Whatever | Jimin, You

Collection || BTS [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Type: Scenario | Texts | Chatroom | Drabbles | Reactions | Outfits

Pairing: Jimin, You

Genre: Fluff | Angst | Friendship | Other -

Words: 1294

by request

Anon asked : An imagine where Jimin really can speak English but he doesn't want to tell his gf because he is embarrassed about his accent pls? Thank you

 

Jimin had been learning English earnestly for four months now, with the help of Namjoon, and the up and coming English master Jungkook. He had learnt many phrases and words which would be able to help him go through everyday life in an English speaking country.

"Okay, let's test it out," Namjoon said one day when they were lazing in their practice room, after an hour of yet another English session.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's see you go through this whole day by speaking only English," he said.

"What happens if I break?" Jimin asked, raising an eyebrow, liking the challenge.

"You have to do whatever we say for a week," Jungkook said.

"I dunno," Jimin started to back down, afraid of the idea of being Jungkook's Dongsaeng, "I don't think I'm ready for it."

"It's not like we have any schedules today," Namjoon said, "we just have dance practice for the rest of the day, you'll be fine. What do you say?"

"What will you guys do if I win?"

"We'll take you out for barbeque," Namjoon said, knowing that now he had just made an offer Jimin couldn't refuse.

"Alright," Jimin caved, "just today."

"Asa!" Jungkook said, shoving a fist in the air.

Bold is what is said in English

"Don't celebrate just yet," Jimin looked up at him.

"Whatever hyung, I know that I'll be celebrating soon though," Jungkook gave him a cheeky smile.

"Why do you think that?" Jimin asked.

"Because you won't last an hour," Jungkook laughed, "not even an hour."

"I'll just prove you wrong," Jimin said to him.

The most Jimin had said in front of others in English was a simple 'Hello' or 'I love you' to his fans from overseas. He had never tried to say more, because of his accent. He knew well enough that his accent wasn't even close to clear when speaking English, it was truly meant for Korean, and Korean only. Speaking English in front of the members was a different story, although they would mock him for his accent and failed attempts at guessing the right words for the right situations, they would help him out to find the right words, and try to shape his accent to make his words more understandable.

"AAAHHH!" a voice yelled from the door. In came the rest of the members, along with their manager and dance instructor.

"Okay kids, let's start."

"Alright!" Jimin stood up, full of confidence.

It had been a few hours, a few tiring hours but Jimin stayed strong, speaking his learnt English every second he got, impressing Namjoon, Jungkook and the rest of the members.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, when they were having a break, glancing over at Jimin's worried expression while looking down at his phone.

"She's coming," Jimin said to him.

"Who?" Jungkook asked, "Your girlfriend?"

"Yeah," Jimin nodded.

"Why is that bad?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter