Chapter 8

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Byul’s question struck Eun Bi by surprised. She suddenly remembers Rajin asking her the almost same question during her latest visit at the Love House.

Flashback

“Unnie… you are coming back again, right?” Rajin asked as Eun Bi was preparing their breakfast the next day.

“Of course... I couldn’t visit before because of some things... But now I’m back... I’ll be sure to always visit you…” Eun Bi answered with a reassuring smile.

“Bring Tae Kwang oppa too when you come back, huh?” Rajin requested and Eun Bi turned to look at the young girl.

“You guys seemed to like Tae Kwang a lot, huh?” Eun Bi commented and Rajin nodded.

“Neh… oppa is nice… What about you unnie? Do you like oppa?” Rajin’s innocent question which also surprised Eun Bi.

“Neh?” Eun Bi uttered in surprise.

“Don’t you like oppa?” Rajin asked curiously.

“Joha… (I like)” Eun Bi answered with a small smile and the young girl smiled as well.

End of Flashback

It’s amazing how Eun Bi got asked the same question but to her it seemed too different, Rajin’s question seemed so innocent asking her if she like Tae Kwang as friend and she didn’t  had a hard time answering it with a simple “Joha”, while her sister’s question was more inclined on the romantic side.

“Why aren’t you answering me?” Eun Byul asked once again when Eun Bi remained silent. “Or are you wondering how I got to know that Tae Kwang likes you when haven’t said a word to me about it?” Eun Byul added which finally brought Eun Bi back to reality.

“I didn’t mean to hide it.” Eun Bi said in low voice but she didn’t answer her sister question earlier.

“I know… that is your privacy… let’s just say that I’m quick to catch up with things.” Eun Byul said with a small smile. “When you first told me that Tae Kwang was helping you, I kinda know it by then.” Eun Byul added with a shrug.

“How?” Eun Bi curiously asked. She wondered what was helping her have to do with Tae Kwang liking her. How can her sister know it when she never told anything of that matter?

“Eun Bi-ah…” Eun Byul called and Eun Bi turned to look at her. “Whatever I’m going to say… Don’t take it the wrong way, arasso?” Eun Byul asked first and Eun Bi nodded her head.

“Neh…” Eun Bi answered gently.

“Songjoo, Shijin and Yi An… didn’t they all help you when you are pretending to be me?” Eun Byul asked and Eun Bi nodded.

“Because they are your friends… and they thought I am you.” Eun Bi answered.

“That is right… They are MY friends.” Eun Byul said putting emphasis on the possessive adjective. “They have been my friends all along. So it is already given that they will help the amnesiac Eun Byul.” She added and Eun Bi listened attentively.

That made Eun Bi think, her sister was right, all the people that surrounds her was her sister’s people from the start, the bestfriends she calls right now was originally her sister’s bestfriend and still Eun Byul’s girl bestfriend. Even Han Yi An who says he likes her originally liked Eun Byul at first. And for a moment she felt sad by the sudden realization.

“But as for Gong Tae Kwang…. Before I disappeared, he and I aren’t even on the stage where we would exchange greetings. I don’t even treat him as a person and he always regarded me as the “Rude Girl.” Eun Byul added and Eun Bi remained silent, she remembered that Tae Kwang once said that, when her memories haven’t returned. “So why would he help me?” Eun Byul asked.

“I think I know what you are saying now unnie…” Eun Bi answered with a sigh.

“You do?” Eun Byul asked for confirmation and hoping that her sister didn’t get the wrong idea, she just wants her to clear her mind.

“Neh…” Eun Bi nodded. “Shijin, Songjoo and Yi An… they all have their reasons to help me when I was Eun Byul because they are your friend. And Tae Kwang… he didn’t have to help me but he did.” Eun Bi said,

“Because he likes YOU.” Eun Byul added. “That is how I got to know...” Eun Byul said with a weak smile. “I’m not going to force you to answer my question as to why you don’t Tae Kwang… I know how frustrating it is, having been asked the same question endlessly. Just follow what your heart says. And please… Don’t worry about me. I’m not that noble to sacrifice for you.” Eun Byul answered with a reassuring smile.

“But you did unnie…” Eun Bi said gently. “You gave up your life just to save Me.” she said.

“Yes, I did… But it was entirely a different thing. Saving your life is far different from saving your love life.” Eun Byul retorts. “I’m not doing that noble idiocracy of sacrificing my love life just to make you happy. That is just not my style.” Eun Byul said coolly making Eun Bi smile. “If you like Yi An... then go for it…. But if you happen to realize that the one you really like is Gong Tae Kwang, then I have no say either. Just as long as you are happy.” Eun Byul said as she gives her young twin a small smile.

“Gomawo, unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter