Exams & Tests

American Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day I left after we eat breakfast. I had to practice and Jungkook had to study for his exam. When we arrived to the hotel room, at the end of the day, I felt totally exhausted and just threw myself to the bed. Amy did the same in the other bed, looking at me.

What? – I asked her. Nothing is just you really grew up since we met. – She smiled making me smile. Is that a good thing? Sure!

In that moment the phone of our hotel room started to ring. I ran to it.

Hello? Hi, it’s Jungkook. – I heard a heavy breath after that. Hi. How was your day? – I asked him. Good. – He looked like he had no air. – I just spent one hour practicing ‘cause the day after tomorrow we’re performing at Music Bank. Did you study as well? All day. – I heard Jungkook swallowing. – I wanted to ask you to go with me to my exam tomorrow. Namjoon and Jin-Hyung are leaving me there. Could you go with them to wish me good luck? Yes! Sure! Now get some rest. I will. – He paused. – We’ll pick you up at 9am so we can take breakfast together.

10 minutes later, me and Amy were already asleep.

---//---

My alarm clock’s song filled the whole room making me get up quickly and turn it off so it wouldn’t wake Amy up. I was still a little tired but I felt fresh comparing to yesterday. In twenty minutes I got ready and walked to the hotel’s reception finding a sleeping Namjoon and Jungkook and Jin looking to books, all sitting in some sofa.

I walked to them and Jin got up to hug me.

Good morning. – He said. Good morning. – I answered before turning to Jungkook. – Are you comfortable with the exam? Yes, I think so. – Jungkook said before turning his attention to the book again. He’s just finishing to read something and then we go. – Jin informed me.

I sat with Jin and he told me about how the other boys were doing, asking me about my debut before we walk to a coffee in the street of the hotel.

Jungkook walked by my side bitting his fingertips and I could see sweat slipping down his face. I looked for his hand that was not in his mouth and intertwined our fingers.

It is going to be okay. It’s just an hour of your life. – I told him.

During the breakfast, Jungkook kept repeating things he knew that would probably be on the exam. Jin would nod every time he finished something and ask some questions about the subject as well.

He seemed prepared but too nervous. Namjoon was still so sleepy and I found that really cute.

Didn’t you sleep well? – I asked him since Jungkook and Jin were busy. Jungkook and I spent the night in the living room, studying. Every time I felt asleep, he’d wake me up to tell me everything he knew again. – He answered almost falling asleep to his breakfast. You should’ve slept, Kookie. That is also important for your exam. – I told him. I know but… I couldn’t sleep either. I was too nervous. – He said before repeating all he knew again.

When we arrived to the school there was a bunch of people. A big crowd. Jin asked someone how it worked and we ended up in a line. Jin and Rap Monster left us alone and stood in the entrance of the room so we wouldn’t be all in the line.

There was a lot of girls and boys probably with Jungkook’s age. Jungkook held my hand and started playing with my fingers and nails as I felt his hand shaking.

It’s going to be okay. I know. – He smiled at me before giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

As he continued to play with my hand, I looked around. There was a bunch of girls and parents looking at us with a weird look. It was kind of uncomfortable and I couldn’t help but feel small. I didn’t say anything to Jungkook since he was already nervous enough. When it was his turn to talk with a woman in a desk, he had to give her his ID and she informed him he had ten minutes until the exam start.

He held my hand and walked to Jin and Namjoon and we looked for the room the lady gave him and stood in front of it with a bunch of other people.

They can’t stop staring and it’s bothering me. – I heard Namjoon whisper. Who? – Jungkook asked. Everybody looks at you two as you pass. Maybe because she has this Latina look but, for s sake, they need to stop. It’s okay. – I said tr
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter