Doubt It | Taehyung, You

Collection || BTS [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys this is very angsty so I apologise in advance, and if you want to feel this story a bit more, listen to Breath by Lauv, or read the lyrics!!

This story is based off of that song :) 

I should leave, 'cause you deserve better, better

 

You wrapped your arms around his broad shoulders, causing him to smile. "What's up?" he asked, rocking you from side to side.

"You," you told him and he shook his head.

"Was that meant to be funny?"

You sighed, "Yeah..."

"Babe, don't do that again, please," he said cheekily and you jabbed his waist. "Ow!"

"So, what are we having for dinner?"

"That hurt!"

"I've never heard of that food?"

His pained expression turned mischievous when he turned to look at you.

"What?" you asked, slanting back, but his arms locked around your back and you couldn't move.

You leaned down and his lips lingered a few inches away from yours for a bit, causing you to close your eyes expectantly, but he hadn't done anything.

Opening one, you saw him staring at you with laughing eyes.

"Yah!" you jabbed his waist again but instead of falling back in pain like he always would, he just pulled you closer, the same smirk playing on his lips, and kissed you.

His kisses always made you feel above the cloud, soaring higher than any sky scraper the city had to offer. He knew just how to make you feel special and how to treat you with the utmost delicacy but make it seem passionate at the same time.

"I don't think I'm hungry anymore," you panted against his lips when he tore from you and he stared laughing.

"Neither."

--

I've watched those eyes light up with a smile

River in the not good times

Oh, you taught me all that I know

You jumped up when the door opened, running to see who had just walked in.

"Hey you," his soothing voice rung through the house and you finally felt full.

"Hey," you hummed, taking one of the grocery bags he was heaving and putting it on the kitchen table.

When you turned around, he was standing there, watching your every move. You loved how he could always pick up when you weren't feeling a hundred percent okay.

"What's wrong?" he asked, taking a step closer to you after putting all the bags down.

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong," you lied. Truth be told, you and Taehyung were drifting apart, you two hardly ever saw each other and this made you want to cherish every moment you had together. So you didn't want to ruin the mood by bringing up the stress you were feeling at work, as well as the fear you had of losing him.

"Yes, something's wrong," he brushed your hair out of your eyes, "What's bothering you?"

"Babe," you laughed, hoping he would brush it off, "Nothing's wrong! We should probably get started on movie night before you have to leave again."

He looked at you for a while before sighing and taking your hand in his, "What movie are we watching?"

"Barbie and the Diamond Castle!" you lifted up the DVD and showed him.

He groaned, rolling his neck, "Not Barbie again."

You giggled, linking arms and pulling him to the couch, "Don't talk about her that way."

Opening the case, you pulled out the disk and showed him.

"And that was just the case anyway, the movie is The Shining."

"Actually!" he sat up, "I wouldn't mind watching Barbie, do you have it?"

--

I've seen your soul grow just like a rose

Made it through all of those thorns

Girl into the woman I know

You sobbed into your hands, images of the day's events rushing to you every time you tried to forget them.

When your boss criticised your work, not giving any care to your feelings, and bluntly naming everything you had done trash, and words which weren't as nice.

And then as if that wasn't bad enough, your colleagues insulted you for not knowing proper grammar, as well as not knowing how to act toward new clients when they wouldn't comply with your requests.

It was a full day of being ridiculed and you couldn't wait till you got home to do exactly what you were doing; sulk in the corner.

Your weeping was so loud you didn't hear the door click open, but you did hear a familiar voice exclaim your name in concern.

You didn't bother to look up when two strong arms enveloped you, partly because it just made you cry harder. You basked in the scent you loved so dearly, and it made you feel so warm, so safe.

"Baby," his voice whispered and you just turned to bury your head in his chest.

He didn't say anything after that, just let you bawl your eyes out for as long as it took.

When you thought you were done, you took a deep breath, tearing from him and looking down.

"What happened?" he asked softly, trying not to push you too hard but you knew you had to tell him, everything always got better when you told him.

So you did.

And you saw his chocolate brown eyes turn ever so sympathetic, he didn't say anything but his eyes spoke wonders.

You knew he understood.

You knew he cared.

And tomorrow you knew you were going to go back to work and show everyone that they cannot put you down without your consent.

Because he was right there to back you up.

--

And it's killing me, me to say "I'm fine," "I'm fine"

When I really mean, mean to say...

When he walked in, you felt his mood hit you like a ton of bricks.

He was not his usual self.

"Tae," you spoke, reaching out to him but he withered at your hand, going straight to the bedroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter