Not Today | Jungkook, You

Collection || BTS [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Not Today

Type: Scenario | Texts | Chatroom | Drabbles | Reactions | Outfits

Pairing: Jungkook, You

Genre: Fluff | Angst | Friendship | Other -

Words: 1413

Summary: Jungkook is your best friend, but you start seeing him as more.

 

In most girls' eyes; you were lucky. And you understood why they thought that; you had an amazing best friend, one who was smart, caring, good looking, just the full package. He would walk with you to school and walk with you home from school. You two were so close that sometimes to get people off your backs about a few things you would pretend to be dating – and people actually believed you. But somewhere along the line, things changed. When he would come up to you with his arms open wide and his bunny smile playing on his lips, you felt your stomach flip over and over again. When he would walk up to you in the middle of his basketball game, with his tank top sticking to his chest, drenched in sweat, asking for his water bottle, you felt your heart speed up and you could never slow it back down. When he would sing for you because you two were bored, you started to hyperventilate, not being able to breathe properly.

That was when you knew; he was more than just a best friend to you.

That realisation gnawed at you every day when you two were together because it made you sit on the edge of your seat; whenever he would do something remotely kind, you were up at gone. You couldn't risk falling in love with him, because you knew he didn't feel the same way.

You would be dumped in complete humiliation and would lose a valuable best friend.

"Y/N-ah?" you heard his voice call you and you scrunched your eyes closed. You knew he was going to be here, why did you risk coming?

"Hey Jungkook," you said slowly, turning around to face him. It was market night in the local city square and the whole courtyard was filled to the brim with people, yet his presence made you feel unnerved to the point where you couldn't even look up to the food signs.

"You didn't tell me you were coming!" he said, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. Recently when he would do things like this to you, you found yourself over-analysing a million things in the one second. If you shoved his arm away, you might be preserving your sanity but you would be exposing a dent in your relationship with him, however, if you left it there, you would be risking losing your mind even though your relationship with him may be saved. You chose your sanity over all else and shrugged his arm off, turning to look at him so it didn't seem too rude.

Oh boy was that a mistake.

When your eyes met his, you saw a flicker of shock run through it before his face was painted again with his usual happiness as he looked at something behind you.

"Y/N it's..." his words became inaudible as you stared at his features, and couldn't rip your eyes away.

Oh his smile was so adorable, there was no other word for it. The way the top teeth rested slightly on his bottom lip was somewhat intriguing for you and you had no idea why. His eyes were incredibly large and when they widened as he saw something interesting, made you want to stare at them all day. His luscious dark brown hair which would sometimes be hanging over his forehead or split into two parts atop his head, made you want to run your fingers in them all the time.

"Y/N-ah?" a voice shook you out of your trance and your eyes widened as you saw him looking at you with a confused expression on his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter