Summer Camp Love: Joshua

Seventeen One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sigh in relief as you escape your group. Being at this boy/girl camp with your friends was very fun, but sometimes you just needed a break. You walk towards a small shaded area where you can see the lake clearly. You sit on a log admiring the view.

" Can I sit with you?" A voice interrupts your thoughts. You look up to see your crush, Joshua. You feel your heart skip a beat as you nod. Ever since you met Joshua you've had a crush on him. The two of you and some friends would always hang out together, your friends would tease you saying that your crush on him was so obvious. But to Joshua it was anything but obvious. You tried your best to tell him about your feeling, but it somehow always back fired. Not to mention he treated you more like a friend than a potential love interest. So you gave up on trying, but you still always get butterflies when ever you see him. You hated this feeling, because no matter what you did it seemed like he'd never take a hint. The two of you sit there in silence watching the lake. That is until you feel Joshua's burning gaze on the side of your face. You turn to him, biting your lip nervously.

" What?" You ask.

" Nothing. You just look really pretty right now." He states. You laugh in disbelief.

" Um, thanks? Why the sudden compliment?" You ask curiously. Joshua stares at you funnily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter