You Can't: Scoups FT Jun/The8

Seventeen One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ You're what?!” Glass shatters, the small crystal shards fly across the floor. Seungcheol cringes as he sees blood dripping from where the shards are in Ari's ankle. She doesn't even feel the pain, all she could think about was what her best friend had just said.

“ I'm getting married.” Seungcheol repeats slower this time. He walks carefully to the pantry where he finds a broom, and starts to sweep up the shards. Ari still tries to process what is happening.

“ To who?!” She asks, now she winces at the stinging from where the glass was nestled into her ankle.

“ Yubin.” He said throwing away the glass.

“ YUBIN?! The girl who you've barely been seeing for two weeks!?” Ari screeches.

“ Yes okay? Goddamnit Ari I thought you'd be happy for me!” Seungcheol said frowning.

“ You can't be in love with her. She comes out of no where, and says she likes you. Then being the nice guy that you are you agree to date her. Now she wants to get married?” Ari asks.

“ Yes. My dad said it would be good for our company since her father's a big sponsor and contributor.” He replies as he drags the dark haired girl to the living room. Sitting her down, he walks to the bathroom, coming back with tweezers and the first aid kit.

“ So you're marrying her because your dad said so and not because you love her. Cheol, that is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard you say. You can't marry her!” Ari exclaims as the man uses the tweezers to remove the shards. Ari winces as she feels the warm blood drip down.

“ Ari. You aren't my mom, I can marry her if I want to. Besides, she's sweet and really loves me.”

“ But you don't love her do you?” Ari asks looking at him. Seungcheol sighs, putting a bandage on her ankle, he looks up at his best friend, his eyes unreadable.

“ I'll learn to love her. She'll treat me well, and I'll be helping my dad.”

“ That doesn't answer my question Seungcheol. Why the are you marrying someone you don't love?!” Ari bellowed angrily.

“ Why can't you just be happy for me!? I like her, and I'm going to marry her. There's nothing you can do or say to change my plans. Jesus, some best friend you are.” Seungcheol said as he got up. He takes his keys and storms out of the apartment, leaving Ari boiling. She gets up and lets out a scream of frustration, a sour lump in the back of . Tears fall down her cheeks, she sobs uncontrollably.

“ Don't you get it you idiot. I don't want you to marry her because I love you.” Ari cries, her chest tight, the overwhelming pain making her choke on her tears. Memories flood her mind, Seungcheol smiling at her as they would watch movies together when they were ten, the water fights, the tickle fights, they practically did everything together. Ari's loved him since day one, the very first day she saw him in 3rd grade. His smile, his laugh, the way he would stick out his tongue when he would . Ari's seen Seungcheol at his worse, as he saw hers. Ari starts to control her breathing, she wipes her tears roughly.

“ There's no way I'm letting this happen without a fight.”

- - -

“ What the ?” Ari thought as she finished serving an old couple their meal. She works at a popular restaurant, and Yubin's father, Hyunsoo just walked into the restaurant with the little and another man. They are laughing and Ari feels a sick feeling in the pit of their stomach as they sit near the counter. Yubin's never seen Ari before, so she won't recognize her.

“ Welcome to Sizzler. Would you like some drinks to start?” Ari asks.

“ We'll all have a beer.” Hyunsoo said. Ari nods and smiles nervously. She walks away to get their drinks. As she comes back, she can't help but eavesdrop in their conversation.

“ So when is the wedding?” The man asks Yubin. She rolls her eyes, but then grins.

“ On Sunday! Hopefully everything will go to plan.” She said as she twirls her hair.

“ Plan? What plan?” Ari thought as she peers closer to hear, but doesn't get close enough for them to see her.

“ Everything will go to plan my beauty. Don't you worry. While on your honeymoon, I will kill Seungcheol's father, then you poison him, once they both are dead, we will have Korea's most successfully company to ourselves.” Hyunsoo whispered to his daughter. The other man laughs before kissing Yubin's cheek.

“ My Yubinnie is so good at acting.” He said as the girl giggles. Ari's blood boils, she walks up to them, with a smile stretched on her lips, handing them their beers.

“ Let us celebrate!” Hyunsoo said.

“ Oh, is it a birthday? We have a special if it is.” Ari said casually.

“ No, my daughter is getting married!” Hyunsoo said with a proud smile. Ari strains a smile.

“ Congratulations.” She said as Yubin thanked her. Ari then leaves, and ends her shift early, going home quickly. She paces back and forth, what can she do? She's practically dealing with criminals here! No way can she tell Seungcheol, he'd think she's crazy. Chewing on her lip, she grabs her phone and dials the first person she thinks might believe her.

“ Junhui. I need you and Minghao's help with something.”

- - -

Sunday is now here, and Ari is dressed and ready to go to the horror wedding. Things are slightly sour with Seungcheol, but she promised she'd go as a way to show him s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter