covered his mouth in disbelief, barely making it to the bed before his legs gave way. "You actually like her? The great Park Jimin who couldn't even be slain by the prettiest girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter