Fighting

American Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I woke up, I turned around in bed before actually open my eyes. Jungkook’s arm was still around me. I faced his beautiful sleeping face while his mouth a little open which made me instantly smile. Then I noticed his shoulder and arm outside the sheets, holding my waist. Can’t that guy keep a simple t-shirt?

I got up with the idea of go and visit my grandmother. I dressed something quickly and wrote a note leaving it on my pillow next to Jungkook’s head. Then I covered his arm with the sheets so my mom didn’t have to see him and clearly told him in the note “Dress a shirt before you get up”. But as I pulled the sheets over his shoulder, his eyes opened quickly.

Shhh, just sleep. – I whispered, kissing his cheek. – I’m just going to visit my grandmother. I’ll go with you. – Jungkook said stretching up. No, I’ll be back in an hour, okay? I’ll go with you. – He repeated looking at me. You don’t have to.

He didn’t. And I didn’t want him to see her. Because I was already scared about that.

Jungkook got up in a fast move like I never saw him. – I got to do something, actually. But I’ll meet you later. What’s the hospital?

What do you have to do? Just sleep. – I told him again, guessing he was still sleeping in some way.

Jungkook ran to the bathroom and I just ignored his craziness and left home. I got into a taxi and met my dad and my grandmother in front of the hospital.

How’s she? – I asked as I hugged my grandmother. She just got surgery. – She smiled at me. – She’s… thinner.

I made a little smile before we all get in. They already knew where the room was and I took a deep breath before getting in.

Hi. – I smiled looking around. I didn’t want to look at her. – It’s Maria. Maria, my dear… - I heard her weak voice and closed my eyes feeling my tears coming out. How are you feeling? – I asked stopping in front of the bed and looking at the floor. You know… The usual.

I took a deep breath but my tears just kept winning the fight. I heard a noise from the door and looked at it finding Jungkook next to my father and… Jin… walking to me.

What are you doing here? – I raised an eyebrow at him. We came for your birthday but I guess you needed to know we were here earlier. – He smiled to me, cleaning my face. Who’s here, Maria? – My grand grandmother asked. – Is that that boyfriend of yours? No. – I smiled closing my eyes again. – It’s his friend.

I opened my eyes when Jin’s hands started massaging my shoulders and even though that made me feel stronger, the tears came with more frequence. I looked at her this time. Lying in that bed like she wouldn’t move. Looking at the ceiling she would never really see. She looked so thinner and even whiter. Her hair looked even more grey than usual and weaker and… defiantly less hair. I closed my eyes again feeling my whole body fall but Jin’s arms held me tight.

It’s okay. – He whispered to me. But it wasn’t. Do you want something to eat? – I asked her but couldn’t look at her. I’m not hungry, thanks. You have to eat, grandma. – I told her feeling my jaw shake. I know but I’m not hungry. What about some water? – I asked feeling my whole mouth dry but with a blood flavor. I don’t want it, thanks. You have to drink water, please. – I walked to the little table next to her bed and placed it next to her hand. – Hold it. Drink it. Drink a little. Please. I don’t want it, Maria. – She repeated and I saw her eyes close making me do the same as I started crying with all I had.

Jin ran to me and hugged me against his chest making me give up on not making any noise with my whimper. He kissed my hair as I just felt my body feeling heavier than ever.

Please, don’t cry. – I heard my grandmother in a weak voice as her hand looked for something in the bed.

I extended my hand and hugged hers with mine. I could feel her bones now. And her paper skin. So white and… cold. I tried to massage it but I could just feel her bones and I didn’t feel comfortable with it.

Tell me you’ll be okay. – I whispered trying to not have a clogged voice. Probably I will this time. But I won’t last forever. – She said and her hand started shaking. – I won’t live to see you get marry and have kids but I’m really happy I got to see you becoming a singer.

I left her hand and turned to Jin’s chest again to cry for a few minutes feeling his hands on my back.

Why don’t you tell her to play that little game with us? The one you told me about. – Jin asked and I looked up at him like he was crazy but he had a little smile on.

So we did. Her hand didn’t have the same strength as before but she managed the game and ended up winning making me smile.

My hands . – I giggled snuffling. They don’t. – My grandmother smiled with her gummy mouth and white lips. – Who starts the game usually wins. – She giggled. Oh, I see why you always start. – I smiled at her.

After taking a deep breath looking at her and a few seconds of silence, she finally spoke.

You should go and get breakfast. I will. – I told her kissing her hand. Thanks for coming here. – She told me as I started walking to the door. Thank you for coming here. To this world. – I said and left after see her smile.

I looked in the wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter