Insecure

American Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with my phone blowing up. It rang like five times before I grab it and walk to the room balcony. I had three calls from Sofia and two from Josh. I called Josh.

Hey, it’s 7am here. We’re all sleeping. – I told him as soon as I noticed he picked up. Well, you should check the news. I sent you an email with a link. – He answered.

I putted the call on speaker and opened my email. It was a link to a kpop news site.

“BTS’ Jungkook’s Girlfriend Cheating On Him?” I raised an eyebrow to it.

I’ll read it and call you later. – I hang up.

So it was a big story that I met this kpop star in my years of trainee. They said we met when his band was in America and I stopped for a minute since the band’s name sounded a little familiar. It was a band Monica and Miguel liked a lot. So it said we decided to make it a secret since he was really famous and later, I started dating Jungkook as a way to nobody ever think about me and the other guy I don’t even knew the face. And they ended the story saying I met with the guy every time I was in Korea. They also said he was the one who taught me how to speak Korean since he was good in English as well.

I looked for the guy online discovering his band was a little more famous than BTS and they just made a comeback. The guy they called my “secret boyfriend” was the youngest one but was 22 years old. I called Josh again.

This is a big lie. I never met the guy or anyone from that band. They didn’t even perform when I saw BTS on Music Bank. – I told him right away. I know, Faith. But you need to talk about it. – He said. No. – I simply answered. – I’m not going to talk about my personal life, Josh. I never did. I won’t. Then they will attack you. They want to protect Jungkook. He knows this is a lie. They don’t. – He simply said. He sighed after a long silence. – Do what you want, Maria. Just think about your band as well.

I hang up and checked my email full of magazines asking for interviews so I’d “justify” myself. I went inside again and Jungkook was already awake sitting in bed and focusing on his phone. I sat next to him.

I already read the news. – He simply said. Josh called me to talk about it. – I looked at him but he kept touching his phone. – He says I should talk about it. First you should talk with me about it.

I raised an eyebrow at him and sat in front of him. – You don’t really believe it, do you? - Jungkook didn’t look at me and I took his phone off his hands – I never met a kpop band besides yours!

Not even in America? – He looked at me this time. Yeah, Jungkook. I met him in America and we started dating for real and all that crap but I saved my ity so I’d lose it with a guy I don’t give two s about because I need to cover my relationship. – I talked a little louder and Jin moved in bed so I whispered – Are you even for real? Don’t be mad, is just… - He looked to Jin and didn’t finish what he was saying.

I placed his phone next to him and got up. – Think a little about it.

I walked to the bathroom and sat on the floor just thinking. Jungkook didn’t know me that well and kpop news were real almost all the time so it was normal. I’d probably question it as well. You can’t assume from the beginning that everybody is telling the truth. But how did they get such a big story about something that never happened? It was all based in lies and that was absurd.

Someone knocked on the door in that moment before it opened and Jungkook’s eyes appeared.

Can I come in? – He whispered and I nodded.

He sat in front of me and looked for my hands to hold it.

I know yo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter