Chapter 7

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a brief catching up with her old friends Tae Kwang and Eun Bi are on their way back to the Love House. Eun Bi was oddly silent all throughout the walk back. And Tae Kwang being observant when it comes to Eun Bi quickly noticed it.

“Are you ok?” Tae Kwang asked as he glanced at Eun Bi who was walking beside him.

“Oh.. Neh... I’m ok…” Eun Bi answered though it was obvious that she had been spacing out for a moment.

“You seemed lost for a moment…” Tae Kwang commented and Eun Bi gave him an awkward smile.

“Ani-yah.. I was just thinking something… but it’s nothing…” Eun Bi reasoned out and Tae Kwang didn’t bother to ask anymore.

“Ok…” Tae Kwang shortly answered and looked ahead of the road while Eun Bi remained looking at him for a moment as if she is trying to observe him this time.

That is a normal response from Tae Kwang. Eun Bi had noticed it since then that Tae Kwang never really forced her to do things that is against her will, aside from the things that will actually benefit her, like making her eat when she was not even feeling having even water, or making her laugh when she didn’t even want to smile.

That it’s just Tae Kwang being Tae Kwang. He never once asked her about things she didn’t want to talk about, all he ever asked her was “Are you ok?” or “Is something wrong?” and all the other nonsense question he can come up to make her feel at is.

It may not be too obvious but Eun Bi did appreciate all of that. Especially that one particular question that indeed made her heart flutters.

“Can’t there be one person? One person… who calls you by your real name… Can’t I be that person?”

That moment her heart skipped a bit but she takes it for one reason; being caught in her lies. She really thought that Tae Kwang caught on her lies and will expose it but instead, he offered to help her continue on her lie. He offered to help her live her life as Eun Byul without anyone knowing the pretense she is playing.

Tae Kwang then noticed that Eun Bi was looking at him, he already felt his cheeks burning, but he also didn’t want to assume anything. He had learned to live his life not expecting much from the people he cares for, and Eun Bi is no exemption, he was flatly rejected by her several times, so having her by his side like this was enough for him.

“Is there something on my face?” Tae Kwang asked and that interrupted Eun Bi’s train of thought and caught her of guard for staring at his face.

“Oh??” Eun Bi asked in surprise.

“You’ve been staring at me....” Tae Kwang answered. “Is there something on my face?” he asked and tries to touch his own face to wipe whatever is there that making Eun Bi stares at him.

“OH..? Neh… it’s gone now…” Eun Bi lied.

“Really? Thanks….” Tae Kwang answered and gives Eun Bi a small smile that Eun Bi answered with the same smile and once again they walked in silence.

In no time they reached the Love House and Eun Bi went to prepare the dinner but even before it was ready Tae Kwang announced his departure to go back to Seoul.

“Hyung… You are leaving already?” a young boy asked and Tae Kwang nodded.

“Neh… I’ll just visit again sometime…” Tae Kwang answered and gives the young boy a sweet smile.

“Oppa.. Why don’t you stay for dinner before leaving? Eun Bi unnie says it will be done soon” Rajin suggested and Tae Kwang turned to look at her

“Rajin is right… just stay for dinner before you leave…” Eun Bi said as she turned to look at them who are seated around the rectangular table.

“It’s ok…. I’m not really hungry….” Tae Kwang lied. Eun Bi knows that it is a lie because the only thing she remembered they ate this afternoon was donuts, as if that hadn’t been digested by now.

“You know skipping meals is not really good, right?” Eun Bi said as she gives Tae Kwang a concerned glare.

“Ara… but I’m not going to die right away just by skipping one meal… I’m really fine…” Tae Kwang said and he gives Eun Bi his famous grin before standing up on his seat. “So I’ll be going now… Bye kids…” he turned to the kids.

“Bye, Oppa/hyung” the kids chorused.

“See you at Seoul.” Tae Kwang said and waves goodbye at Eun Bi.

“Oh… Bye…” Eun Bi can only utter that words and stare at the retreating back of Tae Kwang.

Ever since this afternoon she had noticed the change in Tae Kwang’s attitude, or it mig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter