Chapter 28

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of all the people Tae Kwang thought he could confide, Go Eun Byul surely doesn’t make it on the list. Well, he didn’t even have long list, because to be honest, he didn’t have any one he can actually confide, not even Eun Bi.

In front of Eun Bi, he needs to be happy, he always had to wear a smile on his face because he was her ball of sunshine, he was her happy pill, or at least he tries to be. Eun Bi already had a lot of worries to even bother about his own.

“You can beat me you know?” Tae Kwang said to Eun Byul as if he was suggesting it.

“Do I always seem violent to you?” Eun Byul asked with a frown and sarcasm.

“No…” Tae Kwang answered with a small smile. “But I think I need some beating…” he added.

Eun Byul looked at Tae Kwang as if she was actually thinking about beating him, but she realized that what the poor boy needs right now isn’t beating, but someone to talk to.

“I’m sorry Gong Tae…” Eun Byul said making Tae Kwang frown in confusion. “But I’m not that nice to grant random requests.” She added with a smirk. Sarcasm surely works for the both of them as Tae Kwang smiles.

“Yeah… right…” Tae Kwang uttered.

They remained sitting beside each other and Tae Kwang started to tell Eun Byul about what happened between him and Eun Bi.

Somehow it felt nice having someone to talk to, though sometimes it feels weird when he is looking to his left where Eun Byul is sitting, not only that they used to ignore each other before but also by the fact that she looked like Eun Bi makes it more weirder.

“So what now? Are you giving up on her?” Eun Byul asked.

It isn’t the first time she had heard of Tae Kwang and Eun Bi’s story, her sister already told her most of it and it matches with what he had just told her. But hearing it from Tae Kwang himself, she actually felt bad for him.

“You finally got tired of chasing after her…” Eun Byul added, she was even surprise at the bitterness on her own voice. “Think you wasted your time…”

The conversation she isn’t supposed to hear still lingers on her mind; it might have really caused her some emotional disturbance. Yi An’s words made an impact on her.

“Wasted my time?” Tae Kwang repeated. “Ani… I never once think of it as a waste of time.” He added and Eun Byul remained silent and just stares at him. “If there is a time that I think that had been wasted… It would be the time I didn’t get to spend with her… the time I didn’t get to spend helping her.”

Eun Byul lets out a disgusted look, as if what she had heard actually displeases her.

“You know what… I don’t know if you are persistent or just plainly stupid.” Eun Byul said with a mocking voice that actually perks up Tae Kwang’s temper.

“Mwoh?!” Tae Kwang protested. “I’m seriously telling you about my feelings for your sister and here you are calling me stupid.” He added

“If it isn’t idiocracy what you are doing… then what is it?” Eun Byul asked in sarcasm.

“It’s love…” Tae Kwang answered.

Eun Byul knows that if there is a time not to argue with Tae Kwang that would be now, but she couldn’t help it. She looked at him with seriousness.

“Loving someone is good…”

Eun Byul appreciates what Tae Kwang does for her sister, all the things that he did to help her sister when she was gone.

“Loving someone to the core is great”

She too loves her sister that much; there is no doubt to that. She would even give her life up for Eun Bi.

“But always getting hurt ... Is no way better...!!!”

But Gong Tae Kwang had no reasons to do it. He didn’t have to get hurt like this just to love her sister.

Tae Kwang looked surprised at Eun Byul. Is Go Eun Byul actually showing concern over him? He knows that Eun Byul actually have a point, but there is nothing he can do about it.

“But isn’t it better to love someone you can't have than have someone you can't love?” Tae Kwang asked.

The question struck Eun Byul by surprise. What does he mean by that? It was as if he is meaning something to her, was that question actually meant for her. She hated it when someone is talking to her like that, when they are playing mind games with her. But she also hated herself for not having the courage to ask directly what they meant. But somehow she feels like she knows what the guy is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter