Can you get away?

American Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook looked like a little ball of tiredness but with a little smile. He slept the whole flight and when we were waiting for our bags, he bowed enough to rest his forehead on my shoulder and close his eyes for few minutes. As we were about to leave the airport, I held his hand since he could fall asleep walking and I’d never see him again, like he was my sleepy kid. Only ten persons were waiting for us, and I didn’t even know how they knew we were there but Jungkook did everything he could to be nice before throw his body to the taxi and fall asleep again, moving his head all over the place without opening his eyes which was so cute but funny at the same time.

So… young couple. – The taxi driver started. – Did you meet here and went to China to meet his family? Oh, no. – I tried not to laugh. Portugal was probably 30% of Chinese people and his story would make a lot of sense. – He’s actually Korean.

The taxi driver was really nice and talked with me the whole time, in a Portuguese that I missed for ages. I started waking up Jungkook as the car stopped in front of my building as the taxi driver started taking out of the car our bags.

I tried to hold them all since Jungkook was so sleepy but he walked in front of me and he actually remembered the floor he should ring.

Yes? – I heard my mom’s voice making me smile. Jungkook. – Jungkook said making me giggle. – Maria. You’re so dumb. And bad communicating. – I punch him playing as the door was unlocked.

We entered the building and ran upstairs as fast as we could.

You didn’t tell me you were coming today. – My mom said hugging me. I didn’t. You grew up. – She told me. I sure didn’t. – I got away from each other and Jungkook held her in his arms. How are you doing? – She asked in a bad English. – How are you? Good. Good. – Jungkook smiled before pointing at her. – You? I’m good as well. – She smiled before looking at me again. – You’re looking so pretty. Just come in.

We got in and Jungkook started putting off his shoes.

No, you don’t have to. – I told him. Yes, I do. – He looked at me. You don’t. We don’t do that here, just come in.

Jungkook smiled to me straighting his body again. – I’m sorry, I forgot.

It’s okay. – We started walking behind my mom. I remembered something! – He screamed and me and my mom looked at him. – Namjoon-hyung told me in Europe you say “Hi” and kiss the person’s face. Yes. – I nodded and my mom raised an eyebrow at me, like his language was totally ET material.

Jungkook walked to my mom fast and after a “Sorry”, kissed his cheek making her surprised. After we dropped our bags in my room, Jungkook threw his body to my bed with shoes and everything, hugging my pillow.

Can I sleep a little bit? – He whispered closing his eyes. I didn’t expect anything else for you. – I told him before kissing his forehead. – I’ll be in the living room. Hm. – He simply said and I started walking out of the room. – I’m happy to be here.

I looked at his sleepy image with a smile before walk to the living room. I was so happy he was there as well. I sat on the living room since I couldn’t sleep at all and we talked for hours. Even if we didn’t spend a lot of time together, we did before. When my parents got divorced me and my mom spent years alone with a lot of difficult and I was the only person around her so even if I was a kid, she’d tell me everything and that made us create a really close relationship so I always saw her as a friend as well. So for all those hours she told me how she was done with the people working with her at the restaurant she was a cooker and how she felt tired and sometimes alone. I also told her about me and The Sweet Pace move to a new apartment and told her about everywhere I went with BTS and how nice they were.

They look so much fun. – She smiled. – I’m glad you have that type of people around you. Me too. – I smiled. What about Jungkook? Is everything totally okay between you two? Yes. – I nodded. – He’s really nice. Anyway… I was thinking… Why don’t we work on opening a restaurant? I’m already tired, Maria. I’d be even worse. Come on. You know the people that work with you make you more tired than the work in itself. You’re right… - She started before smirk at me. What? I actually already rent a place… What? What do you mean? – I screamed but then remembered Jungkook. – When were you going to tell me? I was going to take you there. – She smiled. – I’m going there today to paint the walls. The rest is all set up and in your birthday everything I ordered is going to arrive. Can we just go there now? – I begged. No, we won’t let Jungkook sleeping alone. We’ll go there when he wake up.

It was just 10am in Portugal so we’d have a lot of time to help if Jungkook didn’t sleep for the whole day. So we just kept on talking and I showed her the photos and videos I had from the last month and then ran to my room to get the book Jungkook got me since my mom loved books as well.

Hey. – I heard Jungkook whisper, but looking at him, his eyes were still closed. Just sleep. – I whispered. I can’t sleep more. Yes you do, you can’t even open your eyes. – I giggled in silence. – When you feel like just meet us in the living room. Your pillow smells good. – I heard him before leaving the room. That’s because you’ve been drooling for the last hours. – I said before leaving the room and sat next to my mom again, handing her the book. – It’s so good, you’d love it. Where did you buy it? – She asked, reading the back cover. Jungkook did. In Brazil I guess. It looks really nice. Can I read it when you end it? – She looked at me with that smile I missed and she was so beautiful. You can read it now and I’ll finish it later. I’ll have a lot to train for my next comeback, anyway. Any spoilers? I don’t know yet either. Hello. – I heard Jungkook’s sleepiest voice and looked back to face his messy hair and eyes almost closed in the door of the living room. Can I get him something to eat? – My mom asked me. Yes, please. – I smiled to her as Jungkook walked to me.

He literally threw himself in the sofa, resting his head on my lap, caressing my legs and I did the same in his hair.

Did you sleep well? – I asked and he just nodded. I felt a little… observed by my hyungs in your wall. – Jungkook whispered and I giggled. I’m sorry. I can take it off for today and you sleep there. I’ll sleep here. Why? I won’t snore, I promise. – He looked at me with the cutest eyes ever. I don’t want to make it obvious to my mom her 17 year old daughter has been sleeping with a guy for the last month. You’re still 16, though. – Jungkook made his point making me smile. – So she can see it like I’m taking care of you so you won’t fall out of bed. You’re so dumb. – I told him as my mom appeared with cookies in a plate and a glass of milk and placed it on the center table. – Oh, thanks for bringing me milk as well. You get it yourself. – My mom pointed at me. – He’s the one that is not home. And the only one that just woke up.

Jungkook straightened up his body in the couch as my mom sat next to him and he ran to get a cookie threading the whole thing in his mouth and then looked at him.

He said something I couldn’t really get, obviously so I giggled. – Just chew first.

He chew quickly than I thought and held another cookie, in front of my face this time. – Do you want some?

I accepted it with all the happiness in the world as the hungry person I was feeling inside me and saw Jungkook drink milk with all the satisfaction in the world as well.

Nice. – He told my mom in an accent really weird and I wasn’t sure she got it. – Thank you. Very much. You’re welcome. – She smiled to him. Hm, Kookie. – I called him poking his arm and he looked at me placing his hand on my leg, which was a little uncomfortable in front of my mom but I ignored. – My mom is opening a restaurant. I’m going to help her painting it today. Oh, I can help as well. – Jungkook answered. You don’t have to. You have internet here and you can watch mov – I started but Jungkook held my chin with one hand, making me stop. – What are you doing? – He didn’t answer so I continued. – You can watch movies. We have KBS as well. Shut up! – He told me and I raised an eyebrow at him. – I’m going to help you. – He kissed my nose. – Can you just take my help? – He asked before kissing my forehead. He then got up and I don’t know where he
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter