Congratulations | Namjoon, You

Collection || BTS [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Congratulations

Type: Scenario | Drabbles | Reactions

Pairing: Namjoon, You

Genre: Fluff | Angst | Friendship | Other -

Words: 1232

Summary: You overslept during the Awards show and didn't know that BTS won the Daesang until Namjoon called you

 

Namjoon had trouble sleeping, he was dog tired from the morning radio interview, afternoon outdoor concert, evening award ceremony and finally the after party for that awards ceremony that he was so sure that when he hit the bed, he would immediately fall asleep. Which was why it was annoying that he just couldn't seem to fall asleep. Despite it being the time that people normally give up on sleeping, he didn't really follow a proper sleep schedule. Due to BTS's numerous events which were spread out throughout the day, Namjoon's old sleep-at-12-wake-up-at-6 routine had been thrown at the window.

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair and reached for his phone, the only thing on his mind being you.

Pressing the second number on his speed dial (number one was his mom and, even though you whined and asked him to make you number one, his mom was not budging), he sat and waited patiently for you to answer, nothing but a smile on his face.

"Who's this?" your tired voice answered on the other line.

Namjoon's face fell.

"I call you at two o'clock in the morning just to hear your voice and you answer 'who's this?'"

"Oh! Namjoon!" you sat up in your bed and rubbed your eyes, "Good..." you looked down at your phone screen, "morning? Why are you up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep," he answered simply and then you shook your head.

"Why are you calling me then? You should put some music on and try sleep, you'll be too tired to work tomorrow- today."

"Wow now I can't even call my girlfriend anymore," he gasped.

"Namjoon, it's two in the morning, you can't blame me for being grumpy, I am not a morning person."

Namjoon chuckled, "This is why I love you."

"I love you too, now get some sleep, please, I don't want you fainting in the middle of performing."

"You didn't congratulate me," he cut her off before she could hang up.

"Huh?"

"The award, you didn't congratulate me," he repeated himself.

"What award?"

He sighed, "You know what? Never mind," shaking his head, he muttered under his breath, "I give up with you."

"Wait, Namjoon-"

"Y/N," he cut you off, "I'll do what you asked and go to sleep, good night."

"Namjo-" before you could finish your sentence, he hung up, leaving you to stare at your phone, confused.

Award?

You straight away opened Naver and the first news article was right there, 'BTS wins Daesang'.

You shut your eyes, immediately regretting choosing to sleep early over watching the ceremony. Thinking back to Namjoon, you flopped back onto your bed, looking at the ceiling. He was one to hold grudges, and you realised that before he got too worked up over this little 'mistake' of yours, you had to make it up to him.

Heaving your tired self out of bed, you put on a coat and looked around for your keys.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter