Fragile

American Trainee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with my phone ringing don’t stop and tried to move fast to get it without waking up anyone but he fell on the floor and I just freaked out a little before getting it and run to the balcony to answer it. It was my dad. Yeah, my dad that used to e-mail me once a while.

Hey? – I started, making sure I wasn’t dreaming. – I’m in Japan so this call may cost me thousands. Hi, Maria. – He paused. – Aham… You’re grand-grandmother fell and she… broke something… She’s at the hospital to be operated later. Oh… - I swallowed hard doing everything not to cry.

I heard steps before see Jungkook in front of me looking at me with a little smile.

I’ll call you when I have some new, okay? Promise me you will. – I swallowed again feeling my eyes burning. He didn’t tell me anything and sometimes it was the most annoying thing in the world. I promise, Maria.

I quickly hang up before goodbyes feeling my whole world falling at once and I didn’t want to cry to him.

Is everything okay? – Jungkook asked. My grand-grandmother broke something and she’s waiting to be operated. – I told him, trying to force a smile. Oh, that blind lady that touched me to feel how I looked? – Jungkook hugged me and I nodded hugging him back. – Isn’t she 93? – I nodded again swallowing hard. Let’s just sleep again, okay? – I pushed him back so I wouldn’t cry and he nodded.

We walked to bed and fell asleep quickly.

---- // ---

We woke up later and you won’t believe me… Yoongi woke us up! He was really hungry and made us get ready to have breakfast in the little hotel buffet and we did so. I tried not to think about my grand-grandmother but I was still with her image all over my mind.

The elevator trip was the most silence one and we could just hear Jimin giggling to his phone.

We found the rest of the guys and Yong Jae already in the hotel buffet and I ran to get my food while they sat together. When I came back they were all in silence and looking at each other.

I forced a little smile looking at Namjoon and then at Hoseok. – Did you guys sleep well?

Namjoon nodded with a little smile before looking at everyone separately. – Let’s get our food?

Everybody got up except for Jin that already had his food in front of him.

What were you guys talking about? – I asked him. Aham… Nothing much. – He forced a smile and looked at his food before leaving his chopsticks and get up. – Can we eat in the roof?

I made a little smile looking at him. – Sure. Let’s just wait for them.

No. – Jin held his plate. – I want to talk to you.

I swallowed hard but didn’t really know what to say. I just wanted us to be okay. I looked at the guys and Hoseok noticed Jin getting up and smiled at me so… Nothing bad would happen, right?

I thought I was going crazy but I got my plate and chopsticks and got up following Jin to the elevator. We stood in silence until we get to the roof and Jin left his plate on the floor to walk a little around, appreciating the view. I did the same but tried to avoid him until feeling someone holding my arm.

Jungkook told us about your grandmother. – I heard his whisper and turned to him but looked at my hands. – She’s going to be okay. Thanks. – I tried to smile at him but quickly looked at my hands again. How’s she? – Jin asked and… I had so many things I could say about her. I wanted to talk about her. But… Would he want to hear? She’s… - I looked at him with a little smile but my eyes full of tears ready to drop. – Old. – I tried to giggle and Jin smiled.

For a couple of seconds I thought he’d talk but he kept smiling at me. Not a pity smile. I felt like he wanted to hear more. And I did want to talk more.

She’s… fragile. – I told him. – Her skin looks like paper. Like you could rip it. Her hands shake. She has no eyebrows. – I felt a first tear dropping and held my face with both hands letting it all out. – Her hair is all white. I don’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter