Chapter 35

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Byul woke up from the sun light that is touching her face. She blinked and blinked several times before lifting her head and manages a yawn before fully opening her eyes and wondered how long has she been sleeping.

She looked to her side and saw Eun Bi looking outside the window looking rather melancholic, the sun’s vibrant rays are lighting her twin’s hair creating a perfect illusion of a fiery halo right above her head.

She smiled, it fits her twin perfectly. A halo for an angel like Eun Bi. Eun Byul had always been thankful for the days that she woke up and sees Eun Bi right beside her.

Making her realize that whatever it is she had dreamt last night is just a dream, that she is awake right now.

Eun Bi then felt like as if someone is watching her and turned her head on her side and saw that her twin had finally woken up from her deep slumber.

“Oh…You’re finally awake…” Eun Bi said.

“Oh.. Why didn’t you wake me up?” Eun Byul asked back.

“You were sleeping so peacefully that I didn’t have the heart to wake you up…” Eun Bi answered and Eun Byul didn’t say anything in return and just looked outside the window where Eun Bi had been previously looking.

Eun Byul remembered the last time she had step foot on Tongyeong, it was about a year now, where everything started. She didn’t even think that she’d be coming here again. Her experience inn Tongyeong was never a pleasant one.

“I’m not going to do that again…” a voice said bringing Eun Byul back to reality and she just realized that it was actually Eun Bi who owned that voice.

“Neh? What did you say?” Eun Byul had to ask.

“What happened a year ago… I’m not going to do that again…” Eun Bi said which only makes Eun Byul frown and wonder what she is talking about.

“What are you talking about?” Eun Byul asked.

“Dying… ending my life…” Eun Bi uttered which brings chills down to Eun Byul’s spine.

“Yah… don’t ever say that word again…” Eun Byul warned.

“Unnie… Listen to me, ok?” Eun Bi called to calm Eun Byul. “I’m not going to do that again.. So you didn’t have to worry about it… why would I want to die when I have you and omma now?” Eun Bi asked with a reassuring smile. “And so unnie… stop worrying about it and stop blaming yourself…”

Eun Byul stared at her twin and wondered why and what made Eun Bi talk about it. It’s been a while since the last time they talked about that incident. It was never a great experience for both of them so they stay away from the topic as much as they can.

“Go Eun Bi…” Eun Byul uttered.

“I accidentally saw your diary when I knock down the books at the study table…Mian…” Eun Bi confessed.

Eun Byul had a hobby of writing on a diary. Her diary is the only one who knows how she really felt because she was never used to confiding to anyone. She was never someone to talk about her own troubles.

“You could have told me about your problems, unnie…” Eun Bi said in a rather apologetic way. “That the reason you couldn’t get a proper sleep was because of me… that you dreamt of that day all over again…” Eun Bi felt like crying remembering the time she had been reading her sister’s diary.

“You already have a lot of worries on your own…” Eun Byul answered.

“And you don’t?” Eun Bi asked rhetorically making Eun Byul speechless. “Unnie… no matter how much trouble I have… I wanted to be there for you when you needed someone.”

“Arasso… I’m sorry for keeping it a secret…” Eun Byul apologized.

“Promise me you won’t do that again…” Eun Bi suggested giving Eun Byul a firm look.

“Ok.. I promise…” Eun Byul answered with a reassuring smile.

“Pinky promise??” Eun Bi asked and raised her hand asking for a pinky promise from her twin.

“Yah…” Eun Byul whined. “That’s so childish….”

“I don’t care…” Eun Bi said flashing a bright smile at Eun Byul. “Just promise me already…”

“Aigooo…. Arasso… Arasso…” Eun Byul said and takes Eun Bi’s pinky with her pinky. “I promise… Happpy now?” she asked in her usual acidic tone of voice to which Eun Bi had been used to.

“Eung~~~” Eun Bi just mumbled.

“Where are we anyway??” Eun Byul asked.

“We’re almost there… we’ll be taking off at the next bus stop actually…” Eun Bi answered.

******************************************************************************************

Yi An kept spacing back and forth outside the twin’s house, he didn’t know whether to call one of them or not. Whether he should call his bestfriend and ask for help or shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter